Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CIA and the media
Look at the VERY important book by Janney called Mary's Mosaic [about Mary Pinchot Meyer's assassination for the truth she knew of JFK assassination and was about to speak out on....] for even more evidence of CIA control of the media.... It is all pervasive - all invasive. Ben Bradlee [The executive editor of The Washington Post from 1965 to 1991] was CIA all the way.....and not only wrote what they desired, but played a real active part in the events and cover-up of MPM's murder!

Quote:Ben Bradlee, the making of a CIA asset: interview w/ Deborah Davis
Subsequent to my book being shredded in 1979, early 1980, I got some documents through the Freedom of Information Act and they revealed that Bradlee had been the person who was running an entire propaganda operation against Julius and Ethyl Rosenberg that covered forty countries on four continents. He always claimed that he had been a low level press flack in the embassy in Paris, just a press flack, nothing more. Julius and Ethyl Rosenberg had already been convicted of being atomic spies and they were on death row waiting to be executed. And the purpose of Bradlee's propaganda operation was to convince the Europeans that they really were spies, they really had given the secret of the atomic bomb to the Russians and therefore they did deserve to be put to death.

The Europeans, having just very few years before defeated Hitler, were very concerned that the United States was going fascist the way their countries had. And this was a very real fear to the Europeans. They saw the same thing happening in the United States that had happened in their own countries. And so Bradlee used the Rosenberg case to say, "No this isn't what you think it is. These people really did this bad thing and they really do deserve to die. It doesn't mean that the United States is becoming fascist." So he had a very key role in creating European public opinion and it was very, very important. This was the key issue that was going to determine how the Europeans felt about the United States.

Some of the documents that I had showed him writing letters to the prosecutors of the Rosenbergs saying "I'm working for the head of the CIA in Paris and he wants me to come and look at your files." And this kind of thing. So in the second edition, which came out in 1987, I reprinted those documents, the actual documents, the readers can see them and it's got his signature and it's very, very interesting. He subsequently has said nothing about it at all. He won't talk about it all. He won't answer any questions about it. So I guess the point about Bradlee is that he went from this job to being European bureau chief for Newsweek magazine and to the executive editorship of the Post. So this is how he got where he is. It's very clear line of succession. Philip Graham was Katharine Graham's husband, who ran the Post in the '50s and he committed suicide in 1963. That's when Katharine Graham took over. Bradlee was close friends with Allen Dulles and Phil Graham. The paper wasn't doing very well for a while and he was looking for a way to pay foreign correspondents and Allen Dulles was looking for a cover. Allen Dulles was head of the CIA back then and he was looking for a cover for some of his operatives so that they could get in and out of places without arousing suspicion. So the two of them hit on a plan: Allen Dulles would pay for the reporters and they would give the CIA the information that they found as well as give it to the Post. So he helped to develop this operation and it subsequently spread to other newspapers and magazines. And it was called Operation Mockingbird. This operation, I believe, was revealed for the first time in my book....
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Messages In This Thread
CIA and the media - by Jan Klimkowski - 18-02-2013, 08:23 PM
CIA and the media - by Peter Lemkin - 18-02-2013, 08:50 PM
CIA and the media - by Jan Klimkowski - 18-02-2013, 08:53 PM
CIA and the media - by Magda Hassan - 19-02-2013, 04:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Pilger on the "complicit enablers" of war in the media David Guyatt 2 10,867 18-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Last Post: James Lewis
  Deep State, Deep Politics & The Deeply Compliant Media David Guyatt 2 14,263 12-03-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  The Chilling Hypocrisy of the NYT's and the US Media David Guyatt 1 10,987 12-02-2017, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Media coverage of events in Syria. Magda Hassan 32 48,124 20-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Why the Mainstream Media is Freaking Out David Guyatt 0 5,844 14-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  War by media and the triumph of propaganda - John Pilger Peter Lemkin 7 5,766 07-12-2014, 04:47 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Great Film About The American Propaganda-Media-National Security-Corporate Complex Peter Lemkin 2 5,271 15-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  American Militarism and Anti-Militarism in Popular Media, 1945-1970 Tracy Riddle 0 2,558 03-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  How the media conned the public into loving the FBI Tracy Riddle 0 2,101 27-05-2014, 01:20 AM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Chris Hedges On The Current Media War and a few other things..... Peter Lemkin 2 5,718 03-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin