Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile
HERE IS A RESPONSE I RECEIVED FROM JUDYTH THIS MORNING. BECAUSE SHE NEEDS NEW GLASSES, SHE FREQUENTLY USES ALL CAPS. Sometimes she uses === and sometimes not. I take the liberty of correcting her typos and occasional misspellings and improve the formatting to make what she is saying easier to follow. The use of ===, I would observe, is not a permanent trait, as this post--which, because it is short, I post here exactly as I received it--itself displays. The edited version shows the way in which I would edit it for posting, where Judyty has been following all of my postings and approves of the manner in which I have been handling them.

ORIGINAL FROM JUDYTH:

I gave an authorized interview to DE GROENE AMSTERDAMMER PUBLISHED JUNE 21, 2003. THE INTERVIEW IN SMALL PRINT ON LARGE PAGES GOES ON FOR 4 FULL PAGES---FROM PAGE 20, 21, 22 AND 23
.THE COVER WAS THE MUIG SHOT OF LEE, SIDEWAYS, TAKLEN 11 23 63. THE NAME OF THE ARTICLE WAS 'DE MOORD OP KENNEDY: HET KAN NOG GEKKER"
(HE IS NOT THE KILLER)

IT WAS WRITTEN BY RENE ZWAAP.

AFTER THAT CAME ANOTHER MAGAZINE ARTICLE. THIS NE I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO SEE OR CORRECT BEFORE IT WENT TO PRESS, AS WIM DANKBAAR MAY RECALL. WE WERE DISAPPOINTERD WITH SEVERAL STATEMENTS IN IT THAT WERE INACCURATE.

THE FOUR PAGE ARTICLE BY RENE ZWAP MENTONS NOTHING ABOUT WHO SPOKE FIRST, BUT IS A MUICH LONGER ARTICLE. PLEASE HAVE THE GENTLEMAN WHO QUESTIONS 'WHO SPOKE FIRST' IN RUSSIAN TO SEND THE ARTICLE AND TANSLATION. IT MAY BE YET ANOTHER ARTICLE OVER WICH I HAD NO CONTROL.
FOR EXAMPLE, AN ARTICLE BY THE 'SUN'--A TABLOID-- ABOUT ME, SHOWED A PHOTO OF RUTH PAINE HOLDING A CHILD AND SAID IT WAS MARNA OSWALD.

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STARED NEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIA, FOR PICKING UP A DRPPED NEWSPAPER, I MUST ASK WHY I SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A FOREIGNER WRITES ABOUT ME, WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSLATED BY BABBLEFISH, WHICH TURNED LEE'S NAME INT "LEE HARVEY NURSE" AND SO ON.

I AM ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLES CAME OUT, STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.

NIT=PICKING.

JUDYTH

There are many errors using 'bablefish" to translate.

VERSION FOR POSTING:

JUDYTH'S RESPONSE ABOUT MEETING LEE:

There are many errors using 'bablefish" to translate.

I gave an authorized interview to DE GROENE AMSTERDAMMER PUBLISHED JUNE 21, 2003.
THE INTERVIEW IN SMALL PRINT ON LARGE PAGES GOES ON FOR 4 FULL PAGES---FROM PAGE 20, 21, 22 AND 23.

THE COVER WAS THE MUG SHOT OF LEE, SIDEWAYS, TAKLEN 11 23 63.
THE NAME OF THE ARTICLE WAS 'DE MOORD OP KENNEDY: HET KAN NOG GEKKER"
(HE IS NOT THE KILLER)

IT WAS WRITTEN BY RENE ZWAAP.

AFTER THAT CAME ANOTHER MAGAZINE ARTICLE.
THIS ONE I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO SEE OR CORRECT BEFORE IT WENT TO PRESS, AS WIM DANKBAAR MAY RECALL.
WE WERE DISAPPOINTED WITH SEVERAL STATEMENTS IN IT THAT WERE INACCURATE.

THE FOUR PAGE ARTICLE BY RENE ZWAAP MENTIONS NOTHING ABOUT WHO SPOKE FIRST,
BUT IS A MUCH LONGER ARTICLE.

PLEASE HAVE THE GENTLEMAN WHO QUESTIONS 'WHO SPOKE FIRST' IN RUSSIAN TO SEND THE ARTICLE AND TRANSLATION. IT MAY BE YET ANOTHER ARTICLE OVER WHICH I HAD NO CONTROL.

FOR EXAMPLE, AN ARTICLE BY THE 'SUN'--A TABLOID--ABOUT ME, SHOWED A PHOTO OF RUTH PAINE HOLDING A CHILD AND SAID IT WAS MARINA OSWALD.

AS A WITNESS WHO HAS ALWAYS STATED UNEQUIVOCALLY THAT OSWALD RESPONDED TO ME IN RUSSIAN WHEN I SPONTANEOUSLY THANKED HIM, IN RUSSIAN, FOR PICKING UP A DROPPED NEWSPAPER, I MUST ASK WHY I SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT A FOREIGNER WRITES ABOUT ME, WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSLATED BY BABLE FISH, WHICH EVEN TURNED LEE'S NAME INTO "LEE HARVEY NURSE" AND SO ON?

