Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Given the author, I will certainly look into this book...
Larry has a very good research record. While I personally don't believe that 'UFOs' are extraterrestrial, I do believe they were a real phenomenon [or should I say stealth test craft] and the cover-up entailed the military and intelligence community building up the 'if you saw one you were crazy and a 'conspiracy nut' and no one sane and in touch with reality would believe in them or you'......Haven't yet read it or any reviews....but knowing and having lots of the Air Force docs on 'UFOs' and one photo of one [built in Europe in 1944 - with an engineer (human) standing proudly next to it in a hangar], I'll be interested in what Larry has uncovered.....

Quote:Larry Hancock's new book, "Unidentified The National Intelligence Problem of UFOs" is now available on Amazon and other bookstores.

For over three decades, military and civilian intelligence groups have employed conventional and technical intelligence methods to resolve what was officially stated to be a serious security and air defense problem.

Those well-established tactics failed, frustrating those involved and creating serious public relations and credibility problems for the U.S. Air Force. Ultimately the only solution to the UFO quandary was to abandon it. In the end, the intelligence challenge of highly anomalous unknowns unconventional aerial objects internally and confidentially described in both Air Force and CIA reports as national security threats had literally beaten the system.

The conclusion appears inescapable that some type of flying object has been sighted. Identification and the origin of these objects is not discernible at this Headquarters.
Major General G.P. Cabell, Director of Intelligence, U.S. Air Force, November 3, 1948

"Unidentified" explores that intelligence failure, beginning with World War II and continuing through three decades of official inquiries. It also profiles the events including inter-service and inter-agency political posturing which prevented the issue from being elevated to a level of true national security tasking.

The ongoing Air Force decision to study the crisis at the singular level of individual incidents and the larger failure to assign the broader intelligence community with a longer term, strategic analysis of security-related UFO activities ensured that the fundamental subject was not addressed. The end result was nothing more than over a thousand highly unconventional and anomalous UFO reports officially classified and archived as Unknowns.

Sightings of unidentified flying objects at great altitudes and traveling in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such a nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles.
Marshall Chadwell, Assistant Director, Office of Scientific Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency,
December,1952

In "Unidentified", Larry Hancock turns to the strategic intelligence practices better known as indications analysis that were not detailed to the national intelligence community. He presents a series of indications studies which suggest something very different from the official Air Force statement on UFOs. In these studies, "Unidentified" examines and details patterns of UFO activity strongly implying that unknown parties actively probed America's strategic military capabilities at the same time demonstrating an undeniable ability to project force against the nation's atomic war-fighting complex. Beyond that, the operational patterns in the UFO activities revealed in the analysis also indicate a clear effort at messaging, one which appears to have failed.

Alert message from Commander in Chief NORAD to all units suspicious objects have been recently sighted at Loring AFB, Wurthsmith AFB, Malmstrom AFB and the Canadian Air Force station at Falconbridge, Canada. Attempts at interception and identification with Air Guard helicopters, SAC helicopters, and NORAD F-106 interceptors have all failed.
NORAD Command Directors Log, November 11, 1975
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
So far, this is the only review that was done by the publisher - so biased, and hints little at the findings....
Quote:"Unidentified: The Intelligence Problem of UFOs/ is a tantalizing book that takes a different look at the history of UFOs. The book approaches the sightings of UFOs beginning in the 1940s in the way an intelligence agency or military body would examine the information at hand. Is there a threat? Are these reconnaissance flights? What type of information could they be gathering? These are the types of questions addressed and it makes the reader consider the UFO issue from a completely different light. /Unidentified/ is an enjoyable book that will challenge your view of the UFO phenomenon."- Robert Powell, Co-author of UFOs and Government: A Historical Inquiry, Director of Research and head of the Science Review Board for the Mutual UFO Network, member of the Society for Scientific Exploration, and the UFODATA Project.[/FONT]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
These reports have been going on for a very long time. If Hancock's thesis is valid, we would have to wonder what kind of uses are intended?
"We'll know our disinformation campaign is complete when everything the American public believes is false." --William J. Casey, D.C.I

"We will lead every revolution against us." --Theodore Herzl

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Author of 'Chaos' Tom O'Neill on Joe Rogan Ivan De Mey 1 2,949 31-03-2021, 04:21 AM
Last Post: Rolf Zaeschmar
  My "Surviveandheal15" 10-Book Recommended Reading List George Williams 0 2,668 24-01-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: George Williams
  Did anyone ever make a kid's book about the JFK assassination? Carsten Wiethoff 5 3,542 17-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Carsten Wiethoff
  Book search // The Garrison enquiry: Truth & consequences: Joachim Joesten Alex Cruceru 3 11,162 31-07-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  New Book On JFK and Who QJ/WIN might have been Peter Lemkin 9 20,913 04-01-2018, 03:27 PM
  Sibel Edmonds’ new book, 'Classified Woman' Magda Hassan 3 13,880 26-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith
  Doug Valentine's New Book - CIA as Organized Crime Peter Lemkin 3 20,192 24-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  New Book: "From the War on Poverty to the War on Crime” by Elizabeth Hinton Drew Phipps 0 4,439 19-09-2016, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  The Rockefeller File (not new): Book divulges 'shocking' and 'frightening' secrets about the Rockefe Drew Phipps 0 3,637 18-09-2016, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  New book/documentary Hillary's America: Just a political smear. or will there be new evidence? Drew Phipps 2 6,149 12-07-2016, 05:33 AM