Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Because to me, that is all that it seems that Damore had.

I mean if he really did have what he said he did, then the whole thing about his book agent would not have happened the way it did. I mean if he really had what he said he did, as I said in my review, then all kinds of security precautions would have been taken with the material.

Also, Janney's book would not have ended up as it did. I mean so vapid and lacking in substance. So much of it just assumed.

And I agree about what Damore did to Ted Kennedy. I thought that was a real hatchet job.

Can I ask you this: What got Damore started on the whole MM story? And did he once ask John Davis to co write it?

It seems to have started after Leo's 'Larry King' interview, after being 'embraced' by the right for being a Kennedy attack dog. 'SP' was selling well, and through the Pinchot murder, Leo saw a way to portray 'Caligula's Court' (read:Camelot) in an even more seamy light. The 'New Times' article by Rosenbaum/Nobile was a catalyst, as well as a hefty advance from Ms. Goldberg, which she never recovered.

It was Leo's son who had first contacted John Davis, and who, at first, acted as an intermediary for me, but things went south between Chuck Damore and myself, hence the lawsuit that never occurred (after finding out how much Leo was in debt for, it was dropped).

So then, Davis' agent, Marianne Strong, drew up a contract between us and they both visited me in Washington to peruse "Leo's vault". We were also working with Myrna Firestone, who was trying to write a book about Mary at the time. John & I also spent a while talking to Pierre Salinger, who was then busy with that TWA Flight 800 tragedy. Hope this fills in some gaps for you, Jim.

Messages In This Thread
Mary's Mosaic: Entering Peter Janney's World of Fantasy - by Mark A. O'Blazney - 23-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alan Dale chats with Peter Dale Scott about the JFK assassination - a good read Anthony Thorne 2 4,928 18-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Millicent Cranor on the Mary Woodward coverup Joseph McBride 0 3,281 24-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  Perfect Storm: A Conversation with Peter Levenda Lauren Johnson 1 3,249 14-04-2017, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  William Pawley, the Kennedy Assassination, and.......... by Peter Dale Scott Adele Edisen 21 11,180 11-02-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  John F. Kennedy's letter to his alleged mistress (Mary Meyer) is up for auction Drew Phipps 51 24,035 24-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Mary's Mosaic: Toward Consensus Charles Drago 20 13,427 14-05-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Are the Peter Janney interviews of Dino Brugioni available anywhere? Chris Bennett 0 2,491 20-02-2016, 01:01 AM
Last Post: Chris Bennett
  New Peter Dale Scott interview on DALLAS '63. Anthony Thorne 1 3,298 01-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Jimmy Ferrell, son of Mary passes. Dawn Meredith 8 6,978 28-11-2015, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  America left behind: The world integrates the Dallas coup into its narratives of post-WWII Paul Rigby 3 3,319 18-11-2015, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby