Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email from Charles Drago
Anthony Thorne Wrote:Dear old Charlie, I guess he never changes. (Despite the quotation marks dramatically appended around the surname by Drago I'll hazard a cautious guess that Guyatt is David's actual last name.)

Wasn't initially going to post it and still can't now be bothered posting the specifics but Walt Brown concludes a latter volume of his massive (and IMO very worthwhile) JFK assassination chronology by nominating, naming and detailing one individual as by far the most obnoxious he's met in the five decades he's been studying the case. Have a guess who that could have been.

Lol, I have a good guess. Funny, I've been re-going over a lot of Brown's stuff recently. I know where the complaints lie with Walt. However, for someone who I disagree with in many facets. Unlike other screw ups he has actually done some good research... he's also a pretty good writer. There's a shit load worse than Walt Brown out there. Indeed, if I was seriously going to do a "Johnson did it" book. I would use big elements of Brown and Doug Weldon. That tools like Phil Nelson barely use either. Indeed, the rest of the Johnson crowd ignore these sorts of guys is a sad indictment of that disinfo clique... they can't even give us the most honest disinformation lol!
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992
Seamus Coogan Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:Anthony, Harold Weisberg seems to have a similarly poor opinion on the same person. There is an old pdf floating around the interwebz of a letter between the two. Indicates a long established MO with negative results. Leopards. Spots.

I think Harold had a high opinion of about a half-dozen researchers, and the rest he had nothing but contempt for. As much as I respect his work, he wasted a lot of precious time in personal fights and angry letter-writing campaigns. His archives are filled with them. His unpublished manuscripts are mostly petty tirades against other people. Some of it could be blamed on his deteriorating health, but it's very sad that otherwise brilliant people lose sight of the big picture.

Brilliant mate. I really agree with this, I saw a review Weisberg did of Noel Twymans "Bloody Treason." He was correct the book was seriously flawed. Nonetheless, he went off on a tirade at the end about how he knew Oswald was an intelligence agent. However, there still was no evidence of this ermmmmm. He had also to my knowledge attacked John Newman, who had discovered much of the Oswald/intelligence information. I would like to see that... or maybe I wouldn't it's all rather depressing.

Somewhere he got the idea that Newman believed Castro killed JFK. I don't know where he got that from, but he was in his eighties at the time. During the last year or so of his life he wrote some rather unpleasant letters to Gerald McKnight, his friend, disciple, and the guy who helped get his archives set up at Hood.
Cheers Tracey!
"In the Kennedy assassination we must be careful of running off into the ether of our own imaginations." Carl Ogelsby circa 1992
I withdrew from the DP Forum several years ago when Drago began taking an active role. I found his sense of "humor" to be warped and distracting. I don't mind posting my research for the benefit of others who will follow up on it and expand upon it. But I refuse to partake in tit for tat comments and name calling. I think research requires more than just criticizing the work of others and making cute puns about them and their work. I appreciate David Guyatt, a dear friend, for inviting me back.
"History records that the Money Changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." --James Madison
Linda Minor Wrote:I withdrew from the DP Forum several years ago when Drago began taking an active role. I found his sense of "humor" to be warped and distracting. I don't mind posting my research for the benefit of others who will follow up on it and expand upon it. But I refuse to partake in tit for tat comments and name calling. I think research requires more than just criticizing the work of others and making cute puns about them and their work. I appreciate David Guyatt, a dear friend, for inviting me back.

And I'm absolutely delighted you've come back Linda.

Good to see ya!
::dancing guy::
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Linda Minor Wrote:I withdrew from the DP Forum several years ago when Drago began taking an active role. I found his sense of "humor" to be warped and distracting. I don't mind posting my research for the benefit of others who will follow up on it and expand upon it. But I refuse to partake in tit for tat comments and name calling. I think research requires more than just criticizing the work of others and making cute puns about them and their work. I appreciate David Guyatt, a dear friend, for inviting me back.

Linda, I'm so glad to see you back too.

I recall when I was a DPF Rookie a few years ago, your posts quickly became must-reads for me. No histrionics, personal bickering, grand-standing or any of the other vices that plague most forums; just solid well-researched and evidenced opinion. Precisely what makes a serious research forum worthwhile IOW.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Great to see you back, Linda. Missed you in Dallas this year.

I have a bunch of pics on fb of COPA.
Dawn
Wonderful to have you back Linda! What a lovely surprise to see you here again this morning :Hooray:::runaround:: I am in total agreement with Peter Presland too. Your posts are always top quality and meticulously researched and a must read for me too and always shared in a spirit of generosity to achieve a greater collective knowledge of the true history. I hope you will find the forum more supportive place than in the past. No more of this: ::evilpenguin::
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bernice your email is hacked again Magda Hassan 9 6,774 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Hacked email-- Greg Burnham 4 4,450 05-10-2011, 02:50 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  PETER; clean out your forum email, it is not accepting any more replys... Bernice Moore 0 2,453 06-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore