Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance
Lauren Johnson Wrote:Scott Creighton just calls the whole thing a psyop and calls Snowden a "manufactured hero":
Quote:Glenn Greenwald's secret whistle-blower has exposed himself for reasons yet unknown. Well, I'll tell you one of the reasons, they got sick of Greenwald doing all those interviews, now they got "their guy" front and center to take the spotlight off Glenn.
His name is Edward Snowden and by his own account he is a very high-paid employee of NSA contractor Booz Allen Hamilton. He's been with them for at least 4 years working at the NSA facility in Hawaii.
According to a Guardian article which revealed his name, the guy is now hiding out in Hong Kong, which he readily offers up himself, in a "nice" hotel, sitting in his room with some kind of blanket hood over his head and laptop.
http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2013/06/...more-25587
His argument is not strong; lots of speculation. But it should be considered. My suspicions are that he is on to something.
No it is not strong at all. Extremely weak in fact. Yes, we all knew much of this in general but not the specifics. Not the paper trail. The hard evidence. I don't know where he thinks leaks are going to come from except from inside the beast. Others on the outside don't have access to them. And Scott Creighton also thinks those that go into the beast like Anonymous are suspect. And rightly so because the nature of Anonymous is any thing we want it to be and for sure it is used by the intel agencies but it is also used by anonymous principled ordinary humans. There are logical if risky reasons why Snowdon chose Hong Kong as a place to do the leaking. Extradition treaties for one. Protection for political refugees for another. More spacious than an embassy in London but still pretty cramped and any where in HK, even the farthest corner, will be just down the road from a CIA station because it is the size of a postage stamp. For that matter I would say almost any where in the world is down the road from a CIA station except for a few remote places. He is in the territory of a competitor to US dominance and that offers some protection and if he is allowed to stay, and I think he will, he can get some sort of work there to support himself. As for the timing right now well I am sure Snowdon has his reasons and it certainly would have been premature to do so in Switzerland and certainly not first day on the job when one hasn't even seen very much of any thing. The fact that there may be other things happening I don't see any particular link. Yes the shit is going to hit the fan economics wise but any one who has read their Marx would have been, and has been, saying that for more than 150 years. Not news at all. Just a matter of how and when and to what extent. Not if. Have plan B, C, D, and the rest of them ready. Until I see real evidence of why I should not I will support Edward Snowdon for his brave step in exposing the monstrous Owellian fascist wet dream human rights eating monster which is the NSA and MIC.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance - by Magda Hassan - 10-06-2013, 05:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumbo : how the CIA blind surveillance cameras Magda Hassan 0 34,160 14-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  HR 658 Authorizes 30.000 surveillance drones over the USA - to be increased! Peter Lemkin 8 17,824 31-01-2017, 02:50 AM
  AP Sues US Gov’t over Fake FBI News Article Booby Trapped with Surveillance Virus Magda Hassan 0 5,927 06-12-2015, 02:39 PM
  Panopticon of global surveillance Magda Hassan 179 77,651 14-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  'Five Eyes' surveillance pact should be published, Strasbourg court told Magda Hassan 1 4,093 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Defensive Shift - Turning the Tables on Surveillance Magda Hassan 0 3,701 26-08-2014, 03:14 PM
  Israeli Intelligence Eavesdropped on Kerry’s Phone During Palestine-Israel Peace Talks Magda Hassan 3 5,394 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ministers to pass law tracking mollie phone David Guyatt 0 3,264 07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Surveillance Capitalism Magda Hassan 0 3,232 05-07-2014, 02:44 AM
  Biggest anti-mass surveillance event in the U.K. Magda Hassan 2 6,330 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM