Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Harry Livingstone
http://vincepalamara.com/2015/06/03/harr...d-of-mine/

Apparently he passed back in February. Not one of my favorite researchers, but I never questioned his dedication and sincerity. Rest in peace.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:http://vincepalamara.com/2015/06/03/harr...d-of-mine/

Apparently he passed back in February. Not one of my favorite researchers, but I never questioned his dedication and sincerity. Rest in peace.

He did great work with Groden but then went kinda nuts. Killing the Truth has a lot of factually incorrect stuff in it. Especially about my dear friend Carl Oglesby (RIP).

Dawn
Harry did not have a lot of consistency. His output was really erratic.

But High Treason was important because he got all those Dallas witnesses to go on record about the hole in the back of Kennedy's head.

Killing Kennedy was also good since it dealt a lot with the newly declassified HSCA medical records, and he interviewed Humes who said he still felt that the bullet came in low in the rear of the skull.

The rest of his output, well you had to really pick and choose. Harry badly needed an editor for his work.

Odd, how he passed away in February, and we are just hearing about it now. I am trying to get more info about it.
Never met nor even emailed the man. He seemed to have been one of those researchers who kept to himself. Agree that his first book with Groden is good and important. I have all of his books, however, and was always looking with hope for interesting new things in them. They had some, but later books also had some very odd material too - and I don't think I read any of the others cover to cover...just looked at parts and ignored others after starting. Sorry to hear of his dying. We are loosing [or have already lost] so many of the basic researcher/writers in this field. RIP to all of them who fought the good fight against the Big Lie of 'Oswald done it', or that 'Oswald' was not a creature of the intelligence community manipulated into being the patsy for a much wider and higher-level conspiracy and coup d'etat.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
From what I understand, Harry lived alone in the Monterey/Santa Cruz area in California.

I am trying to get some more information about his passing. And also the materials he had left on the case when he died.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:From what I understand, Harry lived alone in the Monterey/Santa Cruz area in California.

I am trying to get some more information about his passing. And also the materials he had left on the case when he died.

I wonder if he had any surviving relatives or acquaintances in the Baltimore area, where he was originally from.
Harry was interesting and entertaining but a little bit nuts in his later years. I remember him getting a mutual acquaintance on a TV show, where she claimed to be a 27 year old virgin. She was staying with Harry at the time. Some may remember her from the early 90's,
Ahimsa….may you live in a world of non-forcefulness.
I just left a message with the author Dennis Taylor of a nice 2012 piece on Livingstone in the Monterrey newspaper.

http://www.montereyherald.com/20120506/k...lifes-work

Hopefully the author can lead us to an obituary or other information.

Taylor has forwarded me to the Monterrey County Public Guardian's Office, where I have left a message to obtain information.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
From The Weisberg archive
http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/Weisberg%...spondence/
I seem to recall that Livingstone accused Weisberg (among others) of leading the research community astray in "Killing the Truth." Is that correspondence you linked to something of substance to the assassination, or is it just researchers bickering?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New JFK book: KALEIDOSCOPE - Livingstone reviews Horne Anthony Thorne 8 5,800 18-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  e book Harry Dean's Confessions-I might have killed JFK By Paul E, Trejo & Harry J. Dean Harry Dean 2 4,848 16-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin