Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Intercept on a third way in Syria
The article written by a Syrian "activist" who has lost so many other activist friends points out there is another alternative to the two choices of Assad and Islamic radicals. Of course, he claims that when the revolution started they had no clear idea what they wanted but the spoke out to conquer their fear. This kind of reasoning would be a standard motif of the color revolution. And what is left out is that the student revolts as sponsored by the US Embassy and dark money were the planned precursors to the military invasions.

The article is crap. Quotes:

Quote:Jerf is only one of the innumerable Syrian revolutionary activists who have lost their lives over the past five years. An editor and documentarian, he helped train a generation of young Syrians to continue the fight for democracy in their country. But his story, and the stories of those like him who continue the spirit of the 2011 uprising, rarely register in broader narratives of the conflict. For all they have sacrificed, their struggles have gone largely ignored, in a framing of the conflict that has been convenient for the Assad government.

Leila Shami, co-author of the book "Burning Country: Syrians in Revolution and War," told me, "The Syrian government has taken huge efforts to frame the conflict as one solely between themselves and extremist groups. People are not aware that there is a third option in Syria, that there are many Syrians from a wide range of backgrounds who are still fighting for the original goals of the revolution."
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
I read a lot of responses. The author was just ripped a new one.
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl
Lauren Johnson Wrote:The article is crap. Quotes:

Indeed it is.

Lauren Johnson Wrote:I read a lot of responses. The author was just ripped a new one.

Deserving.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BBC's Panorama pretext for war in Syria Paul Rigby 0 8,911 16-02-2017, 01:03 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Media coverage of events in Syria. Magda Hassan 32 45,765 20-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Turkey False-Flag Operation Against Syria Exposed - Youtube Blocked In Turkey Peter Lemkin 3 4,204 02-04-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  In Syria, al Jazeera’s Credibility Implodes Keith Millea 9 6,727 09-07-2013, 03:31 AM
  Bahrain versus Syria. Who gets the west's attention and resources? Magda Hassan 5 4,957 26-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Christer Forslund
  Distorted Barbara Walters interview with Syria's Bashar exposed for what it is. Magda Hassan 1 3,100 10-12-2011, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Danny Jarman
  Reuters officially apologizes to Syria for providing false images, fabricating news on Syria events Magda Hassan 0 2,997 01-06-2011, 02:07 PM