Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook's gone rogue
Bernice Moore Wrote:Thanks helen for the information for those that belong, i do not, i do not know why just had an eh i guess, i do know that some friends have added me as a friend, but i do not belong, but i wonder if them just adding me has also enabled face book to trace mine as well..i have no idea, i guess those who joined and have had a ball, did not think that it all was just perhaps too good to be true, more rights of privacy has disappeared, not new but disgusting...best b.

That was where I got out, a long time ago, when people I'd never been in contact with in any sense were suddenly my "friends", and their friends were my friends, and so on. I didn't know what club I had joined, and the dialogue (if it could be called that) was vapid and shallow.

My friends are not opposed to self-disclosure in some sense, who clearly stand (and solidly so) for something I can discern (whether I agree with it or not, at least I know where they're coming from). There is a reference in this 9/11 SCAD article I am reading which rings true with my leanings toward somatic psychology; it notes "experiential enlightenment" as a process of acquiring knowledge and understanding, which requires authentic relationships with one's self and with others.

I haven't seen anything authentic in Facebook and Twitter. It seems to be cut from the same cloth as "alternate reality games" and this mysterious, spooky world where things can be made to be so because "they" made them up and got a hundred other people to nod up and down.

'taint so.

Experience, understanding and authenticity is hard to come by in a "virtual" world.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Facebook's gone rogue - by Bernice Moore - 08-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Magda Hassan - 08-05-2010, 04:09 AM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Helen Reyes - 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Bernice Moore - 08-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Ed Jewett - 08-05-2010, 06:38 PM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Jan Klimkowski - 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Bernice Moore - 08-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Helen Reyes - 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Facebook's gone rogue - by Bernice Moore - 09-05-2010, 03:06 AM