Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was the Followup Car Blocking a Shot at Z313?
Tracy's nice color picture reminds me that the chase cars were not modeled on the street in their correct position after "shot 1" (I am not trying to start a discussion on whether this was shot 1). I cannot guess at what distance the chase car was from the limo at the time of the headshot. If we are going to get an answer to the original question we need to have some ballpark estimate of the separation between limo and chase car at the time of the headshot.

I previously said before that 23 feet of separation would be sufficient to make the shot at the angle ascribed to z313 without hitting the higher SS guy in the chase car. Based on the model there (at position 1), the chase car was quite close indeed, less than a car length. IF the chase car maintained that close of a distance, there might be an issue. However, the closer the chase car is, the less elevation change there would be between cars, making the slope of the road less important. The further away the chase car, the more need to account for the slope of the road, but that means there is also more room for the shot to clear above the SS guy.

Maybe the reason the guys that built the model didn't include the chase cars in position at "shot 2" and "shot 3" was because the string got uncomfortably close. It's also a bit odd that, while the string is attached to the model of the limo in roughly the correct position at shot 1, the string is attached to the wrong side of the limo model for the subsequent string lines.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."

Messages In This Thread
Was the Followup Car Blocking a Shot at Z313? - by Drew Phipps - 09-02-2015, 09:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part V/Conclusion Gil Jesus 0 193 05-03-2024, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part IV / The X-Rays Gil Jesus 0 122 02-03-2024, 02:16 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --Part III: The Autopsy Photos Gil Jesus 0 140 27-02-2024, 01:40 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part II / The Exit Wound Gil Jesus 0 195 14-02-2024, 01:31 PM
  Evidence of a Frontal Shot --- Part I / The Entry Wound Gil Jesus 0 195 06-02-2024, 02:32 PM
  Oswald and the Shot at Walker Jim DiEugenio 1 589 24-03-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Jack Ruby - What the FBI knew after he shot Oswald James Lewis 4 14,268 15-06-2018, 01:40 PM
Last Post: James Lewis
  CIA Christmas for Washington Post and Tom Hanks: Double Shot of Propaganda aimed at Achilles Nathaniel Heidenheimer 13 8,750 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Anthony Thorne
  Jim Marrs & Mike Baker: PROVE THE GRASSY KNOLL SHOT! Travel Channel: America Declassified Anthony DeFiore 47 26,078 13-04-2017, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  AOL story "Clint Hill clearly hears the third shot" taken off line within 1 hour. Drew Phipps 0 2,057 25-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps