Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Judge. Update from hospital.
Hi all,
I got this message this morning on Facebook. Just want to pass it on...

"I am visiting John Judge right now. He suffered a stroke. John is improving, but having difficulty speakiing. Donations are greatly needed and appreciated. We need to pay rent and bills for several months. John will be unable to work until his voice returns. He will need extensive therapy. Please send donations to COPA, PO Box 772, Washington DC 20044. Please make checks out to Marilyn Tenenoff. Thank you! T Carter"
Bloody hell. What a nasty shock. Sending good mojo to John to get well and recover fully. Fuck the American health sysytem. In a sane world he and his family should be able to get some sort of assistance while he is recovering so he doesn't also have to worry about becoming homeless or starving.

And any chance of a pay pal donation link or similar Frankie? If I, and probably other overseas donors, send money to a US account it just gets eaten up with bank fees and charges. Would be nice for the money to get to the right destination.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
It is a shock. We need this man.
I will ask if there is a donate button or something, if not maybe we could set up some sort of crowd funding?
Frankie Vegas Wrote:It is a shock. We need this man.
I will ask if there is a donate button or something, if not maybe we could set up some sort of crowd funding?
That would be great. Thanks Frankie.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Sending many good wishes John's way and will be happy to donate...
I just got this message: "We may set up a gofundme, Geraghty is running it by Marilyn and T."
Looks like something is being set up. I will let you know as soon as I have a link or any more info.

try here, I was involved in a fundraiser there, a successful one... I believe the admin fee was a few pennies on the dollar...

http://www.giveforward.com/

just an idea.
David Healy Wrote:

try here, I was involved in a fundraiser there, a successful one... I believe the admin fee was a few pennies on the dollar...

http://www.giveforward.com/

just an idea.

Oh my.....bad news indeed! I know JJ personally and we have been in contact for about 30 years. This is the first I heard of it. He has almost singlehandedly run COPA and its predecessor, has been a great and fearless anti-fascist researcher long before I got going. He cut his teeth working with Mae Brussell - and even before when his parents used to leave him in the Pentagon library while they worked there [as he didn't have the clearances to enter their offices]. Yes Magda, the American 'unhealthy uncareing system' is appalling - we pay taxes, but they only go for death, wars, police, spying on us and others [for evil]; good is generally NOT funded, and little to nothing is returned to the citizens from their taxes that is positive.

I certainly wish JJ well and a quick recovery!!
We need him and he needs his health! To the plus, he has a large group locally and around the World who care about him! Sad news! Please, those setting up a way to raise funds for JJ, also consider [if he's up to it] a way to send emails to him. I know he has a smart phone, but don't know if he has it with him at the hospital - or can yet use it. Anyway, the messages will be there for when he can. I think his knowing others are thinking of him will be good medicine. So, if JJ is not yet up to getting messages, if someone has the time to read them to him and set up an email address to send them to, I think this would do as much as the care the doctors and nurses are doing. Please also think of setting up an electronic means of contributions. I live in a European country from which it is impossible to send checks [in this country they do NOT exist], or any means of a contribution except electronically. JJ has friends around the World.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Oh my.....bad news indeed! I know JJ personally and we have been in contact for about 30 years. This is the first I heard of it. He has almost singlehandedly run COPA and its predecessor, has been a great and fearless anti-fascist researcher long before I got going. He cut his teeth working with Mae Brussell - and even before when his parents used to leave him in the Pentagon library while they worked there [as he didn't have the clearances to enter their offices]. Yes Magda, the American 'unhealthy uncareing system' is appalling - we pay taxes, but they only go for death, wars, police, spying on us and others [for evil]; good is generally NOT funded, and little to nothing is returned to the citizens from their taxes that is positive.

I certainly wish JJ well and a quick recovery!!
We need him and he needs his health! To the plus, he has a large group locally and around the World who care about him! Sad news! Please, those setting up a way to raise funds for JJ, also consider [if he's up to it] a way to send emails to him. I know he has a smart phone, but don't know if he has it with him at the hospital - or can yet use it. Anyway, the messages will be there for when he can. I think his knowing others are thinking of him will be good medicine. So, if JJ is not yet up to getting messages, if someone has the time to read them to him and set up an email address to send them to, I think this would do as much as the care the doctors and nurses are doing. Please also think of setting up an electronic means of contributions. I live in a European country from which it is impossible to send checks [in this country they do NOT exist], or any means of a contribution except electronically. JJ has friends around the World.

Oh, this is gorgeous!

I don't know John personally but have been in contact with him and have admired his work, and him for a long time now. Im just passing on what I learned on Facebook because I knew everyone would want to know and would be worried. I also wanted to pass on the details for donations. The people who are with John now are setting up an online way to donate.

John does so much work on this every year. It's really astounding to even think of what he did even just last year. You are right, we need this man. He is the glue.

I will pass on the electronic bank details as soon as possible. Or I hope someone else will if they hear first.

I will ask if there is a place that is best to send well wishes or if emailing them directly to him might be better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Judge on Donald Norton Peter Lemkin 31 30,942 10-03-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  John T Martin: Filmed on same reel: Edwin Walker's Home, Oswald NOLA Leaflets Distribution Tom Scully 1 2,733 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  John Judge has died Dawn Meredith 112 124,507 14-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,630 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,620 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 30,636 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  John Newman special section: Reviews and Excerpts Jim DiEugenio 4 4,680 08-03-2019, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  John Newman's INTO THE STORM is out now Anthony Thorne 4 5,195 17-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  John Kenneth Galbraith: A Hero in our Time Jim DiEugenio 25 24,278 21-11-2018, 03:24 AM
Last Post: James Lateer
  John D. Norman, from whom Jack Ruby rented a Dallas apartment George Klees 1 35,169 24-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan