Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEN BRADLEE: Not Such a Good Life
In fact he was really kind of ersatz.

https://consortiumnews.com/2015/03/10/be...good-life/

I am really proud of this two parter. You can go to part 2 with the link at the bottom.

Thanks so much to Dawn, the interview with Harvey Y makes the second part.

Finally, this guy is exposed.

Only Bob Parry would print this. Kudos to him all the way..
More information-dense, concise expository gold from DiEugenio.

This article should be on front pages and not buried in an obscure internet site no one reads along with its author.

Of course this eloquent, philosophical viewpoint is just the tip of an ugly iceberg that involves CIA terror and murder. It's what Bradlee's self-serving facade was designed to counter and cover-up. America is like a flimsy Hollywood set ready to blow over with the first winds of truth. When that facade collapses you'll see the tanks and storm troops it was concealing along with their ministers.
Holy crap!!! These two pieces start with a detailed summary of just how closely Bradlee and his Brahman relations were to the CIA, and end with a savage re-examination of the Post's real.. uh... let's say "focused" reporting on the Watergate scandal and the diminishing role of Main Stream Media in America. There are many important revelations between these themes.

The relations of Bradlee to the Pinchot Sisters and the facts about Mary's death are beautifully summarized. I had no idea that Angleton allegedly held Mary's diary for more than a decade and then returned it to Mrs. Bradlee who burned it. (It would be interesting to know if Jim Di believes this account.)

It was also a revelation to me that Bradlee actively sought to discredit the Veciana report that he (Veciana) saw "Lee Harvey Oswald" meeting with Maurice Bishop/David Phillips at Dallas's Southland building on Sept. 1, 1963. (If this observation is accurate, Veciana saw American-born Lee Oswald, who was probably getting instructions from Phillips on how to proceed with the frame-up of Russian-speaking Harvey Oswald, who at the time was still living with Marina in New Orleans. Harvey didn't leave New Orleans until Sept 25.)

This is a remarkable essay. Thanks again to James DiEugenio!
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996
A Mr. Trowbridge Ford posted a comment on your story, saying you were too soft on Nixon, and that you had "accused" Trowbridge of leading the charge to oust Nixon. I realize that Trowbridge Ford himself accuses Nixon of having murdered LBJ. Perhaps you could elaborate, in another thread?
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Thanks to all. Like I said, I am really proud of this two parter because no one ever did anything like this on Bradlee before.

And I am grateful to Bob Parry for printing it since I do not think anyone else, including Salon, would have done it.

As per Ford, I did not know he thought Nixon did away with LBJ. I mean what is the evidence for that? Sounds off the wall to me.

Ford used to post here but he got so obnoxious they banned him.

See, from my information, through Tatro and Marrs, it was Ford and David Truby who unearthed the famous Rubinstein memo, about Ruby working for Nixon. Back in the nineties, I though this was a forgery based upon Paul Hoch. I had not completely wised up to Hoch at the time. Today I am not sure if it is.

When I printed the fact that those two guys surfaced it, and it was a likely forgery, and they both had intel connections in Probe, Ford went nutty.

He demanded a retraction. So, to be fair, I went back to Marrs, and he actually had his notes from his phone call with Ford. Which confirmed everything I wrote.

BTW, I don't now what he means about me being soft on Nixon. That part of the essay analyzes only some of the faults in the Bradlee-Woodward-Bernstein version of Watergate. I could have gone on for many pages more as to all the things wrong with All The President's Men in light of what we know today. I have little or no sympathy for Nixon as politician or president, I mean, come on, the secret bombing of Cambodia? But what ATPM tries to insinuate about him and Watergate is simply wrong. Nixon never really knew what was happening to him. He just played it badly from the beginning. And then Redford went ahead and made it all even worse by glorifying Bradlee, Woodward and Bernstein. And consecrating their self serving mythology about Watergate.

The best book about Watergate is still Secret Agenda. But I did read three newer ones for the essay, Holland's Leak, Rosen's The Strong Man, and In Nixon's Web by Patrick and Ed Gray. I thought the last two were both good, especially the Gray book, which I would recommend to anyone. It proves that both Felt and Woodward were liars. And that Deep Throat, as I and others always suspected, was a composite. What Bradlee did in that case for Woodward, that is letting him keep a major source utterly secret, was unconscionable. Bradlee then tried to CYA it all by saying Deep Throat never fabricated.

HA HA HA. In the article, I showed he had and Woodward wrote it down in his book.

