Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The spook use of film metaphors and similes
Probably, and not on the lab floor.

I would love to read the Red Book. I will have to put the suggestion of its acquisition deep into my reticular activating system.

And this is getting me very interested in furthering my education and research in things Jungian now that I am Oldian.

A very cursory and rapid Google search turns up these direct cut-and-pastes:

"In The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test, Tom Wolfe describes the classic experiment in which Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters, under the influence of LSD, explore manifestations of synchronicity by listening to a recording of a drug-induced monologue while watching the Ed Sullivan Show. Also, the central goal of the psychedelic movement, opening the doors of perception, is repeatedly associated with Jungian concepts throughout the book."

"Hofmann called LSD "medicine for the soul" and was frustrated by the worldwide prohibition that has pushed it underground. "It was used very successfully for 10 years in psychoanalysis," he said.... "

"In one procedure, which was developed in European clinics and given the name psychotytic therapy, moderately strong doses of LSD are administered in several successive sessions at regular intervals. Subsequently the LSD experiences are worked out in group discussions, and in expression therapy by drawing and painting. The term psycholytic therapy was coined by Ronald A. Sandison, an English therapist of Jungian orientation and a pioneerof clinical LSD research. The root -lysis or -lytic signifies the dissolution of tension or conflicts in the human psyche."

What I was looking for was evidence of their knowing one another or having collaborated in some way some where.

The transcendentalists all knew one another, and many American literary giants were close friends and associates, and often spent time climbing Mount Greylock.

It would seem two explorers of the internal mind might take a trip together.

This reminds me of one such trip to Mount Greylock in which my companion asked me, on Route Two West some time after we had filled eaten our very small lunch, asked me what the definition of 'nebulous' was, and I answered 'By definition, it has none."
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
The spook use of film metaphors and similes - by Ed Jewett - 21-09-2009, 06:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Alex Jones more than just a right-wing screwball? Is he also a spook?! Peter Lemkin 0 4,660 23-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  "VICE" - New Film About Dick Chaney's life Peter Lemkin 2 11,651 05-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  The Enlightenment of a Spook Lauren Johnson 3 8,709 20-08-2017, 12:08 AM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Glenn Greenwald as spook loyalist Paul Rigby 3 8,494 01-12-2015, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  Bob Woodward - Gatekeeper or Spook? David Guyatt 0 4,122 01-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Donald Rumsfeld - The Unknown Known - A New Film by Errol Morris Peter Lemkin 0 2,548 27-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Film divides CIA spymaster William Colby's family Bernice Moore 0 2,763 20-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  John Pilger's fealty to the spook version of British domestic terrorism Paul Rigby 3 4,767 21-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff