Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great anti-war speeches in film & TV
A powerful rant by Cary Grant in an otherwise lightweight romantic comedy. Watch from 38 min to 41 min

A scene written by Rod Serling, Twilight Zone episode "No Time Like the Past"

From Kubrick's Paths of Glory:

"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
[video=vimeo;80267729]https://vimeo.com/80267729[/video]
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
"They're trying to kill me," Yossarian told him calmly.
No one's trying to kill you," Clevinger cried.
Then why are they shooting at me?" Yossarian asked.
They're shooting at everyone," Clevinger answered. "They're trying to kill everyone."
And what difference does that make?"
― Joseph Heller, Catch 22

[size=12]"Insanity is contagious."
True story.
[/SIZE]
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Incubation of Nazism: Great Britain's Greatest Game of All David Guyatt 0 6,749 29-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  WarII Propaganda Film Series: Victory at Sea Lauren Johnson 3 6,870 26-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Russia offers Iran most advanced anti-aircraft system David Guyatt 0 5,085 24-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  The Great War II - the US war of the World David Guyatt 0 5,492 16-02-2015, 12:58 PM
  Great News! Fortune Magazine declares winner in war of ISIS! Drew Phipps 1 3,784 14-09-2014, 03:21 AM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  UNMANNED - America's Drone Wars - New Film!! Peter Lemkin 2 3,328 01-11-2013, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Pilger Film 'The War You Don't See' Banned By Lannan Foundation Ed Jewett 9 11,408 17-07-2011, 05:56 PM
  Latest Anti-Embire Report - Blum - Lots on Libya and other things... Peter Lemkin 1 4,086 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Steve Franklin
  New Film examining the M.I. complex and the War on Terror Louise Almond 0 3,697 17-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Louise Almond
  Great Talk On National Nuclear Security State! Peter Lemkin 0 3,164 25-02-2010, 09:18 AM