Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Enemy Within: The Rise and Fall of the Alliance for Progress
New article by a new writer at Kennedys and King.

The Alliance for Progress is mostly overlooked even by historians. But it was an important program that really had some serious achievements. But the key thing about it was what it tried to do in Latin America. Which was really unprecedented. Of course, like most of the good things JFK attempted, it did not last long after Dallas. If you read this article you will see how and why it was ended.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kenne...r-progress
Jim DiEugenio Wrote:New article by a new writer at Kennedys and King.

The Alliance for Progress is mostly overlooked even by historians. But it was an important program that really had some serous achievements. But the key thing about it was what it tried to do in Latin America. Which was really unprecedented. Of course, like most of the good things JFK attempted, it did not last long after Dallas. If you read this article you will see how and why it was ended.

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kenne...r-progress

That was a most excellent article thy posted, Jim. Much of this was discussed in AJ Weberman's 'Coup d'etat' thousand-page discourse, but most of the research was done by Mssr. Canfield. All of AJ's contribution was his Hemming interviews. Where is AJ now? Still searching through garbage? What say you? Signed, Perplexed in Paris.
Well, I guess if one has to be perplexed, Paris is a good place to be so.

BTW, how was the Canfield/ Weberman book a thousand pages long? Did I miss an edition?

Thanks anyway. I thought Mike did a nice job on the subject of the Alliance for Progress myself.

And again, interesting how LBJ and RMN put the kabosh on it.

As I said in an interview with David Giglio, LBJ and then RMN put Kennedy's foreign policy in a museum.
Another excellent read, Mr. DiEugenio, what a fine stable of thoroughbred writers you folks have over at Kennedys & King. JFK ='s Progress forward for all humankind.

@ LBJ ----> Given the BIG shoes he had to follow, as he painfully emerged slowly out of a winsome leader's long shadow & enduring legacy, the great pretender LBJ simply had little choice but to reign in anything that would have his bold & dynamic predecessor continue to brilliantly shine.
LBJ simply was not the foreign policy visionary that JFK was.

Not even close. So when he said, "Let us continue" it was with the domestic programs JFK had started.

But then even those began to get closed down and limited after the Indochina War heated up and started gobbling up the budget.

I am pretty sure LBJ was the first president to borrow from Social Security to balance the budget.
Spot on, Mr. DiEugenio

No great surprise that someone of LBJ's ilk would sulk and slink away from global brotherhood and aspire for a peaceful coexistence.

No great surprise he put the hawkish warmongers greed over the hardworking taxpayers simply building a future nest egg for the latter years.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Decline and Fall of Jim Fetzer Jim DiEugenio 132 65,712 18-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Richard Coleman
  CTKA takes "Another Look at Enemy of the Truth" Alan Dale 1 2,717 11-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Daniel Gallup
  "Enemy of the Truth" by Sherry P. Fiester [a review] Greg Burnham 1 4,155 17-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Daniel Gallup
  Enemy of the Truth: Myths, Forensics, and the Kennedy Assassination, Sherry P. Fiester Alan Dale 22 14,373 29-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Tracy Riddle
  The Ignorati at EF and Their Enabling of the Enemy Charles Drago 9 5,823 05-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Last Post: LR Trotter
  The Rise of the Naifs: The Attack, Phase Two, Begins Charles Drago 9 5,801 27-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  The Rise of the Naifs: Fostering and Exploiting False Perceptions of DPF Vulnerabilities Charles Drago 18 8,134 24-02-2012, 05:27 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Nsam273 a work in progress by gregory burnham Bernice Moore 0 2,094 26-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Oliver Stone says US In Denial Of JFK Assassination, Hitler's Rise Myra Bronstein 3 3,692 26-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith