Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new book, "Into the Nightmare"
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:To the best of my analytical skills and visual acuity, "Badge Man" is some blur on one of Mary Moorman's photograph.

I respect and mourn Jack White.

I loathe Gary Mack.

My own considered judgement is that "Badge Man" is at best a red herring, at worst a psyop to discredit JFK asssassination research.

I do not welcome the resurrection of this random noise....

How many big "name" researchers reply to a nobody with honest sincere replies and information?
Jack did...
Read not to contradict and confute;
nor to believe and take for granted;
nor to find talk and discourse;
but to weigh and consider.
FRANCIS BACON
When time permits I will get this book. Some of the conclusions stated in this thread are the same ones I came to many years ago. However I agree with Jan, CD, and others who take issue with Badgeman. He was the invention of a man who has shown his true opinions to be on the side of the assassins. So I take nothing from his earlier work to be anything but disinfo to gain entrance into the critical community. I have never bought into the concept of being a real believer in conspiracy truth then having a change of heart and mind. If you cross over to the dark side you always lived there, in my view.

I look forward to reading "Into the Nightmare". I am sure when I do I will have some questions and comments.

Dawn
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Albert Rossi Wrote:Let me state, first, that I have Into the Nightmare in my stack of books, and have not yet gotten to it, but am anxious to read it. So I do not know what the arguments about Tippit are that Joseph musters for his hypothesis. But, FWIW, I do know -- outside of Buchanan -- that this identification has been proposed in at least one other place: Phillips, D.T. A Deeper, Darker Truth: Tom Wilson's Journey into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy. Illinois: DTP/Companion Books, 2009. The epilogue suggests that Badge Man is Tippit because of the supposed pock mark on his left cheek uncovered by Wilson's digital analysis. In my opinion the book is, to be kind, extremely dubious (I am inclined to say totally bogus junk; there is not enough detail in the presentation to understand exactly what the mathematics of Wilson's technique supposedly consists of), but I thought I'd just add this into the mix here for completeness sake.

I don't want to divert this thread into one on another book, but since it was brought up, just a quick mention - and if more be needed, it should be on another thread. I am one of the few researchers to have worked with Tom Wilson and I'm trained as a scientist and do understand the theory behind his work. I agree that the book about his work suffers greatly in not enlightening the reader as to 1] his methodology and the theory behind it 2] the full spectrum of Wilson's findings - only some. There is nothing wrong, in theory, with Wilson's methodology, but it needs to be independently repeated by others. [by the way he was allowed to use his same technique as a Court approved expert witness many times on various murder and other forensic cases!] Sadly, his family has refused my repeated attempts to release the vast volume of his work, notes, technique, databases and computer programs et al. I'm going to shortly make one last attempt to appeal to them - citing the 50th....but they are either not up to speed on the need for this or afraid - I know not which. I find Wilson's work very interesting and potentially a key to unlock many mysteries. That Wilson uncovered or confirmed a few things does NOT mean that his every finding would be valid. Others, repeating his work would go a very long way to finding out which are valid and which are still open to question. Discarding his work because it is difficult to understand and non-transparent to most is not the correct way to vet it. I think there are some very important finds in Wilson's work - I also find some I am sceptical of - but, again, they need to be repeated to know their full validity. The FBI and other 'keepers of the Big Lie' were VERY worried about Wilson and his work [and I have evidence of this!] and likely worked to feed him some bad information/photos/data in order to discredit him. IMO

Peter, thanks. I didn't mean to divert the thread. I knew nothing of Tom Wilson until I read this book last year. This is characteristic for me, an "outsider" who up until this year has not participated in conferences, blogs, done research, met people connected to the case, etc., etc., but has simply tried, since 1967, to keep up with the case by reading what I estimated as the more important books on it (I have made errors here, though ...). I would be very interested in what you have to say concerning WIlson's method. I have training in computer science and would like to know what the mathematics involves. I'd also like to know more about the court cases. Perhaps you could send me a private message, so as not to clutter the forum with another thread that rehashes this topic. My initial impressions of the book, as I said, were very doubtful, but I agree with you and Charles that the only way to evaluate a scientific method is by repeating it for its results.
Albert Rossi Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Albert Rossi Wrote:Let me state, first, that I have Into the Nightmare in my stack of books, and have not yet gotten to it, but am anxious to read it. So I do not know what the arguments about Tippit are that Joseph musters for his hypothesis. But, FWIW, I do know -- outside of Buchanan -- that this identification has been proposed in at least one other place: Phillips, D.T. A Deeper, Darker Truth: Tom Wilson's Journey into the Assassination of John F. Kennedy. Illinois: DTP/Companion Books, 2009. The epilogue suggests that Badge Man is Tippit because of the supposed pock mark on his left cheek uncovered by Wilson's digital analysis. In my opinion the book is, to be kind, extremely dubious (I am inclined to say totally bogus junk; there is not enough detail in the presentation to understand exactly what the mathematics of Wilson's technique supposedly consists of), but I thought I'd just add this into the mix here for completeness sake.

I don't want to divert this thread into one on another book, but since it was brought up, just a quick mention - and if more be needed, it should be on another thread. I am one of the few researchers to have worked with Tom Wilson and I'm trained as a scientist and do understand the theory behind his work. I agree that the book about his work suffers greatly in not enlightening the reader as to 1] his methodology and the theory behind it 2] the full spectrum of Wilson's findings - only some. There is nothing wrong, in theory, with Wilson's methodology, but it needs to be independently repeated by others. [by the way he was allowed to use his same technique as a Court approved expert witness many times on various murder and other forensic cases!] Sadly, his family has refused my repeated attempts to release the vast volume of his work, notes, technique, databases and computer programs et al. I'm going to shortly make one last attempt to appeal to them - citing the 50th....but they are either not up to speed on the need for this or afraid - I know not which. I find Wilson's work very interesting and potentially a key to unlock many mysteries. That Wilson uncovered or confirmed a few things does NOT mean that his every finding would be valid. Others, repeating his work would go a very long way to finding out which are valid and which are still open to question. Discarding his work because it is difficult to understand and non-transparent to most is not the correct way to vet it. I think there are some very important finds in Wilson's work - I also find some I am sceptical of - but, again, they need to be repeated to know their full validity. The FBI and other 'keepers of the Big Lie' were VERY worried about Wilson and his work [and I have evidence of this!] and likely worked to feed him some bad information/photos/data in order to discredit him. IMO

Peter, thanks. I didn't mean to divert the thread. I knew nothing of Tom Wilson until I read this book last year. This is characteristic for me, an "outsider" who up until this year has not participated in conferences, blogs, done research, met people connected to the case, etc., etc., but has simply tried, since 1967, to keep up with the case by reading what I estimated as the more important books on it (I have made errors here, though ...). I would be very interested in what you have to say concerning WIlson's method. I have training in computer science and would like to know what the mathematics involves. I'd also like to know more about the court cases. Perhaps you could send me a private message, so as not to clutter the forum with another thread that rehashes this topic. My initial impressions of the book, as I said, were very doubtful, but I agree with you and Charles that the only way to evaluate a scientific method is by repeating it for its results.

One of several threads on Wilson is here.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Albert Rossi Wrote:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:

One of several threads on Wilson is here.

Thanks again, Peter. I read through the thread, and will be reading the article on photogrammetry this evening.
Joseph McBride Wrote:
Allan Peak Wrote:Mr. McBride

Will this book be available in the UK?

Al

PS. Hi forum

Al,

The book is available only through Amazon.com, but the
fulfillment house will ship copies to the UK.

It took me a while to figure out who Vervante are. I take it this was self published. Nothing wrong with that, of course. From the hype I expect it's a bit too hot to handle even for Skyhorse. Just don't ride in any cars with fly-by-wire.

