Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Obama have the balls to do the right thing?
From Robert Parry's Consortium:

Quote:

Obama's Last Chance

November 6, 2014

Exclusive: For six years, President Obama has bent to the will of Official Washington by reneging on promises to the American people for "transparency" and operating instead as an out-of-touch "insider." Now, the Democratic election debacle offers him a last chance to remember why he was elected, writes Robert Parry.
By Robert Parry
The Democrats clearly deserved to lose on Tuesday, though the Republicans may not have deserved to win. Indeed, there was almost a yin-yang quality to the Democratic rout/Republican victory in which the Democrats played into almost all the Republican themes, making the outcome feel inevitable.
Most notably, President Barack Obama and the Democrats shelved all the "contentious" issues that might have rallied their "base" to turn out and vote. Immigration reform was put on hold; release of the Senate report on "torture" was postponed; what to do about "global warming" was ignored; the argument about the value of activist government was silenced; etc., etc., etc.
[Image: obama-aides-300x200.jpg]President Barack Obama walks with Senior Advisors on the Colonnade of the White House, Nov. 5, 2014. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
On a personal level, supposedly polarizing "liberal" candidates, such as actor Ashley Judd in Kentucky, were pushed aside in favor of supposedly more "electable" candidates, like Alison Lundergan Grimes. Unwilling to say whether she had voted for President Obama in 2012, Grimes managed to win only 41 percent of the vote against the perennially unpopular Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell.
Obama himself was virtually sidelined from many races in what was an implicit Democratic admission of the Republican theme that Obama was a failure and that he deserved an electoral repudiation. The smell of fear pervaded the Democratic ranks and panic is not the most inspiring of emotions.
In some states, the Democrats seemed enamored with what might be called the "nepotism strategy," counting on the "magic" of political names and family connections to somehow overcome their lack of message and their image of timidity: Pryor in Arkansas, Grimes in Kentucky, Nunn in Georgia all went down to decisive defeat.
In the bigger picture, the Democratic failure seems part and parcel with the broader weakness of progressivism in the United States. The Right continues to dominate in areas of media and messaging, investing billions upon billions of dollars in a vertically integrated media apparatus, from the older technologies of print, radio and TV to the newer ones around the Internet. The Right also has layers upon layers of think tanks and other propaganda outlets.
By comparison, the Left has never made anything close to a comparable investment. And, even the ostensibly "liberal" network MSNBC and the purportedly "liberal" New York Times fall into line behind neoconservative foreign policy initiatives at nearly every turn, such as the "regime change" campaigns in Syria, Iran and Ukraine. So, too, do many of the supposedly "liberal" think tanks, such as the Brookings Institution and the New America Foundation.
Indeed, a remarkable reality about U.S. policy circles is that six years after the end of George W. Bush's disastrous neocon-dominated presidency, the neocons continue to dominate America's foreign policy thinking, albeit sometimes rebranded as "liberal interventionism."
[B]A Closet Realist'[/B]
[B]Though President Obama may be something of a "closet realist" hoping to work quietly with foreign adversaries to resolve international crises he has never taken firm control over his own foreign policy.[/B]
[B]Obama apparently thought that neocon holdovers from the Bush years, like Gen. David Petraeus or Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland, and Democratic neocons, such as his first Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, would somehow drop their ideological certitudes and cooperate with his approach.[/B]
[B]Instead, the neocons and their "liberal interventionist" allies burrowed deep into the foreign policy bureaucracy and pop up periodically to press for their war-mongering agendas. A distracted President Obama always seems outmaneuvered from the 2009 Afghan "surge," to the 2010 stand-off over Iran's nuclear program, to the 2011 civil wars in Libya and Syria, to the 2014 Ukrainian coup d'etat.[/B]
[B]Arriving late at each new crisis, Obama usually signs off on what the neocons want, although he intermittently pushes for his "realist" approach, such as collaborating with Russia's President Vladimir Putin in avoiding a U.S. war on Syria in 2013 and negotiating a peaceful settlement to Iran's nuclear program, which could be completed in 2014 if Obama doesn't lose his nerve.[/B]
[B]The big question now is whether the Democrats' humiliating defeat on Nov. 4 will teach Obama and the party any meaningful lessons or will the Democrats just kid themselves into thinking that "demographics" will save them or that they will prevail in 2016 by avoiding controversial stands and putting up another famous "name," in Hillary Clinton.[/B]
[B]Will Obama finally realize that he has to revert back to his inspiring messages of 2008 on issues such as his promise of government transparency? For the past six years, transparency has worked only one way: the government gets to look into the secrets of citizens while the citizens have no right to know about the government's secrets.[/B]
[B]There is a fundamental disconnect between this image of an intrusive federal government spying on everyone and the progressive concept that an active federal government is necessary to address fundamental problems facing the American people and the world, such as what to do about global warming, income inequality, corporate power, racial injustice, etc.[/B]
[B]What I'm hearing from many young progressives is that they are so resentful of government intrusions into their lives that they are veering more toward libertarianism, even though it offers no solutions to most environmental, economic and social problems. If Obama hopes to stanch this flow of progressive youth to the right, he needs to finally recognize that the people need transparency on the government and the government must learn to trust the people.[/B]
[B]An obvious first step would be to override CIA objections and release the report on torture during the Bush years. And while Obama is at it, he should make public the secret pages from the 9/11 report relating to Saudi funding for al-Qaeda terrorists.[/B]
[B]I'm also told that Obama has information that contradicts his administration's early claims blaming the Aug. 21, 2013 sarin gas attack on the Syrian government and faulting Russia for the July 17, 2014 shoot-down of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over Ukraine. Those two incidents fueled dangerous international confrontations with the United States nearly going to war against the Syrian government in 2013 and starting a new Cold War with Russia in 2014.[/B]
[B]If Obama has U.S. intelligence information that points the finger of blame in different directions, he should correct the impressions left by Secretary of State John Kerry and other U.S. officials. The neocons won't like that and some "liberal interventionists" may have egg on their faces, too but misleading propaganda has no place in a democracy. False information must be removed as quickly as possible.[/B]
[B]Similarly, Obama should commit his administration to expediting release of historical secrets. Currently, it takes many years, even decades, to pry loose embarrassing "secrets" from the U.S. government, often allowing false historical narratives to take hold or creating a hot house for conspiracy theories. It's way past time for the U.S. government to give the American people their history back.[/B]
[B]By releasing as much information as possible about important topics, Obama could finally begin to win back the people's trust, not just in him but in the government. Nothing is as corrosive to democratic governance as a belief by the people that the government doesn't trust them and that they, in turn, have no reason to trust the government.[/B]
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
My prediction is that he will do some things in the last 12-18 months to give him some sort of "legacy" in this respect, but that these will be repealed by whoever wins in 2016.
He still has veto power. He should use it.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
I think Obama has been carefully chosen for this roll. Read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man as a kind of template for the guiding of American politics. Recall Jesse Ventura's story of being summoned to the basement of the state capitol building where he was rudely interviewed by CIA types. Recall his story of a Minnesota state office that was reserved for perpetual CIA mole. My point is that there are lots of criminal programs designed to keep the political spectrum in place towards the overall goal of the realization of the NWO.

Recall Carroll Quigley's famous summary of who he called the Milner Group:

Quote:The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences.

And so on.

And remember that Obama, if he continues to play ball, will be rewarded with absurdly over-priced speaking fees supplied by Zionist oligarchs that will make him a very wealthy man.

In other words, I expect Obama to frustrate progressives no end, as he continues to do his job of advancing the globalist agenda. That's how I read it, anyway.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Lauren Johnson Wrote:I think Obama has been carefully chosen for this roll. Read Confessions of an Economic Hit Man as a kind of template for the guiding of American politics. Recall Jesse Ventura's story of being summoned to the basement of the state capitol building where he was rudely interviewed by CIA types. Recall his story of a Minnesota state office that was reserved for perpetual CIA mole. My point is that there are lots of criminal programs designed to keep the political spectrum in place towards the overall goal of the realization of the NWO.

Recall Carroll Quigley's famous summary of who he called the Milner Group:

Quote:The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences.

And so on.

And remember that Obama, if he continues to play ball, will be rewarded with absurdly over-priced speaking fees supplied by Zionist oligarchs that will make him a very wealthy man.

In other words, I expect Obama to frustrate progressives no end, as he continues to do his job of advancing the globalist agenda. That's how I read it, anyway.

You're correct of course. Why would he change the habits of a life time?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Quote:You're correct of course. Why would he change the habits of a life time?

I remember back in the day before I took the red pill, hoping against hope that Colin Powell would be that guy who would stand up and speak truth to power. Now he's a motivational speaker. ::face.palm::::gtfo::
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

Lauren Johnson Wrote:I remember back in the day before I took the red pill, hoping against hope that Colin Powell would be that guy who would stand up and speak truth to power. Now he's a motivational speaker. ::face.palm::::gtfo::

Colin Powell motivates me to change the channel when ever I hear or see him. I don't pay him any money for it either.
I've often wondered who goes and listens to these washed up has been tools and flunkies and why for god's sake? Don't they have better things to do? Presumably their company pays. But they could have a sickie that day.

The saddest legacy of all 'this', IMHO, is that the HOPE instilled (albeit briefly) in those who worked for and elected Obama - liberals, progressives, Blacks, disenfranchised, many young people still with some hope not dashed, etc. - are now and will mostly forever be cynical and without hope; having been lied to and tricked - in fact used. Ultimately, I think THIS was the PLAN behind Obama. One can argue how much Obama himself was involved in this cynical plan, but sadly I have to conclude [given his actions] he was very much involved and witting. The outlines of this were also apparent before he ran and could be found [and can still be found] in such books as The Unauthorized Biography of Barrack Obama, which lays out when, where and how he was 'groomed' by the Secret Government crowd to be a Trojan Horse. In the end, Obama's policies on economics and Warfare have differed only in style from his supposed opponents - on the National Security State keeping its secrets he has even outdone all predecessors. I can't read the man's mind, though I have tried. He talks the talk; but he does NOT walk the walk......yes, he may have one or two good bones in his body and may try some last half-term things to save his neck in the history books [the normal ones], but in the end I fear the only 'good' to come out of this Presidency is breaking the 'whites only' barrier - on all other counts he was the Corporation's/Oligarch's and Banker's Boy; The Arm's Makers and Endless Warriors Toy; The National Security Apparatus' Ploy. It is all very sad, and the cynicism it has engendered will disempower a generation - The original PLAN for this Trojan Horse President OP. IMHO. We were had once again, and the end effect is not to learn the lessons and reject both the Democrats and Republicans - who are but two wings of the one party state; but to disengage from political action for all but the radicalized few - and return to being Sheeple for the slaughter. I wish I were wrong. The very low turnout at the last election - especially of those who were fervently for Obama and Change/Hope IMO proves that sadly I am at least partly correct. I think baring an actual uprising of massive discontent [it can even be a peaceful one, and I'd hope it would be], America is now lost until the Empire crumbles of its own evil deeds and unbearable and unfair system.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:The saddest legacy of all 'this', IMHO, is that the HOPE instilled (albeit briefly) in those who worked for and elected Obama - liberals, progressives, Blacks, disenfranchised, many young people still with some hope not dashed, etc. - are not and will mostly forever be cynical and without hope; having been lied to and tricked - in fact used. Ultimately, I think THIS was the PLAN behind Obama. One can argue how much Obama himself was involved in this cynical plan, but sadly I have to conclude [given his actions] he was very much involved and witting. The outlines of this were also apparent before he ran and could be found [and can still be found] in such books as The Unauthorized Biography of Barrack Obama, which lays out when, where and how he was 'groomed' by the Secret Government crowd to be a Trojan Horse. In the end, Obama's policies on economics and Warfare have differed only in style from his supposed opponents - on the National Security State keeping its secrets he has even outdone all predecessors. I can't read the man's mind, though I have tried. He talks the talk; but he does NOT walk the walk......yes, he may have one or two good bones in his body and may try some last half-term things to save his neck in the history books [the normal ones], but in the end I fear the only 'good' to come out of this Presidency is breaking the 'whites only' barrier - on all other counts he was the Corporation's/Oligarch's and Banker's Boy; The Arm's Makers and Endless Warriors Toy; The National Security Apparatus' Ploy. It is all very sad, and the cynicism it has engendered will disempower a generation - The original PLAN for this Trojan Horse President OP. IMHO. We were had once again, and the end effect is not to learn the lessons and reject both the Democrats and Republicans - who are but two wings of the one party state; but to disengage from political action for all but the radicalized few - and return to being Sheeple for the slaughter. I wish I were wrong. The very low turnout at the last election - especially of those who were fervently for Obama and Change/Hope IMO proves that sadly I am at least partly correct. I think baring an actual uprising of massive discontent [it can even be a peaceful one, and I'd hope it would be], America is now lost until the Empire crumbles of its own evil deeds and unbearable and unfair system.

100% agree. The man who was to bring hope was in fact designed to kill it. Well said.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected Lauren Johnson 0 2,429 28-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Obama Has Ties to Slavery Not by His Father but His Mother, Research Suggests Adele Edisen 10 8,445 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  What? No discussion of Obama's COLB certificate today? Jack White 28 10,132 20-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Georgia Judge Denies Obama Motion to Quash Subpoena on Ballot Challenge Ed Jewett 0 2,450 21-01-2012, 05:06 AM
  Is Obama Becoming as Dumb as Bush? Greg Burnham 12 5,862 15-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Greg Burnham
  "Secret Service upset with Obama" (Wayne Madsen) Ed Jewett 1 4,926 07-10-2011, 04:32 AM
  Communist Party USA supports Obama for re-election....no joke, apparently! Peter Lemkin 0 2,450 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Mystery scars on Obama's head ... Ed Jewett 0 3,065 07-05-2011, 03:02 AM
  Nancy Reagan praises Obama.. Bernice Moore 0 2,379 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  For Those Who KNOW Obama Is Only A Small Step - And Much Larger Are Needed! Peter Lemkin 4 4,286 05-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin