Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The spooking of anarchy
Paul Rigby Wrote:Depressing, isn't it, how the same rudimentary techniques work generation after generation? The same transparent measures which made the Gunpowder Plot such a striking success play out in the Lincoln Conspiracy; and prop up much of the nonsense of the Oswald fiction.
"Deeply depressing" it most surely is.

And agreed - 'The Gunpowder Plot' has represented perhaps THE archetype for Secret policemen and the National Security State ever since - in the English speaking world anyway.

I think it was you who introduced me to John Gerrard's 'What was the Gunpowder Plot'. One of many gems stands out. Update the archaic English and it describes 9/11, 7/7 and much else to a tee.

Quote:"...much of what the conspirators are said to have done is well-nigh incredible, while it is utterly impossible that if they really acted in the manner described, the public authorities should not have had full knowledge of their proceedings"
Plus ca change indeed.

As to what is to be done. One thing's for sure: start to organise and the moment such organisation is seen as having the remotest possibility of becoming effective, it will be infiltrated and used.

I see no prospect of worthwhile change short of human nature itself changing. Power accrues to the psychopathic personality type - period. All any individual can do is try to act according to his own lights - in concience I suppose, and that will always carry risks.

I was struck by a few things John Young of Cryptome had to say about personal opposition to the 'National Security State' in a recent Siebel Edmonds 'Boiling Frogs podcast. A full transcript would be nice but here are few notes I took:
Quote:
  • Expect to be tricked
  • I can be turned at any time - so can you. Don't trust me.
  • There are fake whistle-blowers - trying to make you distrust whistle-blowers.
  • The only answer is to publicise everything - so people can make up their own minds
  • People in authority are bumbling too.
  • The most bizarre people in the world are spys. They cook up more 'conspiracy theories' than the rest of the world combined - except for the Catholic Church
  • Conspiracy theories are the lifeblood of the National Security State.
  • If you get too close to the truth they will come after you.
  • They don't mind collateral damage; they expect it - and use it.
  • Some old salts go off and get a conscience
  • Most of us are controlled through our money source.
  • If you want to bury something, set up a commission
  • The internet is a gigantic spying machine.
I really do rate John Young
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Messages In This Thread
The spooking of anarchy - by Paul Rigby - 27-03-2010, 10:15 PM
The spooking of anarchy - by Peter Presland - 28-03-2010, 08:17 AM
The spooking of anarchy - by Paul Rigby - 28-03-2010, 09:01 AM
The spooking of anarchy - by Peter Presland - 28-03-2010, 10:25 AM
The spooking of anarchy - by Paul Rigby - 28-03-2010, 11:09 AM
The spooking of anarchy - by Magda Hassan - 28-03-2010, 01:05 PM
The spooking of anarchy - by Ed Jewett - 28-03-2010, 04:49 PM