Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lone-nutter conversion story
How many of you have encountered the come-to-Jesus story told by Lone-nutters on the internet? You know - "I used to believe in a conspiracy until I saw the light, etc."

Here's a recent example from an Amazon comment debate I had:

"For years, I believed in a massive conspiracy in JFK's assassination-starting with Rush To Judgment, with the last CT book I beleived being Lifton's Best Evidence. And then I started to think and reason like an adult. I reasoned that any conspiracy so vast as to include literally HUNDREDS of conspirators from more than a dozen; city, county, state, federal, and private organization was impossible to conceal for decades. And then I dug deeper into this morass of conflicting 'theories' and discovered how we had all been lied to-not by some vague and ominous THEY, but by these many oh-so-courageous authors. For example: ask ANY medical doctor whether it is possible to conceal post-mortem wound alterations from even the lowliest pathologist, and you will discover that they all find the idea absurd. This inspired me to sort through the avalanche of 'revelations' with a more critical eye. Men like Lane, Marrs, Lifton, et al, are charlatans who've made a fortune stirring the conspiracy pot for lots of emotionally incomplete, and intellectually hobbled folks. Let's face it, have you ever met a committed CT'er who wasn't (almost cripplingly) obsessive by nature? ... Whether you can step out (as did I a couple of decades ago) of the conspiracy maelstrom and do some honest research is doubtful, but I'm still holding out hope for you TLR....*SIGH* It seems that all dedicated CT'ers always refer to the regiment of dishonest Conspiracy authors in furthering their own conspiracy fantasies..."

Note the fixation on Marrs, Lane and Lifton, and their alleged "fortunes" made from their books. The better researchers, and their poor church-mouse operations are never mentioned. Further argument leads to concern trolling on their part:

"
Your seething paranoia is glaring. I honestly wish you well. I suspect that your life is not a pleasant one...I sense that you are a professional Conspiracy Theorist. How do you feel about 911? Aliens? Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor? If you cling to conspiracies in any of these grand events, you expose the type of personality that you have. I doubt that you will, but I recommend stepping back for a moment and reflecting on this mindset."

Finally, the debate exposes the LNer's basic ignorance of the subject, their tendency to copy and paste crap from LNer sites, and degenerates into hysterical, vicious name-calling from the LNer, which Amazon deleted or I would happily quote it for you.

I think all of us have seen more than a few variations of this tactic over the years. It really brings a smile to my face whenever I run into it.
Quote:"Your seething paranoia is glaring. I honestly wish you well. I suspect that your life is not a pleasant one...I sense that you are a professional Conspiracy Theorist. How do you feel about 911? Aliens? Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor? If you cling to conspiracies in any of these grand events, you expose the type of personality that you have. I doubt that you will, but I recommend stepping back for a moment and reflecting on this mindset."

Finally, the debate exposes the LNer's basic ignorance of the subject, their tendency to copy and paste crap from LNer sites, and degenerates into hysterical, vicious name-calling from the LNer, which Amazon deleted or I would happily quote it for you.

I suspect this guy's a liberal? LMAO!
Scott Kaiser Wrote:
Quote:"Your seething paranoia is glaring. I honestly wish you well. I suspect that your life is not a pleasant one...I sense that you are a professional Conspiracy Theorist. How do you feel about 911? Aliens? Roosevelt and Pearl Harbor? If you cling to conspiracies in any of these grand events, you expose the type of personality that you have. I doubt that you will, but I recommend stepping back for a moment and reflecting on this mindset."

And you would be wrong, Scott. His half-dozen book reviews were pro-Republican, anti-Obama. I asked him what he thought about Trump and his conspiracy theories, and all I got was crickets after that.
Oh, yes. Definitely seen them. Like Born Again Christians. And just as deluded.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Scott Kaiser Wrote:

And you would be wrong, Scott. His half-dozen book reviews were pro-Republican, anti-Obama. I asked him what he thought about Trump and his conspiracy theories, and all I got was crickets after that.

I don't know anything about him or his political views, I was just making a joke since it seems to me this guy doesn't swing either way, he talks about CT'ers and LN'ers, as if he were a liberal. Not taking either side, hey! You should have asked him if he thought Kennedy was still alive walking some mall with Elvis? LMAO!
Magda Hassan Wrote:Oh, yes. Definitely seen them. Like Born Again Christians. And just as deluded.

Actually, I think most of them never believed in a conspiracy in the first place, but they tell the story because they think it gives them some credibility. "I got over being a conspiracy theorist, and you can too!"
linked to David Atlee Phillips who were spreading false Oswald-Castro and Oswald -KGB stories based on the Mexico City deception. The Dallas PD was ready to charge Oswald with assassinating JFK as part of the the "international communist conspiracy" until LBJ pleaded with them not to do that. The whole lone nut myth was spun out of whole cloth to prevent the real conspirators' false flag scheme from being realized. I guess your "friend" on the Amazon site isn't aware of this.

And the Castro/KGB conspiracy slant is making a comeback in the form of a limited hangout from hacks like Shenon who see the lone nut ice melting beneath their feet.
I happen to be a Christian. I take offense to your remarks.
"All that is necessary for tyranny to succeed is for good men to do nothing." (unknown)

James Tracy: "There is sometimes an undue amount of paranoia among some conspiracy researchers that can contribute to flawed observations and analysis."

Gary Cornwell (Dept. Chief Counsel HSCA): "A fact merely marks the point at which we have agreed to let investigation cease."

Alan Ford: "Just because you believe it, that doesn't make it so."
Tracy Riddle Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:Oh, yes. Definitely seen them. Like Born Again Christians. And just as deluded.

Actually, I think most of them never believed in a conspiracy in the first place, but they tell the story because they think it gives them some credibility. "I got over being a conspiracy theorist, and you can too!"

I was just about to say the same thing Tracy. I don't even engage them as it is just time wasted. You cannot study this case and continue to believe the official lie.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:
Tracy Riddle Wrote:

I was just about to say the same thing Tracy. I don't even engage them as it is just time wasted. You cannot study this case and continue to believe the official lie.

Anyone can "study" the case, and I'm sure there are some who have for nearly fifty years. I'm interested in hearing from them what they've learned. There is no test, no questionnaire, no true or false answers, all there is, is common sense.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vince Bugliosi: The Whole Story Jim DiEugenio 65 49,633 19-07-2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Jim DiEugenio
  New Story about Albert Osborne John Kowalski 14 20,747 02-08-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Alan Ford
  AOL story "Clint Hill clearly hears the third shot" taken off line within 1 hour. Drew Phipps 0 2,031 25-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  Opinions on Roscoe White story? Edwin Ortiz 73 32,425 19-04-2015, 06:52 PM
Last Post: David Josephs
  The four types of lone-nutters Tracy Riddle 0 2,278 11-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  Cover Story Herbert Blenner 0 1,812 09-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Herbert Blenner
  Breaking: Ford : "it wasn't a lone assassin. It was a plot William Reymond 7 7,217 23-11-2013, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  NYT Running Their Stupid Umbrella Man Story Agin… PLEASE POST TRUTH on Nathaniel Heidenheimer 0 1,947 22-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  Vince Palamara -- Self-Described "Lone Nutter" -- Set to Strike Again Charles Drago 56 15,969 08-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Last Post: Cliff Varnell
  Bill O'Reilly and the LN -- Lone Nailer -- Theory Charles Drago 1 2,340 22-02-2013, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo