Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new book, "Into the Nightmare"
I have also ordered a copy of Into the Nightmare and look forward to reading it.

And Charles has also convinced me to read Evica; I purchased both of his books as well.

For me also, the pile keeps growing. Wish I could read as fast as JFK is reputed to have been able to.
Charles Drago Wrote:
Joseph McBride Wrote:I hope you and others appreciate the
search I have made into why my candidate was killed (a shattering event
that made me recreate myself and change my aspirations from politics to writing) and the many discoveries I have made along the way.

Word comes today that my copy of your book has been dispatched. It will jump to Number One position on the tower of tomes next to my bed (above the new novels by le Carré and McCarry).

As a writer (short and long prose fiction and drama for the small and large screens) I value beyond measure the application of the artist's sensibilities to our shared quests for truth and justice.

(As an aside: When asked why he had not chosen to write about the JFK assassination, le Carré responded simply, "It's too difficult.")

I eagerly anticipate gaining appreciations of your search and the manners in which you choose to describe it.

Thanks so much for your kind words, Charles.
Albert Rossi Wrote:I have also ordered a copy of Into the Nightmare and look forward to reading it.

And Charles has also convinced me to read Evica; I purchased both of his books as well.

For me also, the pile keeps growing. Wish I could read as fast as JFK is reputed to have been able to.

When I was a kid, I was impressed by reports of JFK's fast reading skills, so I
studied speed-reading but got going so fast that after a while I wasn't following half of
what I was reading, so I had to slow down and do it the old-fashioned way.

Good reading, Albert.
My copy of "Into the Nightmare" is scheduled for delivery sometme between July, 8 & the 23. I look forward to receiving yor book Mr. McBride.
Kenneth Kapel Wrote:My copy of "Into the Nightmare" is scheduled for delivery sometme between July, 8 & the 23. I look forward to receiving yor book Mr. McBride.

Thanks, Kenneth -- that schedule shows the range and outside limit of the mail
system, which, as we know, is unpredictable, but sometimes
moves faster than we expect. I am glad we still have a USPS.
Albert Rossi Wrote:I have also ordered a copy of Into the Nightmare and look forward to reading it.

Good to know, Albert.

I hope that you got And We are All Mortal at a reasonable price and that you ordered the Trine Day edition of A Certain Arrogance. The original self-published iteration of the latter, via Xlibris, was butchered by the publisher and is, at points, unreadable.
Charles Drago Wrote:

Good to know, Albert.

I hope that you got And We are All Mortal at a reasonable price and that you ordered the Trine Day edition of A Certain Arrogance. The original self-published iteration of the latter, via Xlibris, was butchered by the publisher and is, at points, unreadable.

Thanks for the heads-up, Charles. I'm not sure what reasonable in this case would be, but having been an academic I am used to spending on hard-to-get books, so no problem there. Yes, I believe I ordered the better edition of A Certain Arrogance. From the way you describe Evica, his interests seem to have cut across a whole spectrum of literary and anthropological issues; he seems from your description to have been quite brilliant. I take it his work engages/dialogues with the likes of Victor Turner and Clifford Geertz? Looking forward to reading him, too.
Albert Rossi Wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, Charles. I'm not sure what reasonable in this case would be, but having been an academic I am used to spending on hard-to-get books, so no problem there. Yes, I believe I ordered the better edition of A Certain Arrogance. From the way you describe Evica, his interests seem to have cut across a whole spectrum of literary and anthropological issues; he seems from your description to have been quite brilliant. I take it his work engages/dialogues with the likes of Victor Turner and Clifford Geertz? Looking forward to reading him, too.

I'm afraid that I can't answer your question. Surely George Michael was interested and well read in the areas of symbolic/interpretive and cultural anthropology, and I'll check with Alycia Evica to determine if works by Turner and/or Geertz were in his rather large personal library (currently at the University of Hartford).

I'm eager to read your evaluations of the books.
Forum members may be interested in knowing that
in INTO THE NIGHTMARE I discuss
some previously unreported facets of
my investigation of George H. W. Bush's early and
unacknowledged CIA ties. I published two articles in The
Nation in 1988 that have influenced other researchers
(including Russ Baker, whose book FAMILY OF SECRETS
starts with my discovery of J. Edgar Hoover's memo
mentioning Bush in connection with the aftermath of
the assassination).

I continued my research on Bush after those two articles and submitted a third article in October 1988 that The Nation refused to run. It was on Bush's connections
with the Houston rightwing extremist James Parrott. Bush told the FBI on the afternoon of November 22, 1963, that Parrott had been threatening to kill JFK when he came to Texas. When the editor of The Nation, Victor Navasky, rejected the article, he told me to avoid writing about
the assassination because it is a "quagmire."

I have an extensive
section on Bush in INTO THE NIGHTMARE and discuss my
discoveries and offer new information on Bush and
Houston and Dallas rightwingers involved with the Republican Party in that period when
Bush was Harris County GOP chairman and a candidate for the U.S. Senate.
I discovered that the FBI after the assassination conducted an eight-month investigation
of Parrott and his fellow extremists. The documents were removed from the
National Archives by the FBI after Bush was named CIA director, but I was able to obtain
some of them and other documents related to that group. Among the people I interviewed about Bush
(and provide previously unpublished interview
material from) are Senator Ralph Yarborough and Donald Rumsfeld. I
found a revealing comment (not reported in any other book) that Bush made about Kennedy's trip before the president arrived in Texas. I also discuss why The Nation has generally been
in the pro-Warren Commission camp. And I discuss
the media coverup throughout the book and analyze how it has worked; that's one
of my major subjects of study.

:thumbsup:Grand thread all;;Thank you Joseph for sharing, your welcome news, fyi, the date here to Canada delivery is between July 6 and august 6th, snail mail, as usual, the important info being, it will arrive eventually, many best wishes for a best seller, of course, and a huge thank you from all I am sure, for your the obvious tremendous work that you have done, over the 31 years, amazing...note; to Peter;at times like this , I right now miss Jack so very much, as he would have been in here like a dirty old shirt, spilling out data...as well as Dixie with the latest on Mary as she had passed along some quite similar information many years back...they would have been so pleased as we all are, in knowing a new book, confirming , shall I put it some old thoughts re research as well as some private ones as well, perhaps down through the years, three cheers for JOSEPH, and many more, note,;; there was information once on the web, that there were three different copies of the dpd radio tapes, along with documentation and print outs for all three for such, on Rich's forum, years back, right now a search has not produced such.on my pc but will continue..to look into the matter.....MONK any thoughts re tapes ??.....any info on such Joseph. many thanks all..and best wishes for a safe, great summer:jumpingjoy:..bBee

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 523 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Bart Kamp's 'Prayer Man More Than A Fuzzy Picture' Book Brian Doyle 1 537 27-09-2023, 03:30 PM
  Selverstone's Book Jim DiEugenio 3 1,117 13-04-2023, 05:10 PM
  new book by Albarelli Ed Jewett 7 9,648 11-12-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The Book Depository as a Potemkin Village Richard Gilbride 1 2,706 22-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  The CIA and the Book Depository Jim DiEugenio 0 2,509 21-04-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 5,306 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Nat'l Security Archive Brief Book Richard Coleman 0 2,139 20-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Has anyone read the book He Was Expendable Phil Dagosto 0 3,270 17-10-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Phil Dagosto
  Best Book on RFK in over 30 years Jim DiEugenio 16 27,475 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford