Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Days in Vietnam
http://www.ctka.net/2015/RoryKVietnam.html

If you have not seen this film, you should. Its very well done and presents material that has not yet been presented on film, as far as I know.

Some of the criticism of the film, by people like Nick Turse and the Nation crowd, is really unfounded.

It does a nice job cosideaing what its about. I did make some criticisms, but overall, this is a good film. Well wroth seeing.
I once met the son of a Laotian army officer hired by CIA to spot Pathet Lao positions for US bombing. The CIA practically pulled out of Laos overnight leaving his father, himself, and his family at the hands of the conquering Pathet Lao. The father was sent to re-education labor camp where they gave them a wicker basket and ordered him to fill bomb craters with it. Luckily he got out and managed to get to the US. Thavi and his family were left behind in a kind of house arrest. He swam across the Mekong at night and made it to Thailand with his family and onto the US. A very interesting story in the documentary 'Nerakhoon' (Laotian for "Betrayal"). That's Thavi on the cover:

http://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-Ellen-Kur...s=Nerakoon
Albert Doyle Wrote:I once met the son of a Laotian army officer hired by CIA to spot Pathet Lao positions for US bombing. The CIA practically pulled out of Laos overnight leaving his father, himself, and his family at the hands of the conquering Pathet Lao. The father was sent to re-education labor camp where they gave them a wicker basket and ordered him to fill bomb craters with it. Luckily he got out and managed to get to the US. Thavi and his family were left behind in a kind of house arrest. He swam across the Mekong at night and made it to Thailand with his family and onto the US. A very interesting story in the documentary 'Nerakhoon' (Laotian for "Betrayal"). That's Thavi on the cover:

http://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-Ellen-Kur...s=Nerakoon

You must have thought a lot of the dvd because in this instance you did not have Ralph Yates do your four star review of it. The fish you described catching locally in the book review, sounded yummy, boru !

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=7525&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   HudsonFish.jpg (Size: 207.22 KB / Downloads: 22)
Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.
That's off-topic Tom. Please stop stalking my posts.
Albert Doyle Wrote:That's off-topic Tom. Please stop stalking my posts.

You missed my point, there is no mention of Laos in Jim DiEugenio's review. You step on every thread in this section of the forum, thus it is impossible to avoid posting after you do, since your post almost always immediately
follows the opening post of every thread and the top of the page post of every ensuing page of every thread. We know you blame the CIA for anything and everything, we all get it.

Jim DiEugenio Wrote:........... Saying that a car was "planted" and then saying, "Gad, it was a CIA operation!" What does that mean?

You insist on having the first word, the middle word, and the last word in each and every thread. It is no accident activity has dried up in this section of the forum.
Peter Janney's uncle was Frank Pace, chairman of General Dynamics who enlisted law partners Roswell Gilpatric and Luce's brother-in-law, Maurice "Tex" Moore, in a trade of 16 percent of Gen. Dyn. stock in exchange for Henry Crown and his Material Service Corp. of Chicago, headed by Byfield's Sherman Hotel group's Pat Hoy. The Crown family and partner Conrad Hilton next benefitted from TFX, at the time, the most costly military contract award in the history of the world. Obama was sponsored by the Crowns and Pritzkers. So was Albert Jenner Peter Janney has preferred to write of an imaginary CIA assassination of his surrogate mother, Mary Meyer, but not a word about his Uncle Frank.
I saw a presentation on TV this summer about the US withdrawal from Viet Nam in 1975. It was a traumatic program for people who lived through the era. A massive rush to get to the evacuation ships before the North Vietnamese Army stormed the city.
Albert Doyle Wrote:I saw a presentation on TV this summer about the US withdrawal from Viet Nam in 1975. It was a traumatic program for people who lived through the era. A massive rush to get to the evacuation ships before the North Vietnamese Army stormed the city.

Laos and Cambodia fell at almost the same time. Corrupt officials and generals in those countries rushed to get out with their loot. There was never a better example of how dumb it is to prop up crooked, unpopular regimes.
Which, if you read DiEugenio, was what JFK knew in advance and tried to stop.

The criticism of JFK by his detractors is only possible because of the fulfillment of his plans that never happened because he was killed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,446 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,417 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Big Grin JFK, Vietnam and Agent Orange Richard Coleman 2 2,483 11-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  Counterpunch, JFK and Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 0 2,062 04-05-2020, 09:37 PM
  Vietnam Declassified: Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon Jim DiEugenio 0 5,400 17-12-2018, 05:54 PM
  An interesting sidebar to President Johnson's Vietnam War Tom Bowden 5 9,137 17-10-2018, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Scott Kaiser
  Roger Hilsman on JFK vs LBJ on Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 7 20,644 26-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Max Boot gets Booted on Lansdale in Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 19 22,788 23-05-2018, 05:07 AM
  Edmund Gullion, JFK and the Shaping of a Foreign Policy in Vietnam Jim DiEugenio 1 6,747 14-05-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  PBS presents Burns Novick The Vietnam War Jim DiEugenio 22 22,879 16-10-2017, 02:15 PM