Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scientist claims Oswald picture not faked
Is this the start of the counterattack?

http://www.physorg.com/news176643721.html

Professor finds that iconic Oswald photo was not faked (w/ Video)

November 5, 2009 [Image: dartmouthpro.jpg]
Enlarge
The famous backyard photo of Lee Harvey Oswald.
(PhysOrg.com) -- Dartmouth Computer Scientist Hany Farid has new evidence regarding a photograph of accused John F. Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald. Farid, a pioneer in the field of digital forensics, digitally analyzed an iconic image of Oswald pictured in a backyard setting holding a rifle in one hand and Marxist newspapers in the other.

Oswald and others claimed that the incriminating photo was a fake, noting the seemingly inconsistent lighting and shadows. After analyzing the photo with modern-day forensic tools, Farid says the photo almost certainly was not altered.
"If we had found evidence of photo tampering, then it would have suggested a broader plot to kill JFK," said Farid, who is also the director of the Neukom Institute for Computational Science at Dartmouth. "Those who believe that there was a broader conspiracy can no longer point to this photo as possible evidence."
Farid added that federal officials long ago said that this image had not been tampered with, but a surprising number of skeptics still assert that there was a conspiracy.
The study will appear in a forthcoming issue of the journal Perception.

Farid and his team have developed a number of digital forensic tools used to determine whether digital photos have been manipulated, and his research is often used by law enforcement officials and in legal proceedings. The tools can measure statistical inconsistencies in the underlying image pixels, improbable lighting and shadow, physically impossible perspective distortion, and other artifacts introduced by photo manipulators. The play of light and shadow was fundamental in the Oswald photo analysis.
"The human brain, while remarkable in many aspects, also has its weaknesses," says Farid. "The visual system can be quite inept at making judgments regarding 3-D geometry, lighting, and shadows."
At a casual glance, the lighting and shadows in the Oswald photo appear to many to be incongruous with the outdoor lighting. To determine if this was the case, Farid constructed a 3-D model of Oswald's head and portions of the backyard scene, from which he was able to determine that a single light source, the sun, could explain all of the shadows in the photo.
"It is highly improbable that anyone could have created such a perfect forgery with the technology available in 1963," said Farid. With no evidence of tampering, he concluded that the incriminating photo was authentic.
"As our digital forensic tools become more sophisticated, we increasingly have the ability to apply them to historic photos in an attempt to resolve some long-standing mysteries," said Farid.
Source: Dartmouth College

Boxing
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
Buckminster Fuller
The near-simultaneous publications of Tom Wilson's materials and the upcoming Perception piece bring to mind an old, familiar query:

Coincidence or conspiracy?
There's a flurry of propaganda around November 22 every year. It's a tradition. The LBJ story a few days ago is part of the flurry.
I was warned by a knowledgeable source that the Wilson book has been known about in 'certain quarters' and 'countermeasures' prepared. You'll likely see lots more soon! And counter-countermeasures are planned from our side, as well. It is really sadly a war - truth v. untruths - as old as humankind. :burnout:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I was warned by a knowledgeable source that the Wilson book has been known about in 'certain quarters' and 'countermeasures' prepared. You'll likely see lots more soon! And counter-countermeasures are planned from our side, as well. It is really sadly a war - truth v. untruths - as old as humankind. :burnout:

Keith there is always a counter attack going on..for nearly 46 years now the never ending story it seems............as far as his study.h/s ....it would appear to me..that the 3D figure has shadows in places where none should exist so I have to believe that that's how the whole experiment went, just put them where you want them for the fun of it and see what turns up...but he has neglected the most important difference lho had a narrow somewhat pointed chin with a cleft, the photo has a square chin so very much like roscoe whites...b...coincidence again...
:dancing:
Peter Lemkin Wrote:I was warned by a knowledgeable source that the Wilson book has been known about in 'certain quarters' and 'countermeasures' prepared. You'll likely see lots more soon! And counter-countermeasures are planned from our side, as well. It is really sadly a war - truth v. untruths - as old as humankind. :burnout:

i just replied but it did not post.:trytofly:..in his study it appears to me the 3D figure has shadows in places where none should exist so I have to believe that that's how the whole experiment went, just put them where you want them...the most important he neglects is that lho had a somewhat narrow chin and a cleft the photo has a definite square chin much like roscoe's....:nurse:and he also neglected the anomaly of the dogs nose through the fence.so his eyes must not be what he thinks they are Cheersb..

Attached Files
.jpg   moore_backyard_3.jpg (Size: 44.39 KB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   moore_comp_site2.JPG (Size: 65.91 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   moore_bkyd_ghost_standin.jpg (Size: 49.88 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   moore_oswald-chin.jpg (Size: 27.65 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   moore_CE133close_nose.jpg (Size: 14.7 KB / Downloads: 6)
.jpg   moore_roscoewhite.jpg (Size: 63.18 KB / Downloads: 3)
plus the weather report for that day was that it rained and was cloudy that morning..and from jack's info...Reasons why the backyard photographs are faked.

(1) Same Lee Harvey Oswald face on 3 bodies.
(2) Chin is square, not pointed.
(3) Fingers are chopped off.
(4) Shadows are wrong.
(5) Left arm is too short.
(6) Rifle is wrong length
(7) Body is out of balance.
(8) Newspapers are wrong size.
(9) Rifle swivels are in the wrong place.

b..
Bernice Moore Wrote:plus the weather report for that day was that it rained and was cloudy that morning..and from jack's info...Reasons why the backyard photographs are faked.

(1) Same Lee Harvey Oswald face on 3 bodies.
(2) Chin is square, not pointed.
(3) Fingers are chopped off.
(4) Shadows are wrong.
(5) Left arm is too short.
(6) Rifle is wrong length
(7) Body is out of balance.
(8) Newspapers are wrong size.
(9) Rifle swivels are in the wrong place.

b..
.. annuder he has apparently studied this one photo..where from,? the archives a copy or original and so what about the other two..... somone expressed to me something along these lines these studies come out it appears regularly done by associates of institutions that get their funding from the government...anudder coincidence sure honeys..:aetsch:b..
lho said words to the effect not verbatim that they had superimposed his head on someone elses body, that he had worked with films camera work etc and that he would prove this ...he never had the time to prove it...yet marina still tells people she took the photos yet also says he is not guilty, she also told harrison livingstone that she took them but from the stairs not from where they are seen...i do wish the lady would come to terms getall of it it straight for her own and her daughter's sake and report any information that she has held back..and get it off her chest she seems like a nice woman i have read that many times from those who have met her but that does not help her nor them nor history that has been so bent out of shape........imo....:willy:
Bernice Moore Wrote:.. annuder he has apparently studied this one photo..where from the archives a copy or original and so what about the other two..... somone expressed to me something along these lines these studies come out it appears regularly done by associates of institutions that get their funding from the government...anudder coincidence sure honeys..:aetsch:b..
Wouldn't be the first time some idiot know it all came from Dartmouth.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the Government's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part III Gil Jesus 0 259 10-12-2023, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Gil Jesus
  Why the Govenment's Case Against Oswald is BS --- Part II Gil Jesus 1 295 28-11-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Brian Doyle
  Why the Government's case against Oswald is BS --- Part I Gil Jesus 1 327 15-11-2023, 04:55 PM
  Bart Kamp's 'Prayer Man More Than A Fuzzy Picture' Book Brian Doyle 1 322 27-09-2023, 03:30 PM
  Thomas Kelley reports Oswald said he did not view parade Richard Gilbride 1 349 26-09-2023, 04:31 PM
  Prayer Man More Than Just A Fuzzy Picture Brian Doyle 4 582 10-08-2023, 03:00 PM
  Evidence of Witness Tampering in the case against Oswald Gil Jesus 0 368 28-07-2023, 11:31 AM
  The REAL reason Oswald went to Irving on 11.21.63 Gil Jesus 1 460 15-06-2023, 03:46 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Conclusion Gil Jesus 1 607 01-04-2023, 04:23 PM
  The Conspiracy to Kill Lee Harvey Oswald --- Part IV Gil Jesus 0 442 26-03-2023, 02:10 PM