Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chas Freeman resigns
Mark Stapleton Wrote:
David Guyatt Wrote:
Quote:At the same time, the Freeman affair has highlighted the yawning disconnect between the career professionals in the intelligence and diplomatic communities, from whom Freeman enjoyed strong support, and political leaders in Congress and the White House, none of whom came to his defence publicly.

Nothing more need be said. Obama is a waste of space. If he won't even back his own man against these sort of attacks then what a compliant mongrel he is.

Agreed.

Obama should go public about it and make the broader issue of Israeli control of US foreign policy a matter of wider public discussion, neatly bypassing the pro-Israel commentariat. JFK did this in his fight with US Steel in 1962. I reckon it would scare the pants off the Israel lobby. They don't want the American public catching a glimpse of the 800 pound gorilla the rest of us can all see.

Obama could do this but, hey, I'm dreaming. Obama doesn't possess a fraction of JFK's balls.

Agreed, but what an actor. He took in the last of Camelot. And that sure helped pull in more. Looking at his dropping poll numbers however I think people are waking up. I know I certainly have and I was joyous on 11/4. In tears. I wanted to believe. Americans are a sucker for a thing called hope.
Clinton played the "hope " card first, with his hometown. Obama just played us.
Dawn

Messages In This Thread
Chas Freeman resigns - by Mark Stapleton - 12-03-2009, 05:40 AM
Chas Freeman resigns - by David Guyatt - 12-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Chas Freeman resigns - by Mark Stapleton - 14-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Chas Freeman resigns - by Magda Hassan - 14-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Chas Freeman resigns - by Magda Hassan - 14-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Chas Freeman resigns - by David Guyatt - 14-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Chas Freeman resigns - by Mark Stapleton - 14-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Chas Freeman resigns - by Dawn Meredith - 14-03-2009, 10:47 PM
Chas Freeman resigns - by Myra Bronstein - 15-03-2009, 11:06 PM