Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counting Pixels in the Zapruder film.
Overall conclusions:

a) The average speed of the limousine is decreasing from frame 277 onward, because the fastest moving background bystanders are Brehm and his kid. Brehm is stationary, but appears to be shifting his weight from his right leg to his left leg, which should slow down his relative speed, but his movement is still faster than subsequent bystanders.

I would expect the apparent speed of a limo (at constant road speed) to increase as its movement becomes perpendicular to the camera. But that isn't what happens. With respect to the bystanders, the limo is moving no faster than 81% of its original velocity (at frame 277) when it reaches the middle of my test segment (Frame 310) and does not regain that original velocity until after frame 344 (where my reference point passes out of frame)

b) In all likelihood, the "white blur" is not moving with respect to the background individuals. At most it is "drifting" against the wind (which I understand was blowing mostly from right to left in the Zapruder film) just a tiny bit (2 pixels per frame at most), which is well under the margin of error for such measuring. This suggests that it is a fixed point on the ground (which somehow changes shape) or possibly, a hovering insect. (See Frame 324-325 above) It never displays any rising or falling motion relative to the limo, which you might expect if it was some freefalling remnant of a gunshot.

c) If you think that the bystanders were part of a background that was added in as a whole piece to the images of the limo, you can find the bystanders anomalously moving as a group (with respect to the limousine) in Frame 283, 296, and 333.

d) If you think that individual bystanders were cut and pasted into the background you will find evidence of that at Frames 282, 304, 308, 324, and 342

e) There are other anomalies in the background movement with respect to the limo at frames 312, 313, 324, and 325; but there are no other background images whose movement can be compared to the anomalies I noted above.

Final Conclusion: There are certainly anomalous visual images on the Zapruder film. I personally did not expect to find quite so much anomalous movement. Although "proof" in my mind would require some sort of camera or film expert to eliminate other camera causes, and image distortions, I am prepared to conceed the possibility that the Zapruder film has been altered substantially, in some way other than mere deletions of unwanted frames.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Messages In This Thread
Counting Pixels in the Zapruder film. - by Drew Phipps - 12-09-2014, 08:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DARNELL film Original Richard Gilbride 3 162 20-09-2024, 04:32 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Sarah Stanton (i.e. PrayerMan) in Dan Owens film Richard Gilbride 7 2,050 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Manipulation of TOWNER film David Josephs 0 2,249 26-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  Nov. 22 radio interviews with me and Alexandra Zapruder Joseph McBride 21 20,144 11-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  Did Dillard film American-born LEE Oswald on sixth floor? Jim Hargrove 9 9,389 12-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Jeff Carter: Part 2 of his Review of Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 0 2,541 23-03-2017, 05:45 PM
  Jeff Carter Reviews "26 Seconds" by Alexandra Zapruder Jim DiEugenio 2 3,262 19-02-2017, 10:17 PM
  Write Amazon reviews of new Zapruder Book. NOW! It is selling Nathaniel Heidenheimer 3 3,841 25-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  New JFK Film Peter Lemkin 4 5,907 12-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Zapruder grandson named poetry editor of NY Times Joseph McBride 0 2,406 13-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride