Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley Manning and SF Gay Pride: I dont always agree with Justin Raimondo but when I do: I post
[video=vimeo;61291081]http://vimeo.com/61291081#[/video]

Bradley Manning (and Assange) had a good presence at the recent Sydney G&L Mardis Gras.

However, the Sydney Mardi Gras is a multi million dollar corporate even now and far from its original roots as a political act of resistance against bigotry and hate. The board most years is very conservative and beholden to various political and corporate interests. And it shows.

In the US there seems to be this strange cult of the military. It is really hard for outsiders to understand it and look bizarre when people expressing such beliefs are shown on tv to us. That it must be supported at all costs regarless of its legality or morality. Blind obedience. And military service men and women are regarded as some greater human than other more productive workers like firemen or nurses or street sweepers. They are pushing the same line here with the cult of ANZAC they are busy manufacturing but it is still nowhere like that here.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
Bradley Manning and SF Gay Pride: I dont always agree with Justin Raimondo but when I do: I post - by Magda Hassan - 29-04-2013, 02:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washington Post Amazon CIA Axis Albert Doyle 1 2,696 18-12-2013, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  AOL to Buy Huffington Post for $315 Million Keith Millea 8 5,293 12-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski