Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Wrong: Straight Facts on the Country's Most Controversial Cover-Ups
Vince Palamara's reviews are worthless.

Vince tells us yet again that he has "read literally thousands of books through the years." These books include Posner's Case Closed, which shook Vince's conspiracy convictions to the core, and Bugliosi's Reclaiming History, which persuaded Vince that LHO acted alone after all.

A position which he softened when the research community he had betrayed took up arms against him.

How did Bugliosi wring a fawning review out of Vince? Simply by stroking his massive ego. In correspondence dated July 14, 2007, Bugliosi wrote this to Palamara:

"I want you to know that I am very impressed with your research abilities and the enormous amount of work you put into your investigation of the Secret Service regarding the assassination. You are, unquestionably, the main authority on the Secret Service with regard to the assassination. I agree with you that they did not do a good job protecting the president (e.g. see p. 1443 of my book)..."

The intended result? As Vince admits, "After being a fervent believer [!] in a conspiracy in President John F. Kennedy's death (from about the age of 12 to 41!), the Spring of 2007 yielded the Oswald-did-it-alone masterpiece "Reclaiming History" by the highly respected author and former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi that, quite literally, made my world upside down and had me reassess everything I knew (or thought I knew) about JFK's murder. Result? While I still believed there were multiple conspiracies (plural) to kill Kennedy, and that (speaking as the leading civilian Secret Service authority) the Secret Service was grossly negligent on 11/22/63 in Dallas, at the end of the day, Oswald beat everyone to the punch, so to speak; for all intents and purposes, that solved it for me, albeit with a great deal of discomfort."

Vince aided and abetted the cover-up by championing Bugliosi's version of it. Why? Because to praise Palamara Almighty is to OWN Palamara Almighty.

Bugliosi knew it, and he played Vince like a guitar.

Of course, Vince "General Sherman" Palamara recanted -- sort of -- his Bugliosi endorsement when Doug Horne's five-volume masterpiece saw the light of day.

Vince hastens to add that he's "an accomplished author and researcher on my own terms." Which has what, exactly, to do with the merits of Dead Wrong?

Vince's Secret Service work is invaluable. Beyond that, he over and over again demonstrates himself to be a shameless, ego-driven self-promoter who, if you blow in his ear, will follow you anywhere.

Caveat emptor.

As for Dead Wrong: I've yet to read it, so I'll reserve judgment. But I do feel confident to note that I'd be far more excited about the book if its authors weren't indicting for deep political crimes "the government" -- which is as simple-minded and counter-productive as indicting "the" CIA, "the" FBI, "the" Mafia" ...

And just how, dear scribes, do you define "the government?"

Messages In This Thread
Dead Wrong: Straight Facts on the Country's Most Controversial Cover-Ups - by Charles Drago - 17-08-2012, 08:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GABRIEL GARCIA MARQUEZ dead - one of the greatest writers of the modern era. Peter Lemkin 5 9,082 18-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Tosh's new book out soon 'Deep Cover Shallow Graves' Magda Hassan 12 25,158 09-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Postmodern Imperialism: Geopolitics And The Great Games (Might Makes Wrong) Ed Jewett 0 3,033 05-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  ''dead men talking '' Bernice Moore 0 3,027 27-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore