Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The shoe bomber-NOT
I Love Happy Endings.Laugh Laugh Laugh

A Hero's Welcome, Plus Mercedes Limo

by Abby Zimet
[Image: more_shoes_jalili20090902115949671.jpg]
When he is released from prison on Monday, Muntazer al-Zaidi - who hurled his shoes at George Bush with the now-famous "This is your farewell kiss, you dog" - will be hailed as a hero and inundated with gifts for his act of defiance. Along with the new home his boss built for him, he has been offered new cars, the daughters of various wealthy Iraqis and a gold-saddled horse.
"He is a David and Goliath figure," said salesman Salah al-Janabi. "When the history books are written, they will look back on this episode with great acclaim. Al-Zaidi's shoes were his slingshot."

:dancing2:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
Keith Millea Wrote:I Love Happy Endings.Laugh Laugh Laugh

A Hero's Welcome, Plus Mercedes Limo

by Abby Zimet
[Image: more_shoes_jalili20090902115949671.jpg]
When he is released from prison on Monday, Muntazer al-Zaidi - who hurled his shoes at George Bush with the now-famous "This is your farewell kiss, you dog" - will be hailed as a hero and inundated with gifts for his act of defiance. Along with the new home his boss built for him, he has been offered new cars, the daughters of various wealthy Iraqis and a gold-saddled horse.
"He is a David and Goliath figure," said salesman Salah al-Janabi. "When the history books are written, they will look back on this episode with great acclaim. Al-Zaidi's shoes were his slingshot."

:dancing2:

It is too bad more Americans didn't do some equivalent gesture to Herr W. [By the way, shoes are a sign of utmost contempt when thrown or given to a person who one loathes in Arab societies.]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Quote:"This is your farewell kiss, you dog"

It is so perfect.Pure poetry...........:tee:
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
I'm still amazed at how good recovering alcoholic and cocaine fiend Dubya's reflexes were as he dodged the flying shoes.

Indeed, Dubya's reactions were far superior to those of the dozy Secret Service.

NB I am not drawing any broader geopolitical conclusions from this musing. Confusedmokin:
"It means this War was never political at all, the politics was all theatre, all just to keep the people distracted...."
"Proverbs for Paranoids 4: You hide, They seek."
"They are in Love. Fuck the War."

Gravity's Rainbow, Thomas Pynchon

"Ccollanan Pachacamac ricuy auccacunac yahuarniy hichascancuta."
The last words of the last Inka, Tupac Amaru, led to the gallows by men of god & dogs of war

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nigerian Plane Underpants Bomber - Mind Control Suspect? LIHOP? Peter Lemkin 75 45,878 30-12-2015, 10:08 AM
Last Post: David Guyatt
  "Birmingham six" bomber calls for real culprits t come forward David Guyatt 1 3,743 03-02-2014, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Ahem.... yawn....'shoe bomber' on Denver flight subdued by air marshall Magda Hassan 6 4,734 09-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett