Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Friedman and Stratfor
David Guyatt Wrote:There is another long Youtube clip of him predicting the future of the European Union (presented in Poland) where he says that Poland and Turkey will become major European powers in the future. Based on his previous presentations where he explained, for example, that the US made Korea an economic power by the transfer of technology and capital, because it suited the US to have a strong Korea in the region, then I take his predictions about Turkey and Poland to imply the same sort of backing.
Except Turkey, like Iceland, has recently withdrawn from wanting to even be in the EU. Now that membership is shown to be a major liability. Wonder when they will leave NATO. Except NATO pays them tons of $ to have their bases there.

David Guyatt Wrote:Then we have recently seen the British causing apoplexy in Washington by joining the Chinese AIIB, quickly followed by France, Germany and Italy and quite possibly Australia and Switzerland. The US meanwhile had been lobbying hard for Britain and G7 to act in concert over the AIIB - meaning meekly following the US lead on it. The US has also been lobbying hard in Canberra to ensure that Australia stays out of the AIIB, and it will be interesting, indeed, if Oz snubs that pressure and joins too.
This indeed seems to be really panicking the US. They are trying to put the pressure on the everyone to do what the US wants but most are just signing up to the Chinese bank regardless. Australia's national security committee has given it the green light but cabinet has to approve it on Monday. It will be interesting given their traditional US lapdog role but also fetish for obeying national security talking heads. I suspect they will sign up. China is our biggest trading partner. And we don't have the same history with China that Japan does. And indeed have some of the same history with Japan that China has. The weakest party seems the be Japan. And I'm sure the US is turning the screws quite hard on them too.

David Guyatt Wrote:This all suggests quite strongly to me, that a major shift in power is taking place. There is going to be an entirely different world developing in the 21st century and I doubt the US will be able to maintain its dominance as it has expected and planned to do.
Bring it on! Nothing but death and chaos with US Inc.

David Guyatt Wrote:What has driven this shift remains unclear - at least to me - but I get the sense that de facto announcement at the NATO summit in 2008 by Dubya, shifting emphasis from old Europe to new Europe spelled the slow end of the NATO alliance. And western Europe is responding accordingly. And the UK is shifting its priorities according to its trading patterns, namely Europe and the far east.

All those blinged up grunts that hitched their wagon to the NATO steamroller are probably having deep regrets now. Like Breedlove. And explains his recent major dummy spit which so upset Merkel. But really it is no surprise since the US has been so odious to deal with that others have created alternatives that leave them out of the picture.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Messages In This Thread
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 17-03-2015, 04:12 PM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by Lauren Johnson - 17-03-2015, 06:04 PM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by Drew Phipps - 17-03-2015, 07:07 PM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by Paul Rigby - 18-03-2015, 09:40 PM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 19-03-2015, 09:47 AM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 19-03-2015, 10:06 AM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by Lauren Johnson - 19-03-2015, 04:14 PM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 20-03-2015, 09:29 AM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 20-03-2015, 04:50 PM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by Magda Hassan - 21-03-2015, 05:05 AM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 21-03-2015, 10:15 AM
George Friedman and Stratfor - by David Guyatt - 11-04-2015, 11:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There Will Be No Boots On the Ground - George Orwell... David Guyatt 9 15,789 30-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Michael Barwell
  George Seldes books and newsletters Tracy Riddle 0 4,095 04-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Information Warfare by George Stein (Air Power Journal, Spring 1995) Paul Rigby 5 4,712 05-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt