Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Luis Colosio assassinated in Tijuana MX March 23, 93
Tosh Plumlee Wrote:note: Posted with verbal and written permission from "CTKA"
May 04,20009

--------------------

".... From the January-February 2000 issue (Vol. 7 No. 2)

The Colosio Assassination: Chronology of Events Surrounding the Assassination of Luis Colosio, 23 March 1994
By Alex Cox

ABURTO says it was not "mere coincidence" that COLOSIO and RUIZ MASSIEU were killed within six months of each other. "There are people in the upper echelons of government who want the public to believe I’m the only assassin... The government doesn’t want this case to escalate, because its party [the PRI] would be the one most damaged and they could lose the elections." The government, he claims, has three goals: "First, to convince everyone that I’m the only shooter; second, to claim that I’m crazy; and third, to assassinate me... and say I killed myself. That way everyone can forget about the COLOSIO case." (Michelle Chi Chase, Mexico City News, 21 Aug 1996)
RUBEN ABURTO, father of MARIO, shares his son’s fears that he will fall victim to a "suicide."

Anyone know the Mexican for “Ace Security”?

Quote:“At the outset, the government had portrayed Colosio’s assassination…as the lone act of a crazed gunman. Mario Aburto Martinez, 23, having confessed, insists he acted alone. Close analysis of the videotape, photos and statements from witnesses now suggests, however, that six locally hired bodyguards appeared to form a pincer movement around Colosio, preventing his secret service agents from protecting him, and allowing Aburto to move in and shoot him.

Four of the six bodyguards were arrested last week. Another 20 men were being questioned by investigators. All are said to be members of ‘Tucan’ – codename for a local security detail organised by federal authorities to protect PRI politicians.”

Christine Toomey, “Murder video throws Mexico into turmoil,” Sunday Times, 10 April 1994, p.23

Messages In This Thread
Luis Colosio assassinated in Tijuana MX March 23, 93 - by Paul Rigby - 06-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aggressive Marijuana Growers Busts in San Luis Obispo, California - Big Drug Importers Not Touched Peter Lemkin 3 6,908 06-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin