Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Documentary on Clinton witnesses
Alan posted this on the JFK Essentials forum. It's an unfinished documentary by Richard Cohen on the Louisiana voter registration drive in 1963 and the people who saw Oswald there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyiG2McJTA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVj3OCr6ziw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMPyc1J1hKU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E85A8ta8aZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEGkKfw59ow
Video III has voter registration manager Earl Palmer saying Oswald gave a Camp Street address.

The woman at the end positively ID's Ferrie by describing his funny reddish eyebrows that had something wrong with them. Bingo.
Saw these videos a couple days back. It was great to actually see the Clinton/Jackson people talking. No sensible person can watch these interviews and believe the Lambert/Reitzes KKK conspiracy bullshit.
In #5, Dr. Weiss doesn't mention any dates or times. We know Rose Cheramie was admitted on 20 November, 1963. But what date was the doc's conversation with her?

I've never been able to make sense of the whole Clinton, Louisiana episode. What was the objective? How did getting Oswald a job there further the plot? Was the objective to eventually have him commited? That would strengthen LHO's 'lunatic' credentials I suppose. But it doesn't seem necessary. Also, why was it necessary for Clay Shaw to be there?

Nonetheless, I find the Rose Cheramie/Francis Fruge pre-assassination assertions very credible. Fruge was was a credible witness with no axe to grind. Why would he lie about it? I think Rose Cheramie really knew in advance about the assassination.
Marc Ellis Wrote:What was the objective? How did getting Oswald a job there further the plot? Was the objective to eventually have him commited? That would strengthen LHO's 'lunatic' credentials I suppose. But it doesn't seem necessary. Also, why was it necessary for Clay Shaw to be there?

No need for it to have a direct meaning for the JFK operation. The Oswald legend may have had many uses and needs many facets depending on requirements. Not all will be needed but the background has to be created. It may not have been strictly about Oswald either. It could have been for any of the people there like Shaw and/or Ferrie. Bit players in eachother's stories

The whole episode is very curious.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
To understand it, you need to know some civil rights history. CORE (Congress of Racial Equality) was attracting national press attention at the time with voter registration of blacks in the South. Clinton, Louisiana was one of those hotspots. If Oswald was involved in agent provocateur assignments (like trying to discredit the FPCC), this may have been part of that effort. They may have wanted to link CORE with "Castro supporters" like Oswald to "prove" that the civil rights movement was communist-directed. For whatever reason, it didn't go very far before Oswald was sent back to Dallas. I don't know why Clay Shaw would be there.

The three civil rights workers murdered in Mississippi in 1964 belonged to CORE. When they disappeared, the local authorities said, "This is all a hoax. Those boys are probably hiding out in Cuba."

http://www.crmvet.org/docs/63-64_core_violence.pdf
The anti-CORE stuff might have been done out of Banister's office which was not sympathetic to the MLK cause.

Judyth Baker puts another weird spin on the Clinton visit as a bio-weapon testing plot.

Cheramie is real because she got too much right and ended up dead. DiEugenio covers it in 'Destiny Betrayed'. Cheramie is as real as the Clinton witnessing.

There's enough here for an official review of the Jim Garrison trial and public admission that it was illegally interfered with.
Albert Doyle Wrote:The anti-CORE stuff might have been done out of Banister's office which was not sympathetic to the MLK cause.

Most of the suspects in the JFK case can be put in that category: Military intelligence, Texas oilmen, Hoover, right-wing Cuban exiles, organized crime. The top leadership of the CIA may have been more liberal on civil rights, but the field operatives were mostly not.

One big exception, oddly enough, was Curtis LeMay, who was supportive of desegregating the military and equal rights for minorities (though he did end up as George Wallace's running-mate in 1968). Life is filled with ironies.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:To understand it, you need to know some civil rights history. CORE (Congress of Racial Equality) was attracting national press attention at the time with voter registration of blacks in the South. Clinton, Louisiana was one of those hotspots. If Oswald was involved in agent provocateur assignments (like trying to discredit the FPCC), this may have been part of that effort. They may have wanted to link CORE with "Castro supporters" like Oswald to "prove" that the civil rights movement was communist-directed. For whatever reason, it didn't go very far before Oswald was sent back to Dallas. I don't know why Clay Shaw would be there.

The three civil rights workers murdered in Mississippi in 1964 belonged to CORE. When they disappeared, the local authorities said, "This is all a hoax. Those boys are probably hiding out in Cuba."

http://www.crmvet.org/docs/63-64_core_violence.pdf

Albert Doyle Wrote:The anti-CORE stuff might have been done out of Banister's office which was not sympathetic to the MLK cause.

Judyth Baker puts another weird spin on the Clinton visit as a bio-weapon testing plot.

Cheramie is real because she got too much right and ended up dead. DiEugenio covers it in 'Destiny Betrayed'. Cheramie is as real as the Clinton witnessing.

There's enough here for an official review of the Jim Garrison trial and public admission that it was illegally interfered with.

This is the first explanation of Clinton episode that has made sense to me. I have been trying to fit it into the JFK assassination plot. But it could have just been a Banister side-project. It is exactly the sort of thing Banister would have been involved in, to use Oswald to infiltrate the Voting Rights' movement and then frame them with a Castro/Soviet connection.

Clay Shaw had the Cadillac. His French Quarter neighbor and friend Ferrie may have simply prevailed on him to drive them up in his Caddy. It's not a long drive from New Orleans.
Marc Ellis Wrote:[quote=Tracy Riddle]
This is the first explanation of Clinton episode that has made sense to me. I have been trying to fit it into the JFK assassination plot. But it could have just been a Banister side-project. It is exactly the sort of thing Banister would have been involved in, to use Oswald to infiltrate the Voting Rights' movement and then frame them with a Castro/Soviet connection.

Clay Shaw had the Cadillac. His French Quarter neighbor and friend Ferrie may have simply prevailed on him to drive them up in his Caddy. It's not a long drive from New Orleans.

A lot of researchers fall into the trap of having to tie every episode in with the plot to kill JFK, but all of these people had other things going on in their lives and other activities that had no direct link to the assassination. Nobody was plotting to kill JFK when Oswald defected to the USSR on behalf of some government agency, for example.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Witnesses who were never called before the Warren Commission Gil Jesus 2 1,790 02-04-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  The welter of witnesses Milo Reech 19 6,194 24-10-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: Milo Reech
  CAPA's Last Living Witnesses Symposium in Dallas this year! Peter Lemkin 0 9,996 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Documentary on Mark Lane by Pauley Perrette Lauren Johnson 4 12,664 10-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Last Post: Martin White
  New Documentary; The Searchers Jim DiEugenio 0 2,416 08-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  "killing kennedy" documentary to be produced by national geographic channel Mark Prior 6 6,614 28-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Chuck Marler's New Documentary on JFK Jim DiEugenio 0 1,921 17-08-2016, 11:25 PM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  Documentary The Parkland Doctors Martin White 1 3,708 21-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Mark A. O'Blazney
  Best JFK Documentary David Guyatt 29 27,301 21-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Adam Kemp
  Hillary Clinton vs JFK: Why the Case is Relevant today Jim DiEugenio 8 6,542 29-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin