Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Fake" Attempt on JFK's Life: Or, Great Minds Think Alike
Vasilios Vazakas Wrote:So you exclude the possiblity that Tampa and Chicago were part of the Northwoods style fake assassination?
I would guess, that the character of your novel, responsible for "operation Thespian"
is Edward Lansdale.

No. Chicago and Tampa were components of the "B" plan -- the REAL assassination that we set only for Dallas.

Thanks for guessing, but Lansdale is not my main character.
I named Lansdale as planner of the fake assassination, not the real one.
Dulles is the one who hijacked it.
Vasilios Vazakas Wrote:I named Lansdale as planner of the fake assassination, not the real one.

Possibly yes to the first, but definitely no to the second.
GO_SECURE

monk

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."

James Hepburn -- Farewell America (1968)
You mean Dulles did not plan the real one? If not him someone very close to him.
He was aware of the Valkyrie plot and the Praga plot during WWII.
November, 1961:

Operation Mongoose is christened as such.

Dulles resigns.

Calls in E. Howard Hunt.

In Gore Vidal, The Art and Arts of E. Howard Hunt, 1973, the famous Buckley duellist does not mention Autumn Too Long, but perhaps that was a Bridge Too Far merely because Gore wasn't ready to stop processing oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Hypothesis: Hunt under a general concept presented in a droll rhetoric moment produced the multilayered script, a single playwright a la Moss Hart.

Hypothesis: Phillips was a collaborator with Hunt a la Rogers & Hammerstein.

Hypothesis: Buckley was given a job as scribe, doing background, continuity, with or without any or limited knowledge.

Chicago as the Color-Catcher to prevent the loose dye of unavoidable leaks from tainting Dallas.

"Marty, you worry too much about me."

"Henry, the Secret Service has taken care of everything."

One sees a long-lead for creation of "Oswald" in which the actor cooperated until the final scene.

Even then he may have been assured it would be a prop gun with a harmless blank charge--so ham it up with your grimacing.

When pondering RFK do not forget his "can't we blow up the Maine again" remark at the excomm session.

Now, when the fake was decided, Lansdale could cast it, according to Prouty.

But the hand through the hair and the fevered clacking of the manual

the naked lightbulb swinging over the half-swigged jelly jar of bourbon

Look at the bags on Phillips or Hunt

Burning the midnight oil

"As I write my masterpiece"

for Angleton's World's Greatest Liars

and now come the literary-deep-political critics

deconstructing for the pages of DPF

It is not too bold to say the thing will be ironed flat by this autumn

Too long accepted

The plot thinnens

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4290[/ATTACH]
Charles: I don't always drink vodka
but when I do it's Absolut Lee Not
Stay deeply political, my friends

Attached Files
.jpg   ABSOLUT LEE NOT.jpg (Size: 40.1 KB / Downloads: 3)
The alleged presence of Lansdale in Dealey Plaza could be explained if we consider that he was the drama director of the fake attempt.
The alleged photos of him could have been a way to ensure his silence forever. Phil is right, Hunt was very close to Dulles and he was helping
the ex director write his book "Craft of Intelligence". During their encounters Dulles might have instructed Hunt how to hijack the fake attempt.
Angleton and Phillips directed the Mexico charade and since Angleton was controlling all the Oswald files he might have been the person who directed the
actual assassination. I don't think Morales would have been able to do it, neither Harvey. If it was not Dulles, Hunt, Angleton or Phillips, i cannot think
who else could have been.
Having failed to take the bate twice before, with the Bay of Pigs and the Missile Crisis, it's hard to beleve anyone would expect him to do so because someone the CIA says is connected to Castro took a shot at him. Also given their general distrust of the intelligence community at that time, I doubt either RFK or JFK would knowingly go along with such a plan.
Greg Burnham Wrote:
Vasilios Vazakas Wrote:I named Lansdale as planner of the fake assassination, not the real one.

Possibly yes to the first, but definitely no to the second.

Agreed.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves.

If Northwoods was the model on which the fake/casus belli Plan A attempt was modeled, then keep in mind the military/JCS origins of Northwoods.

When and by whom Plan A was appreciated as the perfect cover/vehicle for Plan B remain unclear -- for now.

And it very well may be the case that A did not not inspire B, but rather that both components originated simultaneously as part of the single, larger plan.
And it very well may be the case that A did not not inspire B, but rather that both components originated simultaneously as part of the single, larger plan.[/QUOTE]

Of course. Whoever decided to kill JFK knew that after the assassination RFK would everything to find out the truth. So he had to compromise every one, so he thought
that he would cover the actual assassination into a fake one. So he managed to involve the military, the CIA and the SS into a Continuity of Covernment exercise to compromise them. Only Dulles had that power.
Gordon Gray Wrote:Having failed to take the bate twice before, with the Bay of Pigs and the Missile Crisis, it's hard to beleve anyone would expect him to do so because someone the CIA says is connected to Castro took a shot at him.

Unless, of course, Plan A called for immediate public release of the "Castro was behind this" story and/or RFK was in on it.

Gordon Gray Wrote:Also given their general distrust of the intelligence community at that time, I doubt either RFK or JFK would knowingly go along with such a plan.

Beginner's mistake, I'm afraid. Both JFK and RFK trusted certain intelligence and military officers -- and, for that matter, certain anti-Castro Cubans operating in the U.S. You must understand that governments and their agencies are not ideologically monolithic in nature.

You should also consider the notion that RFK provided protection, in the form of plausible deniability, for his brother.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How Life Magazine aided the Cover up Jim DiEugenio 0 2,275 06-02-2019, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  McAdams gets new life Tom Bowden 3 16,426 11-07-2018, 01:05 AM
  Time-Life and the 50th Jim DiEugenio 1 10,813 15-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  New book on life and 'work' of J.J. Angleton Peter Lemkin 6 26,295 03-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  "Fake news": isn't this what we've been saying for 50+ years? Martin White 1 3,635 23-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Fake news (or history) from the Smithsonian Joseph McBride 9 7,656 05-01-2017, 02:54 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The Great White Case Officer by David Atlee Phillips Alan Dale 2 3,339 02-05-2016, 04:29 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  Can anyone tell me if the doc is real or fake? Scott Kaiser 13 9,819 19-01-2016, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Armstrong: Of Covert Ops, Fake Marines, of Classifieds, of Cabbages and Kings Jack White 32 17,383 22-11-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  BEN BRADLEE: Not Such a Good Life Jim DiEugenio 15 7,552 14-03-2015, 08:58 PM