I WAS ON FM IN 2003, THE SAME TME THE DUTCH MAGAZINE ARTICLES CAME OUT,
STATING LEE SPOKE TO ME FIRST. GO LISTEN TO THAT.

[THIS IS] NIT-PICKING.

JUDYTH

[quote name='Barb Junkkarinen' post='186515' date='Mar 11 2010, 07:58 AM'][quote name='John Gillespie' post='186489' date='Mar 11 2010, 04:47 AM']Professor Fetzer,

I wrote to Judyth several years ago through this forum about something that ought to strike any number of folks as very significant. There was an interview in a Dutch magazine with Judyth in which she told the interviewer that when she met LHO he spoke first and in Russian. Then, I saw shortly thereafter that McAdams (if you'll pardon the expression) has it the other way around: that Judyth says she spoke first and in Russian.

I don't believe McAdams and do believe what I read after translating the Dutch interview on Babelfish. But either way this is major and more than a bit curious why this has not come under a harsher light. Now, if no one gets why any of this is significant, so be it (duh). But, if you or someone else could get her to retell that tale without prompting her, terrific. She didn't respond to my email. Thanks.

As Always,
JG[/quote]

Hi John,

Here is an excerpt from a post Judyth posted herself in 2001. It is a very long response to comments made by Mary Ferrell; salient excerpt only here, the entire message can be found at: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassi...sassination.jfk

NOTE: Mary Ferrell's words are indicated by the ">" ... Judyth's comments are easy to recognize, as she sets them off in ======== at the beginning and end of each comment.

Judyth V. Baker View profile
More options Dec 30 2001, 11:51 am

Newsgroups: alt.assassination.jfk
Date: 30 Dec 2001 14:51:16 -0500

Local: Sun, Dec 30 2001 11:51 am
Subject: Re: Mary Ferrell on Judyth

[......]

>She [Judyth-bj] was so startled that she dropped a rolled-up newspaper
> that was under her arm and Lee Oswald stooped and retrieved it. When
> he handed it to her, she thanked him in Russian.

=====ERROR. i have plainly repeated what happened her to many readers.
As i was HANDED the letter, i dropped the rolled-up paper that had a
coded message printed in it: "JARYO...nice here..." etc. It was kissed
with lipstick and LHO noticed it, he later told me. I WAS NEVER
STARTLED BY ANYTHING. He picked it up and handed it to me and I said
thanks, comrade, In Russian,
Today, I say "TUSEN TAK" in Norwegian. It
was a habit i had and have always kept, ask any of my friends, to say
'thank you' in various foreign languages. ======

On page 53/54, Volume I of her published book, Judyth wrote:

I put the stamp on the letter automatically, and handed it to the postman. As I did so, I lost my underarm grip on the newspaper, and the newspaper -- with the envelope that had the ad on it -- fell to the floor. The young man picked up the newspaper, and, after glancing at the circled and red-marked ad, and the envelope, he handed it back to me. I took it, and gave him my prettiest smile.

I had a habit of saying a few common phrases. such as thank you, goodbye, or hello, in Russian, wanting to keep up my slight abilities in the language. With almost nobody to speak Russian to, this was my strategy. I had worked too hard to allow all my Russian to slip away.

"Karashaw, Tovarietsch," I said, in my atrocious Russian.

I was also sort of flirting with this young man, miffed that there was nothing at all for me from Robert (he wasn't 'Bobby' to me now!) But instead of puzzling/inyeresting the young stranger with my Russian phrase, as I'd hoped, I received a shock. For he leaned close to me and said, in perfect Russian, "It's not good to speak Russian in New Orleans."

NOTE: The tranlaltor I posted before does not work on her text, because romanized words are often spelled in different ways.
Хорошо (harushow, or karusho are pretty close) means "good" ...
Спасибо (Spasiba) is "thank you."
Saying, "Good, comrade" could be used loosely as "thank you, comrade" but is not the direct translation/meaning of the word she used.
Товари (tovarishch) does translate as "comrade" ... her romanized spelling is just different, but pretty close.

Bests,
Barb :-)
[/quote]

Messages In This Thread
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by James H. Fetzer - 13-03-2010, 07:34 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Myra Bronstein - 22-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Judyth Vary Baker: Living in Exile - by Dixie Dea - 24-03-2010, 11:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JUDYTH VARY BAKER - IN HER OWN WORDS: Edited, With Commentary by Walt Brown, Ph.D Anthony Thorne 41 16,386 12-07-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 10,180 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  April 1, 1963 Exile Cuban Leaders restricted to DADE COUNTY - start of JFK hatred David Josephs 19 13,208 11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 27,812 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Poking More Holes in Judyth Baker Jim DiEugenio 95 58,457 05-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Ray Kovach
  Russ Baker on Coast To Coast Richard Coleman 0 2,426 18-01-2016, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Russ Baker Interview Alan Dale 0 6,001 29-07-2015, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Alan Dale
  Judyth Baker answering questions on Reddit this Friday Kyle Burnett 4 4,043 26-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Judyth Baker conferences: who is funding?? Dawn Meredith 11 6,954 28-10-2014, 08:57 PM
  Nicholson Baker - Dallas Killer's Club R.K. Locke 5 4,196 23-07-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke