Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is this TV Show About? .. and
What is going on in this TV show?

"Eliza Dushku plays a young woman called Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls". The Dolls are people whose personalities and existence in the outside world have been wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas. Contents of an imprint may include semantic memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, as appropriate for different assignments (referred to as engagements). The new persona can be an amalgam of several real people, and the end result necessarily incorporates both strengths and flaws from the template personalities. The Actives are then hired out for particular jobs, which can be anything from crimes to fantasies to the occasional good deed. On engagements, Actives are monitored internally (and remotely) by Handlers. In between engagements they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The Dollhouse is located somewhere in Los Angeles and is a subsidiary of a mysterious research group known as the Rossum Corporation.

The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.[6][7]

The show also focuses on the employees of the mysterious "Dollhouse," including the manager of the Dollhouse, Adelle DeWitt (Olivia Williams), Echo's Handler Boyd Langton (Harry Lennix), and the in-house computer scientist Topher Brink (Fran Kranz), as well as two other "Dolls" named Sierra and Victor (played by Dichen Lachman and Enver Gjokaj), who are friendly with and often seem to remember Echo. The names of Actives are simply letters in the phonetic alphabet. Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers who work for a period of five years, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat on one end from Paul Ballard (Tahmoh Penikett), a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the Dolls, and on the other end from a rogue Active named "Alpha".[7]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollhouse_%28TV_series%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesopian_Language
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Ed

I'm far from the most knowledgeable about the whole MKULTRA - MONARCH etc 'mind control' issue on DPF having only recently become interested in it. I have spent a good few hours on it though. It is a vast subject and one strewn with pitfalls for any researcher solicitous for his/her own sanity, not to mention credibility in what passes for normal polite society. The problem is certainly more acute than for 911 and other 'official narrative' debunkers for example.

That said I personally have no doubt that vast effort has been and is being applied to mind control, with much of it involving the grossest of abusive treatment of subjects, both by the SIS's and certain Cults - for want of a better word.

It would be interesting to see who is behind the series - exec-producer(s) writers etc - because from your description its inspiration is straight out of shadow mind control literature, books like Brice Taylor's 'Thanks for the Memories' and Donald Bain's 'The Control of Candy Jones'.

The whole issue is deeply problematical for any research based on the credibility of evidence/testimony provided by 'survivors'. This is because 'survivors' (ie those whose control is breaking down for one reason or another) are just so damaged and imbued with provably false memories alongside the real ones - with the real ones appearing just too revolting and or fantastic to be taken seriously by the average Joe - that 'story-telling' becomes one of the more powerful and less reputation-damaging ways of exposing the issue to the light of day.

The question is 'whose interests is that series REALLY intended to serve?' because, whilst it may be passed off as frivolous sci-fi type entertainment, it sure as hell ain't frivolous to many Deep State interests.

It really is a smoke and mirrors world. I know Jan and/or David G can probably add to it more authoritatively than I.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Ed, Peter et al - I spent 13 years of my life working for the BBC. I've researched, writen, produced and directed lots of documentary films, and I've also had a spell as a cog in the system, working for the Number Two person in BBC Network Television.

All MSM corporations are under extensive influence and/or pressure from the ruling elites. However, that doesn't mean that the individuals working for MSM are all lackey slaves.

Take the X-Files tv series for instance. Was it a fiendish mind control plot preparing us for alien invasion? Or a creative musing about factual subject matter explored, for instance, in Martin Cannon's unpublished manuscript, The Controllers?

Both questions may be answered in the affirmative. However, my own view is that answering "yes" to the second question would be more correct.

Now, once a "story" such as the X-Files is out there, can it be used to influence the population?

Yes. Absolutely.

I've frequently mused on classic stories such as the Wizard of Oz and L'Oiseau Bleu on DPF.

Am I suggesting that they were written as mind control templates?

No.

Am I suggesting that once they had entered the culture and the collective unconscious, these narratives could be used for nefarious purposes?

Yes. Absolutely.
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war
Peter, you're reaction is pretty solid. I don't consider myself an expert on the subject matter (though I have and continue to read about it), and my reaction was one of alarm. What caught my eye was the Wikipedia description posted, as well as a claim by LilyPatTwo that the name Colin Ross, M.D. showed up in the credits of "The United States of Tara".