I should point out that your book does not show up with a search of the Vervante website. Was this intentional or have they just fallen down on the job? By the way, just ordered a copy, which I rarely do any more, through Amazon.
There's probably 50 or 60 new JFK assassination books coming out on Amazon over the next few months, not counting the handful of electronic-only volumes (i.e ebooks) that are also being listed. A dozen of those are from Skyhorse, covering new books from Ventura and Russell, Patrick Nolan's volume fingering the CIA, Jim D's Parkland volume, Joan Mellen's expanded FAREWELL TO JUSTICE and reprints of titles by Scott, Weisberg (several), Meagher and Fonzi. You could pretty much fill a bookshelf with the various JFK assassination volumes Skyhorse is bringing to market in the next 14 weeks. If Skyhorse passed on Joseph McBride's volume (or Joseph never felt the need to submit it, being happier with Hightower) it probably has less to do with Skyhorse judging the latter volume too hot to handle, and more to do with the company already pressing their printing and shipping logistics (plus promotional efforts) past breaking point on the subject. Skyhorse has a lovely, elegant looking hardcover of THE LAST INVESTIGATION coming out shortly, and at any other point in time it would be worthy of a substantial promotional push all by itself. At the moment, however, it'll probably be drowned out by the others appearing alongside it.

The fact that INTO THE NIGHTMARE is only available through marketplace (rather than Amazon direct) has led me to place it further back down the queue than I would have liked. I tend to buy a bunch of books at a time, but for ITN I'll have to swallow a sizeable international postage charge just for that volume alone. (Another friend of mine in Melbourne has already bugged me this week as to when I'll be getting it, as he wants to check out my copy).
Anthony Thorne Wrote:The fact that INTO THE NIGHTMARE is only available through marketplace (rather than Amazon direct) has led me to place it further back down the queue than I would have liked. I tend to buy a bunch of books at a time, but for ITN I'll have to swallow a sizeable international postage charge just for that volume alone. (Another friend of mine in Melbourne has already bugged me this week as to when I'll be getting it, as he wants to check out my copy).
Yeah, I rarely buy from Amazon, for many reasons, international postage being one. Free postage always wins me over. My copy arrived last week and it was around $65 between the exchange rate and int. postage. Look forward to reading it though.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I should point out that Len Osanic of Black Op Radio is doing an extensive series of interviews with McBride, on the strength of the first of which I ordered the book. I have not been reading much about the subject in the last few years, but this sounds like it contains much that is new. And yes, Amazon has been getting a bit snarky lately, but they seem to be the only option at this point.
Magda Hassan Wrote:
Anthony Thorne Wrote:The fact that INTO THE NIGHTMARE is only available through marketplace (rather than Amazon direct) has led me to place it further back down the queue than I would have liked. I tend to buy a bunch of books at a time, but for ITN I'll have to swallow a sizeable international postage charge just for that volume alone. (Another friend of mine in Melbourne has already bugged me this week as to when I'll be getting it, as he wants to check out my copy).
Yeah, I rarely buy from Amazon, for many reasons, international postage being one. Free postage always wins me over. My copy arrived last week and it was around $65 between the exchange rate and int. postage. Look forward to reading it though.

Anthony and Magda: Given the horrific international postage, perhaps a kindle would be a better option. I love mine, but must admit I still order books on these subjects as physical books. I see that coming to a close shortly as I simply have no more room in my house for books. So when I order this one it will be to my kindle. My dear friend Rachel is loving this book, calls me three times a day on connections she is making from her personal experiences and stuff in this book.

Dawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DiEugenio Reviews Kamp's Book But Doesn't Mention Prayer Man Brian Doyle 0 523 06-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Bart Kamp's 'Prayer Man More Than A Fuzzy Picture' Book Brian Doyle 1 537 27-09-2023, 03:30 PM
  Selverstone's Book Jim DiEugenio 3 1,117 13-04-2023, 05:10 PM
  new book by Albarelli Ed Jewett 7 9,648 11-12-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  The Book Depository as a Potemkin Village Richard Gilbride 1 2,706 22-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  The CIA and the Book Depository Jim DiEugenio 0 2,509 21-04-2020, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 5,306 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Nat'l Security Archive Brief Book Richard Coleman 0 2,139 20-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Has anyone read the book He Was Expendable Phil Dagosto 0 3,270 17-10-2018, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Phil Dagosto
  Best Book on RFK in over 30 years Jim DiEugenio 16 27,475 09-01-2018, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford