Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clint Eastwood's American Sniper
Clint Eastwood's new Sniper movie is a smash.

Michael Moore took flak because he Tweeted that snipers were cowards who shot people in the back and that his uncle was killed by a sniper in WWII.

Of course the great jingo mob attacked Moore saying he was insulting the brave service of a soldier who died to protect his free speech. Moore backed down and said he wasn't necessarily talking about the movie. Bullshit, he was talking about the movie and the cowardly jingoism that mob reaction incurred. He was also talking about cowardly invasions. Be brave Michael. Call their bluff and don't back down. That man wasn't fighting for your free speech he was fighting for aggressive war criminals with other motives. In fact those terrorists overseas have very little to nothing to do with your level of free speech in America. An honest analysis will show that the level of free speech in America has been directly reduced by those fascist jingoes and the increasingly fascist governments they support domestically. That is what Moore was talking about and he shouldn't back down in front of the mob that represents them. Government Hollywood propaganda has finally found the right basket of pro-Iraq War poop the American public will buy. As far as I'm concerned Clint Eastwood is America's Leni Riefenstahl. It's a shame Moore has to fear them and their dangerous reactions. I wonder if the sniper would have protected Eric Snowden's or Julian Assange's free speech? Or was there no oil behind their free speech?

Albert Doyle Wrote:I wonder if the sniper would have protected Eric Snowden's or Julian Assange's free speech? Or was there no oil behind their free speech?

Sheesh Albert, free speech is only for media moguls and selected movie producers dontchano?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Moore shouldn't have backed down. Snipers are cowards. I used to work with a guy who was an Army sniper (2 tours in Vietnam), and he used to brag about having hunted "the most dangerous game." I used to think, "Yeah, you probably shot 17-year-old VC guerrillas in the back."
You might also mention that free speech is what allows you to express your opinions in this forum. Free speech means everyone, even people we don't agree with. My humble opinion, we shouldn't waste time criticizing the soldier for decisions made far above his/her paygrade, and get down to the serious business of identifying and criticizing the war-mongers.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Drew Phipps Wrote:My humble opinion, we shouldn't waste time criticizing the soldier for decisions made far above his/her paygrade, and get down to the serious business of identifying and criticizing the war-mongers.
Agreed. Nor waste time criticising Michael Moore. War mongers are the real problem.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Nor waste time criticising Michael Moore. War mongers are the real problem.

No, I would say war mongers and right-wingers who use meaningless outdated images of military patriotism and bravery to support their grossly corrupted and biased viewpoint and methods. I would even add that the original concept of the minute man fighting according to his own dictates and beliefs has now been overtaken by this new army bureaucracy model. Nope, I agree with Moore. The sniper fought for war criminals and shot people in an illegal war based on Constitution-violating lies. We are further insulted by having this matter settled by complete American idiots who offer moronic, shallow-minded mob-like opinions on Twitter that go right to the media unfiltered as the desired example of Americans.

The Nazis said they were just obeying orders. If we had that original freedom under which we originally gained that free speech the individual soldier would have the right to decide whether he wanted to fight for them. Knowing they were using criminal methods, the government used coercive, exploitative class-manipulating methods of getting soldiers to fight their war. If we still had that original form of government those soldiers or minute men would have the right to hold their leaders responsible for their crimes instead of being forced to listen to criminals calling themselves leaders bragging they'd do it again with no fear of being held accountable.

Don't forget that the free speech those mindless FOX jingoes are cheerleading about was connected to the same writs that clearly repudiated torture and relied on the people, including that soldier, to enforce against the government. America is a smarter, much more sophisticated argument than what those FOX bozos want to reduce it to.

And don't forget they killed 3000 Americans to do it.

