Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Armstrong's Milestone Essay: The FBI and the Framing of Oswald
This essay by John Armstrong created a real ruckus when we first published it about two decades ago in Probe.

It still has a lot of force to it because John showed how the FBI actually falsified the record with black and white evidence. Which really could not be disputed.

To my knowledge, no on had down this before, at least to the extent John did. It showed that the FBI, which was the chief investigator for the WC, was directly involved in the falsification of the record.

https://kennedysandking.com/archive-classics

And BTW, when done scroll down and look at the CTKA classics. There is some real gold there.
This is a better link to this important essay:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kenne...-of-oswald
Invaluable. Thanks for sharing it again.
My pleasure Joe.

I will never forget the reaction we got at Probe when we first printed it.

It was like, wow, who would have guessed Hoover was that bad.
Armstrong's best evidence is his Harvey & Lee material in my opinion.
I have just read the John Armstrong article. One thing that struck me was the FBI convincing Ruth Paine to state that the Minox camera was hers (or theirs). Why would an alleged "suburban housewife" have a Minox?
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:This is a better link to this important essay:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kenne...-of-oswald

The alacrity with which the FBI coverup began is most revealing. There's only three possibilities I can think of to explain this:

1. They were in on it.
2. They knew it was going to happen and who was behind it.
3. They knew all about Oswald and when he was identified as the suspect they knew they had to fix the case.

I lean towards #3 but can't really rule out #2.

I wonder if the other potential patsies (Vallee, Lopez) would have elicited the same response or required as complex a cover-up as merging the identities of two intelligence operatives.
I agree with you, I think its number three also.
Andrew Ward Wrote:I have just read the John Armstrong article. One thing that struck me was the FBI convincing Ruth Paine to state that the Minox camera was hers (or theirs). Why would an alleged "suburban housewife" have a Minox?

Why indeed. But was she just a 'suburban housewife'?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
The Paines did this at the request of J. Edgar Hoover working through local agent Bardwell Odum.

Carol Hewitt wrote one of her finest articles on the Paines on this subject. Its even better than Armstrong's work on the subject. It is in the Probe anthology, The Assassinations. Or the Probe collection onCD. Which in my opinion is the best 35 bucks you can spend in this case.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 259 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 294 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 326 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  Thomas Kelley reports Oswald said he did not view parade Richard Gilbride 1 347 26-09-2023, 04:31 PM
  Advancing Armstrong - Putting The Puzzle Pieces Together In The Lobby Brian Doyle 21 2,181 24-08-2023, 03:39 PM
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 368 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
  The REAL reason Oswald went to Irving on 11.21.63 Gil Jesus 1 459 15-06-2023, 03:46 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 607 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 441 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM
  Oswald and the Shot at Walker Jim DiEugenio 1 559 24-03-2023, 04:35 PM