Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran Calls Video Games Part Of CIA Plot

Iran Calls Video Games Part Of CIA Plot

Posted by Good German on January 25, 2012
[Image: Iran-CIA-spy-300x200.jpg]
Amir Mirzaei Hekmati
Robert Mackey writes for the New York Times:
According to Iranian state television, a former United States marine who was convicted of spying on Iranand sentenced to death on Monday was also involved in a nefarious plot to brainwash the youth of the Middle East using an unlikely tool: video games.
In a video report broadcast last month, Amir Mirzaei Hekmati, the former marine of Iranian descent who was arrested during a visit to Tehran in August, allegedly confessed to a career in American intelligence that included a stint at a video game company in New York that was "a cover for the C.I.A."
According to an English translation of the report published by The Tehran Times, an Iranian state-run newspaper, about one-third of the way through the report, Mr. Hekmati said he had worked for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or Darpa, after he left the Marine Corps in 2005. Then, according to the newspaper's somewhat oddly worded translation, Mr. Hekmati said in Persian:
After Darpa, I was recruited by Kuma Games Company, a computer games company which received money from C.I.A. to design and make special films and computer games to change the public opinion's mindset in the Middle East and distribute them among Middle East residents free of charge. The goal of Kuma Games was to convince the people of the world and Iraq that what the U.S. does in Iraq and other countries is good and acceptable.
He reportedly added: "The head of Kuma called me and said, I have received your resume from Darpa, and we have a program in which you can help us.' " Kuma, Mr. Hekmati explained, "was also a cover for the C.I.A. and only the chief of company knows that you're working with the agency."*
(After the verdict against Mr. Hekmati was reported on Monday, his family, along with the White House and the State Department, flatly denied that he was a spy.)…
Read more here.
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"

Messages In This Thread
Iran Calls Video Games Part Of CIA Plot - by Ed Jewett - 26-01-2012, 05:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US State Department lied about the Iran Nuclear Deal Drew Phipps 4 5,128 04-06-2016, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Cameron attacks neocons over Iran negotiations David Guyatt 0 3,353 19-01-2015, 01:18 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Leaders not part of the crowd. Amazing what a camera angle can do. Magda Hassan 2 3,309 12-01-2015, 01:19 PM
  Pentagon Papers panel hosted by Amy Goodwin aired on PAX-TV, link to video Drew Phipps 3 3,922 28-12-2014, 02:56 PM
  FOX Affiliate Caught Editing Video of Protest Chant: Faked Protesters Saying “Go Kill A Cop!” Magda Hassan 2 3,605 25-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Doug Fisher
  Interesting Video - Psychology of Power - Rule From The Shadows Peter Lemkin 9 4,592 15-01-2014, 06:12 PM
  So Much For Separation Of Church And State - Another Part Of Constitution Trashed Peter Lemkin 9 5,880 13-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  CBS News affiliate calls 2012 presidential race for Barack Obama weeks ahead of election Magda Hassan 0 2,593 23-10-2012, 10:42 AM
  (Video) "Perfect Storm of Internet Censorship" - The Corbett Report Ed Jewett 0 2,734 12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  British Plot to oust Afghan president Magda Hassan 0 2,589 31-08-2011, 01:10 PM