Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams...
With respect Cliff, it was more than enough to keep many of us off the EF. Here we are.

There was no balance with regard to some moderators like Evan Burton, Andy Walker etc., who clearly favoured Colby and who engaged in so many tricks - probably invisible to all but those directly involved in the various discussion threads - to sabotage contrary arguments. These included thread shifting, thread merging - both at critical points - plus one-sided deletions, thread locking and so on. It seemed that anything and everything that could be used to disrupt a thread was used. On the other side, lies and deceits were common place. As I said earlier truth became a distant and subjective thing.

How come that for years after everyone else on the EF had to use a genuine picture of themselves or be banned, that Len was able to use a fake picture of a black man, which clearly was a serious misrepresentation? I had a reason to use a facsimile and one John Simkin knew about and approved of. Colby did not.

Personally, I don't really buy into the "punk" argument either (at least based on my understanding of "punk"), because Colby was all about fighting anyone who disagreed with the official version of deep political events. I don't ever recall him ever once pursuing a subject from a non establishment point of view. Pro establishment attitudes are pretty unusual for the rock music industry in general and very strange for the punk culture, I think.

Besides all this, Jan had Len nailed down on his association with the James Randi False Memory Syndrome outfit (I forget all the details now - it was a long time ago) which was, as you may know, a CIA creature.

Things got so one sided and distorted that ultimately some of us got together and founded DPF as an alternative forum - a safe harbour if you will, where discussions could be held without fear or favour --- and where all those thread sabotaging tricks of the EF are absent.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Messages In This Thread
The Lies of Colby: New Spartacus? McAdams... - by David Guyatt - 12-02-2015, 10:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES- podcast Richard Gilbride 1 308 22-02-2024, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  ELEVATORS TELL NO LIES Richard Gilbride 1 441 29-09-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Richard Gilbride
  Gil Jesus Backs FBI Lies Against Important Witness Carolyn Arnold Brian Doyle 0 479 20-06-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  McAdams gets new life Tom Bowden 3 16,279 11-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  McAdams loses Round Two Jim DiEugenio 5 7,846 19-08-2017, 09:26 AM
  John McAdams and Marquette go to Court Jim DiEugenio 0 1,784 21-09-2016, 02:50 PM
  NEW RFK bio MUST have more Truthful Amazon reviews. THESE DO MATTER!!!! (Most lies aboutJFK) Nathaniel Heidenheimer 5 4,793 17-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  FBI Lies..... Jim Hargrove 11 7,738 07-02-2016, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Nolan
  McAdams, JFK Facts, and "Moderation" Jim DiEugenio 67 21,421 03-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  The Fiasco of Spartacus Jim DiEugenio 103 25,885 19-07-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Albert Doyle