Given the discussions about the validity of abuse memories, FMSF, the debate about multiple personalities versus disassociative identity disorder, etc. etc., it deserved some scrutiny.

I discovered the TV show sub-topic (I don't watch much TV, and certainly little of Fox) in a thread here: http://www.rigorousintuition.ca/board/vi...hp?t=22346

There is follow-up discussion there, and an off-shoot or two. Here are some teasers:
Dollhouse premiere episode 'Ghost' reaches #1 download on iTunes

The premiere episode of Dollhouse, starring Eliza Dushku, was the #1 downloaded TV show on iTunes on Monday, according to tvbythenumbers.com.

That’s an impressive feat considering the fact that the show is available to view for free at hulu.com and fox.com.

Plus the fact that one could have DVR’d the show, downloaded a torrent or grabbed it from usenet.

There is also a second show discused: "The United States of Tara"

From http://ritualabuse.us [/FONT]

The vast majority of people who exhibit symptoms of DID are not faking. In fact, most persons with DID minimize and try to hide their symptoms.

In January of 2009, Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company, launched a new television series - the United States of Tara. Toni Colette, an Oscar nominatee, plays Tara, a woman who suffers from Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID)....United States of Tara is the first television series ever produced with Dissociative Identity Disorder as its focus. Given this, ISSTD is presented with a unique opportunity to provide education to the public about a misunderstood psychiatric illness. Our mission as an organization is to provide education regarding the dissociative disorders and to promote the effective treatment of clients with these disorders. In response to the United States of Tara, ISSTD will be providing answers to questions about DID, as well as a professional commentary regarding each episode of the show based on our research and clinical experience. In their development of the series, the producers and script writers of United States of Tara have consulted extensively with experts in the dissociative disorders field. We hope that the show, along with our educational efforts, will ultimately facilitate understanding of DID and the struggles and challenges that individuals with DID face in their daily lives. http://www.isst-d.org/education/united_s...mation.htm

[/FONT] Frequently asked questions about Dissociative Disorders - The vast majority of people who exhibit symptoms of DID are not faking. In fact, most persons with DID minimize and try to hide their symptoms. http://www.isst-d.org/education/US-Tara-...orders.htm

United States of Tara - Learn More About D.I.D. - Showtime supports the awareness for Dissociative Identity Disorder with Richard P. Kluft MD http://www.sho.com/site/video/brightcove...6803420001.

In the thread at RI:

Hugh Manatee Wins said:
Tactic:
Got a scandal? Turn its memes into an amusement park ride which further reinforces the participants inclination to obey the carnie for a good time.

Peartreedsaid:
The United States of Tara appears to be setting about to turn Dissociative Disorder or Multiple Personality sufferers into human containers of comedic caricatures as alters. Sort of like a loaded clown car in a circus.

While alter personalities or identities in reality are protective constructs created by unconscious reactions to trauma and abuse, and thus take the form of somewhat damaged, different and diverse individuals within the victim multiple, this particular show appears to be creating, instead, a range of comic neurotics within the wife who will emerge to comedically entertain the audience with extremes in shocking nonconformity.

If this becomes the only popular representation of the DID/MPD victim to inform an otherwise mostly ignorant populace, it will marginalize and denigrate the real victims of mind control splitting, like MK Ultra trauma abuse, to be perceived similarly as zany housewives full of cartoon caricatures.

Marmot says:
“MPD/DID is a national security concern: wouldn't it be nice to have a series in place wherein 'they' can direct and contain the instructing character of the show. The show's didactic intent is quite obvious. The psy-op is the showing of what MPD/DID is.

IMO: USoT is not the the good ole United States of America, although Tara is an American. USoT is the United States of Tara. I'm sure an echoic "Terror" was intentional. But Tara is also identical sounding to Terra---the Latin word for Earth. United States of Earth. Message: America has been broken up and is now a citizen of Earth.

The name of the series--on the surface--is a slick work of psy-ops. If we were to study the depths of the programs I'm sure we'd find more direct evidences of propagendas and other operational intents. One such intent is to show a character that has only four alters, not thousands as there could otherwise be. This is misdirection of DSM-IV proportions.”

