Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defenestration of Prague, Number Four
Someone remind me, is Czech Republic stil holding the presidency of the EU? Because I keep seeing people say it isn't fair for one man, i.e. Vaclav Klaus, to stand in the way of the Lisbon Treaty. Obviously Klaus doesn't just represent one man's, his own, opinion, since he was elected by the Czechs to represent them, but isn't he technically the leader of the EU right now?

I'm for Klaus and his refusal, and I think the theory man-made global warming doesn't have any evidence to back it up, although I used to think there was something to it. For the opposition view see http://www.iceagenow.com

Whether the human rights of the Sudetenland Germans and German colonists from the Third Reich in Czechoslovakia were violated by the post-war mass expulsion, I can't say. I have to wonder how many true Sudetenland Germans are left and how many of them really want to live in Bohemia again now. Reversing or compensating their expulsion leads to the question of East Prussian Germans being compensated or allowed to resettle in Kaliningrad and calls into question the current borders of Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine and Belarus besides those of the Russian outpost. Then there's the Danzig corridor and all Polish territory from the border with Kaliningrad to Brandenberg where Germans once lived and were expelled. Half of East Prussia was also taken by Poland. And if those borders are up for grabs, then there's Karelia in Russia, or in Finland, depending on one's loyalties. And come to think of it Iceland probably still belongs in the Danish Kingdom. Why should Denmark be penalized for the Nazi aggression?

Klaus is probably very correct to adhere to the current status quo on European borders and the general outcome of World War II.

Messages In This Thread
Defenestration of Prague, Number Four - by Helen Reyes - 16-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obama's visit To Prague Peter Lemkin 2 3,859 06-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan