Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Non-Verbal Symbol For Our Cause
Peter,

I just saw the part of your post where your refer to EF as "my forum." Obviously, you know that I'm a moderator there, but it hardly is "my" forum. I understand how most of the regular posters here feel about the EF, even those who post there frequently. I've been associated with many forums over the years, and I think the EF is overall the best one. Nothing is perfect.
Don Jeffries Wrote:Peter,

I just saw the part of your post where your refer to EF as "my forum." Obviously, you know that I'm a moderator there, but it hardly is "my" forum. I understand how most of the regular posters here feel about the EF, even those who post there frequently. I've been associated with many forums over the years, and I think the EF is overall the best one. Nothing is perfect.

Sounds like you're all but post facto justifying what happened to me [and others]. I'll remember that. I too was a mod and took my job there seriously and tried to make the Swamp a better place..and look what happened to me. If that's the 'best'...I think I'll puke. Its only claim is its size - like American obsession with size and power - illusionary and corrupt. In what way is it better when it treats people the way it has? morally better? more just? more fair? more even handed? following its own rules? NONE OF THOSE! You moderators even participated in the sham 'vote' on whether I was to be axed - when NO SUCH procedure existed, had ever been carried out and NO EVIDENCE nor DEFENSE was allowed - only unsupported 'prosecution and innuendo'. JS is a hypocrite and turncoat; and AW a lying, unfair, vindictive, plotting, neocon prig. Best Forum. HA! Wear your stars with pride....they'll likely give you another for this post above. I'll badmouth with honesty the EF unless and until they put back my disappeared posts. I also had my IP put on the blocked list....but now I don't use an IP they can detect; but I also look there less than once a year and feel fully informed without it....and don't get sick to my stomach remembering the injustice NEVER dealt with. Yes, a few tried...but they all caved in when big man JS threatened them with a fate similar to mine if they even tried to defend me. Such a brave crowd.....bowing to tyrants....will never accomplish anything...its a talking shop only, and all too much a troll-friendly talking shop too. All people of good faith should tell JS and his Forum to take a flying **** and quit. IMO. Shame on all of you who let me and others be drawn and quartered there...you often do the same with information.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter,

I did advocate for you, multiple times, to the other moderators there. If you recall very recently, I stuck my neck out and revealed that it was Evan Burton who wrote the childish stuff on Charles's EF profile. That has nothing to do with my comments on this thread, regarding Mark Prior.

I did advocate for you, multiple times, to the other moderators there. If you recall very recently, I stuck my neck out and revealed that it was Evan Burton who wrote the childish stuff on Charles's EF profile. That has nothing to do with my comments on this thread, regarding Mark Prior.

And neither would have been necessary if things were all that 'good' there. They are symptomatic of all too many other such we both could name. Yes, for a short time you did try to help me, then caved in, along with everyone else when you saw it was either Truth and Justice for Peter - or your/their own membership. They use terror tactics there, and those that submit to such tactics are armchair warriors - if warriors at all. Baaaaaah.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Don, you might consider how some of us [myself included] were treated on other Forums after being long time members in good standing [me even a mod]...add to that those trolls we have had NO doubts about. You may be correct that, at times, those who only appear [and may very well not be] awkward, insincere, or naive sometimes get a rough time...often they do not. This is a small Forum, mostly of refugees of one kind or another, mostly fairly advanced on JFK and Deep Politics, generally; while it is open to others, theoretically to all, it is best they sense the lay of the land first and then slowly move ahead.

We are fighting a war and he seemed [to me] to at best be wanting a boy scout secret signal - at worst just to divert and make the forum less serious on the real issues of the WAR for Truth, Justice, and Survival!

Back to my first point. You [and others] did precious little, and still do little [i.e. nothing] to hold those at EF accountable for how I and several others were treated [I don't need an apology, but I did loose 8750 posts I worked on for years -and contacts and some standing in the 'community' totally undeserved [and the aim of the whole conspiracy against me!] DAMN IT!

.....if that makes me and others a bit brittle then all I can say is 'human, human...all too human!'. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired and my country dying, robbing, lying, subverting, spying, and killing. We need strong words and even stronger actions FAST - not 'high-four' signals - even if well intentioned [though my intuition after watching this long thread made me doubt the well-intentioned part. I could be wrong...but if so and even if not so, I'm brittle from abuse on the EF, by my own government and by trolls I've met here, there and elsewhere.] To sometimes being a bit 'brittle' and curmudgeonly, I plead guilty, at times....who wouldn't after what some of us have been through in life and on the internet?!

So, I would politely suggest you get your ****ing Forum 'in order' before you come over here to pontificate to us how best to run this one. You are of course, as is the starter of this thread, welcome to post whatever they like and welcome here. No one has suggested being banned. People have reacted how they felt. I often too don't like what some post here [of the regulars I'm not talking]...but still stick around because there is a lot of great information, and even some attempts at movement to real action. Whatta concept!

As one who took one hell of a lot of unjust heat [and libelous/criminal action], I know how it feels!! Thanks. Rant over.

Cripes Peter, take a chill pill and come up for air. Don is not responsible for what happened to you at EF, and it is not his forum. He makes good points but then I am always trying to promote unity in the research community.
Don I think we treat people fairly here until they go too far. However in this particular case I agree that Mark is being unfairly dealt with. I believe him to be sincere and like many of us trying to figure out just how to make the 50th anniversary and event that will promote change and truth. This IS a war and those of us who are on the side of truth should focuss our anger on the enemy.
Dawn
Mark Prior Wrote:As for Chuck and myself, I believe we agree on some things, but differ on the vernacular. He's more Shakespeare and I'm more Quentin Tarantino. Doctors talk to each other using terms like "lacerations" and "abrasions;" everyday people just say "cuts" and "scrapes."

"Chuck"???

I agree with NOTHING you propose in terms of JFK-related issues.

What you would reduce to a matter of semantics is, in fact, a manifestation of a profound and timeless cultural conflict. You stand not for eloquent simplicity, but rather for weaponized simple-mindedness.

You also stand as a poster boy for the latter.

You know I agree with you politically on almost everything. I did try to fight for you behind the scenes at the EF. I understand your feelings on this. Certainly, the inner members here have adopted something of an "outcast" collective mentality. However, that doesn't explain why there is this compulsion to bash someone like a Mark Prior- who has no connection to EF and hasn't harmed anyone here to my knowledge.

I just wanted to note this situation, and I don't think we can transform it into a larger context. You have a seemingly sincere poster who appears to want nothing more than to fit in on this forum, and he just keeps getting roundly rejected by everyone. Like I said, I don't know him and have no dog in this fight. I just was disturbed by what I saw from reading all these posts.

Don,

At the end of this post I'm including Saint Mark's PM to me that I've previously shared on DPF. In it, your "sincere guy who has been met with inexplicable vitriol from most of you" and who "very politely took you to task for being so cliquish and arrogant" presents as an arrogant naïf willing to make the most churlish personal attacks on me, an individual about whom he admittedly knows nothing ("I am not familiar with your writings or your history") and eager to blame the failure of his ideas to gain traction on the manners in which they were initially received -- all presented in what he mistakenly and in a cowardly manner assumed would be the safety of a "private" message."

To wit: "Your post also included these words of encouragement: "And nothing changes. What's old is old again." Yes...that motivates, doesn't it? I do apologize for the sarcasm. Seriously, if you do not want to get involved, you will not be called upon. But for the sake of the cause, please do not promote the growth of mold while the fruit is still on the tree."

And

"You then posted your entire article to make sure every[one] saw that, yes indeed, you had written such an article. Look at the rest of the thread...there is no discussion about the Manifesto or its content."

I have never felt a "compulsion" to injure Mark Prior in any way. However, I do feel an obligation to point out the myriad weaknesses of his "Manifesto" and to provide insights into its author's mind, manners, and motives.

Prior's "Manifesto" went over like the Edsel. It failed on its own lack of merits, not because of my critique of it. It and the rest of his "ideas" are being roundly rejected by those of us who have devoted so many years of our lives to the struggle for truth and justice in the case of JFK's murder.

This is war, and Mark Prior suggests that we march into a clearing, look a well-armed and merciless enemy in the eye, and give it the finger.

Sign me up.

Charles

Prior's PM to me:

[B][B]I was not a member of this forum until I discovered the Mr. DiEugenio posted my article on this site. It is not my intention to seek notoriety for the article or myself, which is why I'm messaging you directly and not airing this as a forum post. I am not familiar with your writings or your history, so I mean you no disrespect in what I am about to write. I feel as if you did a disservice to the Manifesto with your post for several reasons. And I'm sure this seems hard to believe but this is not about pride of authorship. This is about the cause. I sincerely ask that you please take a step back and look objectively at the points below:

1. After only one person replied to the post, Mr Vazakas, you posted something that was not about the article in question and turned the thread into something about you. "...but I basically made the same argument 15 years ago." Okay. What is the point of that statement? Are you the only person who can make arguments about the lackadaisical efforts of assassination proponents to mobilize? You then posted your entire article to make sure every saw that, yes indeed, you had written such an article. Look at the rest of the thread...there is no discussion about the Manifesto or its content. The Manifesto is suppose to be about something bigger than you or I. I would hope that it inspires someone to do something, if not any of the specific actions which were mentioned in it.

2. Your post also included these words of encouragement: "And nothing changes. What's old is old again." Yes...that motivates, doesn't it? I do apologize for the sarcasm. Seriously, if you do not want to get involved, you will not be called upon. But for the sake of the cause, please do not promote the growth of mold while the fruit is still on the tree.

I did read your article "In The Blossoms of Our Sins," and while I agree that our articles are similar in their themes of addressing apathy, "A Manifesto For The 50th" provides suggestions to change the attitude within our culture and offers specific suggestions to those who may be motivated to in fact do something. And I simply did not see any parallels between our articles in that regard. I think it's a shame that [sic]

As I mentioned before, I am not posting this, nor am a sending a copy to anyone else. I only ask that you be a little bit more considerate of the TOPIC of thread before you post. Please remember, that this is not about you or I; it is about justice for a man who died nearly 50 years.
[/B][/B]

Don - when the Military Censor was making his insincere apology for defacing Charles Drago's profile, did he fess up like a Big Man and make an insincere apology for this lil' beauty?

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index....wuser=6228

Quote:Jan Klimkowski
Member Since 16 Apr 2008
OfflineLast Active Mar 05 2009 07:18 PM Find content

About Me

Sad little man who couldn't make it in the big league.

Or perhaps the Swamp Faeries are responsible?
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Don Jeffries Wrote:Charles and the other leading members of this forum,

Mark Prior is a seemingly sincere guy who has been met with inexplicable vitriol from most of you.

Don - please show where I have displayed any vitriol towards Mark.

I have asked him questions, and stated why I disagree with his conclusions - especially where he made unwarranted assumptions about myself and other researchers.

When Mark decided to lay out his fundamental principles that were "true of us all", his first principle was being "100% American".

Don - let me ask you two questions:

1) do you think being "100% American" has anything to do with researching and seeking to expose the truth about the assassination of JFK?

2) do you think a "unified" movement protesting the official story about the assassination of JFK can be built on principles such as being "100% American"?
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Interesting to watch the fast increase of viewers to this thread come increasingly from the EF.....not surprisingly, as they like to spy on this Forum when it concerns them or negates their self-importance [all bullshit braggadocio, IMO].