Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Presidency After the JFK Assassination: Or why Sanders Supporters (myself included) were Destine
I agree that Sanders' attack on Clinton and her foreign policy was not anywhere near what it should have been.

IMO, HC was a very poor Secretary of State. I mean, just the case of Libya would have been enough for me not to vote for her. But when you add in the rest of her Mid East foreign policy, its even worse.

I have come to see the Clintons, not through the prism of the phony scandals that the hard right have tried to pin on them--unsuccessfully I should add. But through the work of writers like Thomas Frank and Robert Reich.

The Clintons are essentially GOP Lite agents, except inside the Democratic Party. In other words, their net result has been to make the Democratic Party like Eisenhower, since there is no Eisenhower wing of the GOP anymore. Except they may be worse than that. Look at NAFTA, and what Clinton's man on that, McClarty, did later. He ended up being the Democratic version of Kissinger in Washington as a big lobbyist.

Howard Dean had it right about what the Clintons did to the Democratic Party. They sanctified the DLC.

In my view, that is the kind of campaign Sanders should have run: a battle for the soul of the party.

But pundits like Krugman did not want it to be that. I think they banked on HC being the safer candidate. The better bet to beat Trump. The irony being that Trump has pretty much imploded. Which anyone could have predicted would happen. As far ahead as HC is over him, add about five points and that is the lead Sanders would have right now.

Messages In This Thread
The Presidency After the JFK Assassination: Or why Sanders Supporters (myself included) were Destine - by Jim DiEugenio - 27-06-2016, 10:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Current State Of Internet Assassination Discussion Brian Doyle 0 125 23-08-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  JFK Assassination: Sequence of Events ThomasPickering 5 2,440 20-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  On the Trail of Clay Shaw:The Italian Undercover CIA and Mossad Station and the Assassination of JFK Paz Marverde 4 5,090 28-11-2019, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  Weisberg's trash-the-critics book 'Inside the Assassination Industry' Richard Booth 7 5,338 28-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Last Post: Richard Booth
  Mailer's Tales of the JFK Assassination Milo Reech 4 4,317 07-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Collins Radio Connection to JFK Assassination - Bill Kelly (revised) Peter Lemkin 15 9,624 20-05-2019, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  John Barbour: Averill Harriman ordered the assassination Lauren Johnson 30 30,703 18-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  The Inheritance: Poisoned Fruit of JFK's Assassination Lauren Johnson 1 2,995 09-02-2019, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  The Key To a Successful Assassination is Control of Communications..... Peter Lemkin 0 2,420 21-01-2019, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  President kennedy assassination was solved Harry Dean 2 6,361 16-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser