Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bye bye Indy... farewell and fuck off
Britain Independent newspaper, now owned by Russian oligarch, Alexander Lebedev, has announced it is to stop printing and switch entirely to the internet. It's circulate has steadily dropped over the decades from a high of over 450,000 to the current day daily circulation of 30,000 - a fraction of the circulation of the weekly magazine Private Eye.

Shit happens....

To shit.

If it had tried to be honest and honestly report news, things might have been so different, but the internet has shown people how to tap into far more accurate news sources that are absence an agenda.

So farewell Indy, you were poor to start and got worse and worse and worse.

Next.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
Their magazine division aggressively sought to put a magazine I edited out of business, eventually succeeding. Then they recruited me. I had a family to support, so I bit my lip and worked for them for seven or so years, hating them all the time. Smug wankers. Well said DG; good riddance!
Basically just another megaphone for the foreign office with a couple of Independent journalists like Robert Fisk and Mark Steel.

James, what ugly bastadry they did to you. So typical of corporate thugs in all aspects of life. Walmart, supermarkets, bottle shops. Also like when they expect the existing workforce to train their replacements. Pathological.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Better than some and as good as others, yeah - "fuck you Indy".

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8070&stc=1]

Attached Files
.jpg   cash finger.jpg (Size: 43.07 KB / Downloads: 7)
Martin Luther King - "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Albert Camus - "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion".
Douglas MacArthur — "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Albert Camus - "Nothing is more despicable than respect based on fear."