Right-wingers are having multiple orgasms over this film. Apparently assassins and torturers are the new American heroes, something every American boy should aspire to.

http://lookingglass.blog.co.uk/2015/01/2...-19992755/

There was praise in the Bay Area's Chronicle for the Eastwood film, critic Mick LaSalle arguing that American Sniper' was nuanced and multi-layered and carried much deeper messages than bloodlust and hatred, but LaSalle is wrong, dangerously wrong.
Early returns from the Tweeting community call for killing Arabs,' many using the terminology of fascism, describing them as "vermin." "Now I really want to kill some fucking ragheads," crowed one happy theater-goer. The web is filled with such now, an ugly presage of what we have in store after a record-breaking, ninety-million-dollar opening weekend for the Hollywood version of the killing career of Chris Kyle.
Eastwood celebrates a man who bragged of a blood lust, proud of his verified kills,' four tours with the American military in Iraq and Afghanistan, and gilds his pathology with the Hitler-loved-dogs treatment. Depicted as a warm-hearted man with doubts, a cold-hearted man devoid of any real human connection is now a hero to much of impressionable, stupid America. Kyle's fans on Twitter are mostly young, white, and apparently lost to sensibilities of any kind.
The Kyle story and Eastwood's sick encomium fit comfortably into a society which has a growing erotic fascination with violence and destruction. All of this was quite predictable.
The new John Wayne. When you get bored and the hypocrisy level gets too high at home turn to war sport.

Last night the History Channel had a middle east theater sniper program on as entertainment. It showed arabs coming into view like a video game and being shot by a sniper through a sniper's scope. When I was young US television never had such military brainwashing programs. Their obvious unhealthy content would have been restricted back then. Now corporations deliberately present such programs in order to "blood" the public to their new military paradigm. Corporations are now politically hand in hand with the military and their pro-war propaganda in an almost predatory, immoral way. Deep Politics studiers will see the fingers of intel and the Pentagon quickly taking advantage of the poll points gotten from Eastwood's film in this process. A sign of the true methods of present day American 'democracy'.

There are stupid people on the internet who ask "Why would they kill John Lennon?" Duh.
It's worse than that. In the John Wayne era of Hollywood, the good guys never shot people in the back or head from ambush (especially not civilians). That was something only cowards and the worst villains did.

I'm a big fan of Richard Boone in the TV series Have Gun Will Travel, which operated on a totally different moral and ethical level than anything we see today. Paladin was a poet and philosopher as well as a hired gun, guided by his own strong moral code. Native Americans and foreigners were portrayed in a positive light. He was always helping people in trouble, and was never sadistic. Same could be said of shows like Gunsmoke and Bonanza. But today we have shows like Game of Thrones, which appeal to all the worst elements of human nature, and give us no positive and sympathetic role models.
[quote=Drew Phipps]You might also mention that free speech is what allows you to express your opinions in this forum. Free speech means everyone, QUOTE]

Free speech is just a pool of resource that 'they' use to Monarch Programme ppl.
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amnesty International as Anglo-American op (in India) Paul Rigby 1 4,179 22-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  CNN TV show "Declassified: Untold Stories of American Spies;" is it for real or a snow job? Drew Phipps 5 5,652 27-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Albert Doyle
  Great Film About The American Propaganda-Media-National Security-Corporate Complex Peter Lemkin 2 4,947 15-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Last Post: R.K. Locke
  American Militarism and Anti-Militarism in Popular Media, 1945-1970 Tracy Riddle 0 2,369 03-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  American Exceptionalism! Peter Lemkin 0 1,932 30-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  American Delusions - Richard Raznikov Tracy Riddle 0 2,327 26-01-2014, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Ron Unz on the Silence of the American Media from Madoff to Sibel Edmonds.. Kara Dellacioppa 1 2,451 30-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  Homeland Security Given Green Light to Monitor American Journalists Magda Hassan 11 6,908 27-02-2013, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  American Exceptionalism - the American Religion Peter Lemkin 0 2,119 03-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  "Homeland is an American psychological thriller television series" Ed Jewett 0 3,175 03-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett