Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Barbour's Last Word On 'The Garrison Tapes'
Dynamite interviews - great stuff - gotta watch this, and take notes. Support his new effort on the Garrison Tapes II!

'New Orleans D.A. Jim Garrison risked everything to tell his story about his investigation into the murder of Pres. John F. Kennedy. The only person to whom he told the whole story of that investigation was John Barbour, Creator, Co-Producer and Co-Host of 'Real People.' John's amazing, inspiring story of how he also risked everything to tell Garrison's story is told in this behind the scenes riveting 70 minute film, 'John Barbour's Last Word On The Garrison Tapes!'

In Part Two, 'The American Media And The 2nd Assassination of JFK,' he will still be telling it.
Be a part of it!

http://www.johnbarboursworld.com
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
I forgot all about Clinton allowing the FCC to ditch the 7-7-1 rule.

God, add that to his cooperation with the Rockefellers and their globalization agenda.

Bernie Sanders should be spreading the word about this.

And isn't that incredible, Garrison predicted he would not get him on his LA talk show. Even though it was huge hit.

Sure enough, two weeks before JG was on, he gets fired and then JG gets cancelled.
Watched this at Greg Parker's JFK conference in Melbourne last weekend, and was impressed by it. I hope more people watch it. Len puts together valuable stuff and I hope he knows how appreciated he is for it. There are only a few people online doing consistently well-researched and well assembled documentaries. James Corbett is one, and Len is another. I can't think of many others that are as credible and on target - maybe the Metanoia Films guy in Canada, but his work is fairly different from Len's and James'.

The conference screened James DiEugenio's lengthy chat (great) and had surprisingly good presentations on the FPCC, on Bonnie Ray Williams, and on the Warren Commission. I had the pleasure of sitting next to Hasan Yusuf and a few others from Greg's forum and gently joshing them over the inter-forum rivalries that don't need dwelling on here. The new PRAYER MAN book was on the table behind me but I didn't get much of a chance to read through it.

Also in the crowd at the conference - an Education Forum regular, David (or Matthew) Mc-something (I'm terrible with names and didn't catch his over the crowd noise, even though we chatted for most of the lunch hour), an American now living in Newcastle and running a used bookshop there. He used to write for the 70's Australian left-wing mag NATION REVIEW and was apparently the guy that first leaked the name of one of the three CIA agents that Whitlam later brandished in parilament before Ted Shackley sent ASIO a cable the day before the coup expressing his distress. I grilled him on the dismissal and Nugan Hand and he obligingly pulled out a notepad and was writing down names, dates, connections. The most intriguing for me - he pegged a likely private discussion within Australia (with the future PM Fraser, and possibly others) flagging an upcoming coup to have been care of John Connally, who visited Australia in August 1974 c/o the Santa Gertrudis Breeders Convention event in (I believe) Queensland. Connally was on the President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board at the time, alongside such folk as William Casey, John Foster, Clare Booth Luce and Edward Teller. After Whitlam was dismissed - and I don't know if it made the news locally at the time or not - a few letterbombs were sent to various individuals prior to Fraser being elected. As he put it, "there were a lot of strange things going on over that period".
Very interesting Anthony. Thinking of the Santa Gertrudis Breeders Convention I know that Doug Anthony, National Party leader at the time was sharing a house with a CIA agent involved in the coup against Whitlam.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Very interesting Anthony. I know that Doug Anthony, National Party leader at the time was sharing a house with a CIA agent involved in the coup against Whitlam

He mentioned that too, along with a long list of names that he was able to tie from various dirty financial deals locally back to King Ranch in the US, covering both local oil companies and lucrative contracts for supplying meat to McDonalds in Australia.

Guy Rundle is up to the third part of a weekly series on the Whitlam Dismissal on Crikey (arguing the case for CIA involvement) and he's digging deeper than local journalists usually manage to do. When he's completed the series I'll post it up here for reference.
It would be a good cover to meet and organise is what I am saying.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Garrison had it nailed down long before many others that the CIA had played a major role in both the assassination AND the cover-up [which he knew first hand from their handiwork destroying his investigation and him]. He was really one of the great heroes of solving this drama and I just love listening to his sarcastic, laconic and informed style of telling about it. Even at the end of his life, when I wrote him letters [remember sending letters, before the day of email?] he had through a circuitous means instructed me to put a letter and smaller envelope to him in a larger envelope to someone else in NO who would deliver it to him by hand, as he said his mail was all opened and some never made it to him. His replies were also handled in a somewhat similar fashion. This continued even as he lay dying. At the end he realized from my letters that his investigation had been looking for Plumlee and to question him, but under one of his nom de guerre - Zapata. He kept up on the latest research and I'm sure his own until the day he died. What a great man and one of my personal heroes.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
From The Garrison Tapes: Can someone clarify what they see as Oswald's role in the meeting witnessed by Perry Russo --with Shaw, Oswald and others. Is it thought that Oswald was aware of the plot, (yet obviously not his role as patsy)? Or what is believed to be Oswald's understanding of events in regard to this witnessed meeting? Any clarification appreciated
Garrison came to think that since Oswald was one of them, that they only let him overhear the discussion.

That, at this point, the actual plotting was not really firmed up.

At Shaw's trial, for legal purposes, Alcock had to change this.

Garrison always thought there would be a series of trials, leading to the top level of the conspiracy.

I think Len did a very good job on this Barbour tape.

I really liked the visuals.
Ken Garretson Wrote:From The Garrison Tapes: Can someone clarify what they see as Oswald's role in the meeting witnessed by Perry Russo --with Shaw, Oswald and others. Is it thought that Oswald was aware of the plot, (yet obviously not his role as patsy)? Or what is believed to be Oswald's understanding of events in regard to this witnessed meeting? Any clarification appreciated

It is generally believed by better researchers, IMHO, that Oswald was told his assignment at some point and until his execution was to penetrate possible plotters against the President and report back to someone. The someone he reported back to were in on the setting up of Oswald and passed whatever he reported no further, to allow any plot to proceed.
I'd suggest reading The Man Who Knew Too Much - about Richard Case Nagell who was tasked by several entities to follow and find out who/what Oswald was and was doing.....likely a part of intelligence not in on the plot, but possibly a part that was, looking for leaks. His [Nagell's] tale is complex, but reveals much. While Nagell told later that he felt Oswald was a part of an assassination plot, I believe that Oswald had only been told to play that role partly in his penetration of the real plotters. Nagell was apparently also a double agent and also hired by the Soviets too....as they had word that a plot was afoot, and wanted information and to prevent it.
In the early period, as Jim has alluded to, the exact role of Oswald and of the plot [location, timing, details, even perhaps which patsy] had not been firmed up; but the process of setting Oswald up as a possible/the patsy was ongoing.
Garrison was well aware that the plot went well above the level of those he indited...but this was his starting point to eventually get to the real top levels...which went up to certain people in and formerly in the CIA, DIA, MI, and other Intelligence and Military organizations and individuals - and most likely well above them [i.e., right to the very highest levels of real power - nothing you'd be told about in Civics class in high school - nor in university about the real structure of American polity].

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Judge on Donald Norton Peter Lemkin 31 29,270 10-03-2023, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Tom Scully
  John T Martin: Filmed on same reel: Edwin Walker's Home, Oswald NOLA Leaflets Distribution Tom Scully 1 2,461 10-03-2023, 09:34 AM
  John Judge has died Dawn Meredith 112 120,199 14-12-2021, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Accomplishing Jim Garrison’s Investigation on the Trail of the Assassins of JFK Paper Magda Hassan 1 1,679 21-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Paz Marverde
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,450 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  John Newman's JFK and Vietnam: 2017 Version Jim DiEugenio 0 1,424 26-06-2021, 03:01 AM
  The FBI, JFK and Jim Garrison Jim DiEugenio 3 3,126 26-11-2019, 06:09 AM
  Jim Garrison: Some Unauthorized Comments on the State of the Union Jim DiEugenio 2 2,910 13-08-2019, 06:39 PM
  Jim Garrison vs NPR (The Beat Goes on Part 3) Jim DiEugenio 2 2,979 10-07-2019, 02:25 PM
  Released Garrison Files Lauren Johnson 3 4,148 09-05-2019, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson