Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Censorship at the Internationa Criminal Tribunal of the former Yugoslavia? Transcripts disappear.
An insidious attack on justice and openess. It is now aparently impossible for researchers and interested parties to access the transcripts of the trials of the International Criminal Tribunal of the former Yugoslavia at the Hauge. Nor are they permitting the dissemination of or use of these transcripts in any research if you can get access to them. This is outrageous as was the whole charde that went on here and now they want it covered up and away from prying eyes. I have tried but been unable to register.
All pages containing the "trials"' transcriptions have been removed from the website of the "ad-hoc Tribunal" in Den Haag - ICTY.
Those documents have been apparently moved to a reserved area, which can be accessed after online registration. The documents are now protected against non-personal use and their redistribution is said to be forbidden ("without any right to ... redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom": http://icr.icty.org/Registerform.aspx?e=...55lgjqqsy4 ).
These measures are nothing but the newest demonstration of the non-transparent and non-legal nature of the "ad-hoc Tribunal". We tried to register ourselves and get access to the pages, but without success. We invite all interested people to try registering themselves and to let us know if they can finally access the ICTY archive, or not.

Thanks.

CNJ-onlus

j u g o c o o r d @ t i s c a l i . i t
newsletter JUGOINFO: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crj-mailinglist/messages
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
From an email this morning on this matter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ICTY has adopted the same policy as the Rwanda tribunal which does not
post transcripts of the trials at all. None of the trial transcripts of
the illegal Rwanda trials are available to the public and never have been
available.

My position has been for a long time that unless the prisoners at both of
these illegal tribunals get together and condemn them, together, as a
system of imperial US and Nato oppression there is no point in complaining
about the actions of one of them.

Christopher Black
Chair, legal committee, ICDSM
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Yeah, many of the more unpleasant files of the South African Truth Commission are also available only, because they have been leaked by a dutch underground site.

I sincerely hope that Barack Obama can affect change regarding this policy for the upcoming United States Truth Commission.

Carsten
The most relevant literature regarding what happened since September 11, 2001 is George Orwell's "1984".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ghost banning and other censorship. Magda Hassan 2 5,813 11-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Censorship in totalitarian America: the bits omitted in the CBS interview with Putin Paul Rigby 6 18,331 30-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Copyright enforcement as modern day book burning and censorship Magda Hassan 3 4,566 30-04-2014, 01:21 AM
  Vein's are Closing, Only Capillary Dissidents are now permitted: Censorship of FULL SPECTRUM SITES Nathaniel Heidenheimer 0 2,246 31-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Nathaniel Heidenheimer
  (Video) "Perfect Storm of Internet Censorship" - The Corbett Report Ed Jewett 0 2,563 12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  No need to wait for Internet Censorship - it is already here in USA. Peter Lemkin 1 2,482 02-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Massive Censorship Of Digg Uncovered Magda Hassan 0 2,409 06-08-2010, 09:57 AM
  Google reveals government data requests and censorship Magda Hassan 2 3,753 15-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  How Google/YouTube censorship works Peter Presland 1 9,275 27-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  russian censorship Bernice Moore 14 7,640 30-10-2009, 07:57 AM