Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance
This government IP address: 156.33.241.5 has been banned from Wikipedia for vandalizing the Edward Snowden page and labeling him a "traitor". It traces back to the US senate
[URL="http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/156.33.241.5"]http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/156.33.241.5

[/URL]
Quote:

User talk:156.33.241.5

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
[TABLE="class: plainlinks tmbox tmbox-notice"]
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-empty-cell"][/TD]
[TD="class: mbox-text"] [Image: 75px-Gov_IP.svg.png]
Government IP address This IP address, 156.33.241.5, is registered to United States Senate and may be shared by multiple users of a government agency or facility. If the agency or facility uses proxy servers, this IP address may represent many users at many personal computers or devices.
For this reason, a message intended for one user may be received by another, and a block intended for disruptive users may also affect innocent users. If you are editing from this address and are frustrated by irrelevant messages, you can avoid them by creating an account for yourself. Sometimes, in response to vandalism, you may be temporarily unable to create an account.
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-image"][Image: 25px-Stop_x_nuvola.svg.png][/TD]
[TD="class: mbox-text"]In response to vandalism from this IP address, anonymous editing may be disabled. If you are an unregistered user operating from this address, note that it may be possible for your agency or facility's administration to determine who was making contributions from this address at any given time and abuse reports may be sent to its network administrator for further investigation.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Review contributions carefully if blocking this IP or reverting its contributions. If a block is needed, administrators should consider a soft block using Template:Anonblock.
[TR]
[TD="class: mbox-image"][Image: 20px-Imbox_notice.png][/TD]
[TD="class: mbox-text"]Some government IP addresses are considered sensitive. If blocking this IP address, determine if Wikipedia:SIP applies; if so, follow directions.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[Image: 16px-Feed-icon.svg.png] Officials and network administrators, to monitor this IP address for vandalism, can subscribe to a web feed of this page in either RSS or Atom format.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

August 2013

[Image: 25px-Information.svg.png] Hello, I'm Ginsuloft. Wikipedia is written by people who have a wide diversity of opinions, but we try hard to make sure articles have a neutral point of view. Your recent edit to Edward Snowden seemed less than neutral to me, so I removed it for now. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page. Thank you. Ginsuloft (talk) 20:54, 2 August 2013 (UTC)
Might want to look a bit closer:
NetRange: 156.33.0.0 - 156.33.255.255 CIDR: 156.33.0.0/16 OriginAS: AS3495 NetName: USSAA OrgName: United States Senate OrgId: USSAA Address: 2 MASSACHUSETTS AVENUE, N.E. 6TH FLOOR City: WASHINGTON DC StateProv: DC PostalCode: 20510 Country: US I guess we know who's paying him.Amitabho Chattopadhyay (talk) 01:24, 3 August 2013 (UTC) That's an assumption of bad faith. People sometimes edit in their personal capacity from a work computer. The real issue is that the edit violates WP:NPOV. Jehochman [SUP]Talk[/SUP] 15:48, 3 August 2013 (UTC) The following is a personal opinion based on my own ideas of what is true: A prime example of Government entities trying to influence the thoughts and opinions of their own citizens and others through any means necessary. Wake up United States Senate, people are learning the truth for themselves no matter how hard you try to sweep it under the rug. Not only that, but the mere fact that you are trying so desperately to discredit Edward Snowden only shows how deep your web of internet surveillance runs. If your ultimate goal is and truly was to protect American citizens, wouldn't you be spending more of your time and resources defending yourselves rather than using it to sling mud at a so called "traitor"? GoldenWolfMuse (talk) 10:00, 3 August 2013 (UTC)
As an experienced wikipedian and a site administrator, I can tell you that such things have happened in the past, and all they accomplished was to embarrass the person or persons behind the edits. If that was your goal, keep it up. If it was not, I suggest you find a better use for your time. See U.S. Congressional staff edits to Wikipedia for more information on past incidents of this nature. Beeblebrox (talk) 15:40, 3 August 2013 (UTC)Good lord, is the US government even trying to be subtle here? --Veyneru (talk) 17:34, 3 August 2013 (UTC) "We the people", huh?
--Rubicon88 (talk) 01:14, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
For the record, the constitutional definition of treason is very specific, and it does not include whistleblowing. Snowden let the American public know about literally BILLIONS of counts of illegal wiretapping perpetrated against them by the criminals in the NSA. Snowden is not only an innocent man, he is a hero who has made great personal sacrifices for our liberty. If you have a problem with that, then you need to read the constitution and your oath of office a few more times. 98.248.220.168 (talk) 08:26, 4 August 2013 (UTC)
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance - by Magda Hassan - 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumbo : how the CIA blind surveillance cameras Magda Hassan 0 34,160 14-08-2017, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  HR 658 Authorizes 30.000 surveillance drones over the USA - to be increased! Peter Lemkin 8 17,824 31-01-2017, 02:50 AM
  AP Sues US Gov’t over Fake FBI News Article Booby Trapped with Surveillance Virus Magda Hassan 0 5,927 06-12-2015, 02:39 PM
  Panopticon of global surveillance Magda Hassan 179 77,651 14-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  'Five Eyes' surveillance pact should be published, Strasbourg court told Magda Hassan 1 4,093 09-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Defensive Shift - Turning the Tables on Surveillance Magda Hassan 0 3,701 26-08-2014, 03:14 PM
  Israeli Intelligence Eavesdropped on Kerry’s Phone During Palestine-Israel Peace Talks Magda Hassan 3 5,394 07-08-2014, 06:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Ministers to pass law tracking mollie phone David Guyatt 0 3,264 07-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Surveillance Capitalism Magda Hassan 0 3,232 05-07-2014, 02:44 AM
  Biggest anti-mass surveillance event in the U.K. Magda Hassan 2 6,330 12-06-2014, 10:05 AM