The article got too long. So I had to cut out a very interesting section. See, I think Bernstein was a fairly honest reporter. Especially compared to Woodward and Bradlee. I think Carl later understood what had happened. He had teamed up with a spook, in Woodward, and been supervised by a spook alumnus in Bradlee. He then quit the Post and was very instrumental in exposing Mockingbird in Rolling Stone. I think he did this to expiate his soul a bit for what he had been unwittingly a part of. In other words, he had been duped. But he had been well paid to be so.
Bernstein's long Rolling Stone piece Jim referred to above, imho, is the most important story Bernstein ever published. It never mentions Mockingbird, but it sure does explain how the CIA influenced Big Media. It was called:

[B]THE CIA AND THE MEDIA[/B]
How Americas Most Powerful News Media Worked Hand in Glove with the Central Intelligence Agency and Why the Church Committee Covered It Up

It can be read in full at this link:

As for Nixon and Ruby:

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6786&stc=1]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=6787&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   Ruby and Nixon-5-6-1953.jpg (Size: 21.27 KB / Downloads: 42)
.jpg   Ruby Nixon.jpg (Size: 89.28 KB / Downloads: 43)
HarveyandLee.net

Chief Justice Earl Warren: "Full disclosure was not possible for reasons of national security." – 1964
CIA accountant James B. Wilcott: Oswald received "a full-time salary for agent work for doing CIA operational work." – 1978
HSCA counsel Robert Tanenbaum: “Lee Harvey Oswald was a contract employee of the CIA and the FBI.” – 1996
Wow. A dead to rights photograph.

Off-Topic: On the Anthony Bourdain show on CNN they let him describe the CIA overthrow of Mossadegh in Iran and installation of the Shah as well as the western oil interests that inspired it. Also the troubles that followed with the Embassy take over and US backing Saddam. Unusual for CNN.
Drew Phipps Wrote:A Mr. Trowbridge Ford posted a comment on your story, saying you were too soft on Nixon, and that you had "accused" Trowbridge of leading the charge to oust Nixon. I realize that Trowbridge Ford himself accuses Nixon of having murdered LBJ. Perhaps you could elaborate, in another thread?

Wasn't it TF that said Jim was trying to kill him?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Among other things, Magda.

But, you know, looking at Bernstein's article again, he still soft pedals the Post's relationship with the CIA.

He actually goes to Kate Graham and lets her deny she ever had any formal relationship with the Agency.

What do you call Walter Pincus then, or the Alsop brothers.
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:Among other things, Magda.

But, you know, looking at Bernstein's article again, he still soft pedals the Post's relationship with the CIA.

He actually goes to Kate Graham and lets her deny she ever had any formal relationship with the Agency.

What do you call Walter Pincus then, or the Alsop brothers.

And don't forget Philip who went the same way as DeMohrenschildt.

Wikipedia:

Quote:Philip Graham dealt with alcoholism and mental illness throughout his marriage to Katharine. He had mood swings and often belittled her, calling her horrible names.[SUP][6][/SUP] On Christmas Eve in 1962, Katharine found out her husband was having an affair with Robin Webb, an Australian stringer for Newsweek. Philip declared that he would divorce his wife for Robin and he made motions to divide up the couple's assets.[SUP][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katharine_Graham#cite_note-Felsenthal.2C_Carol_1993-6"][6]
[/URL][/SUP]At a newspaper conference in Phoenix, Arizona, Philip apparently had a nervous breakdown.[SUP][7][/SUP] Graham was sedated and flown back to Washington, where he would end up in the Chestnut Lodge psychiatric facility near Washington, D.C.[SUP][7][/SUP] During a weekend release from Chestnut Lodge on August 3, 1963, Philip Graham committed suicide with a 28-gauge shotgun at the couple's Glen Welby home.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jim Hargrove Chooses Politics Over Good Research Brian Doyle 0 178 12-01-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Goodbye and good riddance to Chris Matthews Jim DiEugenio 0 2,596 05-03-2020, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  How Life Magazine aided the Cover up Jim DiEugenio 0 2,116 06-02-2019, 04:36 AM
  Alan Dale chats with Peter Dale Scott about the JFK assassination - a good read Anthony Thorne 2 4,798 18-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  McAdams gets new life Tom Bowden 3 16,085 11-07-2018, 01:05 AM
  Time-Life and the 50th Jim DiEugenio 1 10,601 15-06-2018, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  Roger Craig - one of the few good cops on the DPD Peter Lemkin 2 4,915 01-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Joseph McBride
  New book on life and 'work' of J.J. Angleton Peter Lemkin 6 25,871 03-12-2017, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  VMI Seminar should be good Jim DiEugenio 2 4,855 24-08-2017, 03:40 PM
  Maybe its good that he will not be around in 2017? Jim DiEugenio 4 3,446 17-03-2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle