Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watergate revisionism
Richard Raznikov's 9-part series on Watergate:

http://lookingglass.blog.co.uk/2007/07/2...o~2683809/

In this and subsequent postings, I'm suggesting a re-examinination of the Watergate story. I'm offering details you may not remember or may not have heard of. And these details, all of them documented, if examined with an open mind and a neutral disposition, ought to be enough to thoroughly explode the comforting, fairytale beliefs which are taken to be historical truth in America.

A lecture on the various alternative theories about Watergate:

Nice piece on connecting the dots of Watergate. It's stuff I have known for decades but a terrific re-review of what really went down.
New stuff re. Butterfield's actual role. Explosive. Given that he was appointed head of the FAA so soon after the obvious murder of Dorothy Hunt, his outing of the taping system during the hearings caused me
great excitement: the hope that that crash would be investigated and that what McCord and Hunt were really doing would be revealed. Alas, that excitement would be short lived.
Two things he left out: In January 1973 Nixon's appointments secty Dwight Chapin exited to join in the crash cover-up at United Airlines. That three key Nixon aids -Krough, Butterfiled and Chapin would move so quickly to positions of power regarding this 12/8/72 plane crash made me believe at the time that Nixon had been responsible for the crash. (Even though it had also become clear by then that McCord and Hunt were trying to get caught, to set Tricky Dick up).
The second thing of import- to my mind- not in this piece is that Colson told Time Magazine that he believd the CIA killed Dorothy Hunt.

So who is responsible for this crash? (In a strange irony in 1974 I would meet a high level reporter from CBS who informed me that that CBS had done its own internal investigation and had determined that their own Michele Clark had not been murdered. That the crash was indeed an accident. "Ya sure", I told him. )

I wish he would turn this into a book. He's gone down all the correct trails. Avoiding the foolish story of the prostitute ring as the reason for Watergate. I do not disbelieve that there was such a ring and that
Dean's lovely wife was involved, but as an explantion for the complexities of Watergate? Not a chance.

The connections betwen Dallas and Watergate can never be explored enough.

Again, thanks Tracy for posting this essay. Your finds are much welcomed.

Dawn
Yet it's what's not in the approximately 950 pages ordered released by a federal judge that's really interesting, according to Watergate scholars who have never accepted the standard version of events.

It's a name: Larry O'Brien.

Chairman of the Democratic National Committee in 1972, O'Brien has long been said to be the target of the Nixon White House "plumbers," the off-the-books squad of political dirty-tricksters, break-in artists and wiretappers arrested in the Watergate office building on June 17, 1972.

But O'Brien's name is not on the list of bugging targets released Monday by the National Archives and Records Administration, on order of Chief Judge Royce Lamberth of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. And that throws a wrench into generally accepted answer to the affair's central question: What were the burglars doing in the Watergate?

http://www.andmagazine.com/content/phoenix/13124.html
More on Watergate here:

Special Report: Watergate - the untold story - by Carl Bernstein & Bob Woodward

Charles Drago Wrote:
Jan Klimkowski Wrote:"Deep Throat" is a perfect example of the form plot device meets criminal necessity meets psyop and takes on a life and vibrancy all its own.

See that nail? The one just hit on the head?

All of it originates as dramatic construct. The rules of drama apply. Understand this. Deeply.

All of it.

All.

Also here:

Mae Brussell: Fritz Kraemer and Gladio
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Canfield and Weberman's JFK site had a lot of good info on Nixon and Watergate. I'm glad I downloaded and saved the whole site, because it's not up anymore.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Canfield and Weberman's JFK site had a lot of good info on Nixon and Watergate. I'm glad I downloaded and saved the whole site, because it's not up anymore.
Holy Cow! It has too when did that happen? Wonder what this is about?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:Canfield and Weberman's JFK site had a lot of good info on Nixon and Watergate. I'm glad I downloaded and saved the whole site, because it's not up anymore.

Looks like some kind of legal battle. Some of what they wrote was pretty much asking for a libel suit.

http://www.ajweberman.com/
Just found this old interview clip of Spiro Agnew saying he resigned partly because Alexander Haig made veiled threats:

A documentary that came out around the time "Silent Coup" was published. You can find the other parts on YouTube.

Bumping this thread for those interested in Watergate.

Dawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New evidence implicates Jack Anderson in Watergate Anthony Thorne 4 10,707 09-12-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Jon Rappoport on Watergate - Nixon, Rockefeller, IG Farben, and global control R.K. Locke 2 3,435 04-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Watergate.com Kenneth Kapel 2 3,450 27-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Last Post: Kenneth Kapel
  US Judge Orders Nixon's Secret Watergate Testimony Released Keith Millea 1 3,657 31-07-2011, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  What went on in Dallas in the 60's led to what went on at Watergate in the 70's. Linda Minor 0 6,197 28-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Linda Minor
  Allegations regarding "Butch" Merritt, Watergate, Intelligence Agencies and "Crimson Rose Linda Minor 0 4,507 18-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Linda Minor
  Poll--Was Watergate directly related to JFK cover up? Myra Bronstein 10 11,538 31-10-2008, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Myra Bronstein