Professorpan says:
“The reflexive "if it's a tv show/movie/book about x, it must be psyops!" stuff is tiresome and unproductive. Writers and producers are human beings like us, and many of them are interested/fascinated/appalled/concerned about the same things we are, and those concerns come out in their art. (Of course, if you buy into the CIA OWNZ YER TVZ! thinking, then no need to read further.)

It's also important to remember that a depiction of subject X in popular entertainment may open minds, and not just deceive. A silly tv show may lead someone to inquire more deeply into a marginalized subject. I've seen it happen.”

--

What struck me was something similar... that there is a move afoot to create cultural acceptance of certain things as a maskirovka for the real action... so that when someone says "look over here", the public reaction is to yawn and say that it's just another crazy variation on that crazy TV show they saw. It's also what I smell inside some viral marketing and alternate reality games [see http://z7.invisionfree.com/E_Pluribus_Un...topic=8206 where I am Magmak1], [read the bios of the authors of the paper "Storytelling in new media: The case of alternate reality games"] and it is all resonant with something I've read recently about the purpose of propaganda being not to persuade, but to create confusion and resignation in the minds of the target people.

[Magda: If you want to move this thread, go ahead. I didn't want to color the reaction too soon by putting the question in a category.]
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Ed Jan et al

There's clearly a difficult balance to strike here.

From the points made in the discussion thread posted by Ed - as between 'Professorpan' on the one hand and an amalgam of the rest on the other - I judge the balance to be in reality's ball-park. By that I mean that there are undoubtedly dedicated people working to provide solid and deeply educational material to the public through such story telling, but that those in control of overall production hold so many trump cards that such efforts are often greatly undermined or even turned to their opposite.

The underlying subject matter in this case is so vexatious and of such massive importance to major Deep-State power interests that I doubt either of the two productions involved - or The X Files for that matter - could have hit network TV in the US without those interests having had a major hand in it. They may not have got everything they were after; they may even have had to fight a rearguard action so to speak. But I'm damn sure that, at the very least, they haven't suddenly found themselves dealing with something they were not good and sure how to handle beforehand.
Peter Presland

".....there is something far worse than Nazism, and that is the hubris of the Anglo-American fraternities, whose routine is to incite indigenous monsters to war, and steer the pandemonium to further their imperial aims"
Guido Preparata. Preface to 'Conjuring Hitler'[size=12][size=12]
"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"
Claud Cockburn

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Ed Jewett Wrote:IMO: USoT is not the the good ole United States of America, although Tara is an American. USoT is the United States of Tara. I'm sure an echoic "Terror" was intentional. But Tara is also identical sounding to Terra---the Latin word for Earth. United States of Earth. Message: America has been broken up and is now a citizen of Earth.

Ed, speaking entirely intuitively, I harbour a mild suspicion that "Tara" might be a name knowingly chosen from the Celtic mythologies of the Faery people aka Tuatha De Danaan whose capital city is said to be underneath the Hill of Tara in County Neath, Ireland.

Many of those involved in (shall we say for the sake of argument) occult inspired neo-nazi activities have a fondness for Synarchy and consequently things Druidic, and the subject of the Tuatha De Danaan crops up quite frequently in those circles.

From a mind control aspect (not entirely different ground) having location/place "underneath", "underground", "underwater" etc., all point (purposely indirectly) to places (complexes/Archetypes) in the Collective Unconscious.

It is my belief that the US spychiatrists who took and adapted Nazi "science" of mind control - gathered initially in the death camps of WWII - coupled this with some of the breakthroughs in understanding of the human psyche garnered by occult groups, plus some of Jung's own notable breakthroughs in shedding a bright shining light on the Collective Unconscious, and used the results to found a new bastard covert science aimed at manipulating and ultimately controlling the individual human mind and, more significantly still, the Collective Mind of mankind.

This is why I always tend to link together apparently diverse subjects such as mind control, UFO's, the occult, Nazi era activities, Atlantean mythology, Agarttha/Shambala, Hollow Earth stories etc etc.

It is possible that the writers unconsciously chose the name but I think it more likely it was chosen with foreknowledge. Media types, especially those in film and TV, have a deep fondness for occult-y subjects - as can be seen from any number of blockbuster films - Matrix being a fairly recent example.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NBC show American Odyssey Sundays 9 EST Drew Phipps 1 3,669 13-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Saudi Regime SLAMED On George Galloway Show Magda Hassan 0 2,279 28-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan