Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GREAT three part interview with Peter Dale Scott!
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opti...umival=518

Make sure you're sitting down and ready to be in a bad or mad mood. :driver:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
You’re right Pete, it’s a very interesting interview by PDS. The sense I have from it is that we are dealing with a Collective psychology that is founded on Mercurial advantage and that changing this mindset is what we must try to achieve.

I also think Peter is right in saying that the two-party system of democracy has proven to be dysfunctional and now is so corrupt as to be worthless. A far more liberated system of democracy needs to be developed where political parties decrease in power in favour of independents like Dennis Kucinich (for example).

Having said that the change of collective mindset is the first challenge, and it seems to me that this can only occur from the bottom up -- not top down.

The first step begins with each of us.
The shadow is a moral problem that challenges the whole ego-personality, for no one can become conscious of the shadow without considerable moral effort. To become conscious of it involves recognizing the dark aspects of the personality as present and real. This act is the essential condition for any kind of self-knowledge.
Carl Jung - Aion (1951). CW 9, Part II: P.14
David Guyatt Wrote:You’re right Pete, it’s a very interesting interview by PDS. The sense I have from it is that we are dealing with a Collective psychology that is founded on Mercurial advantage and that changing this mindset is what we must try to achieve.

I also think Peter is right in saying that the two-party system of democracy has proven to be dysfunctional and now is so corrupt as to be worthless. A far more liberated system of democracy needs to be developed where political parties decrease in power in favour of independents like Dennis Kucinich (for example).

Having said that the change of collective mindset is the first challenge, and it seems to me that this can only occur from the bottom up -- not top down.

The first step begins with each of us.

Now wouldn't it be nice if such and interview were on US and UK TV....but given the current system, it is only possible on obscure sites on the internet...but spread the word. You are right: bottom-up. Top-down is the old paradigm that has only served the few on top and oppressed all others below. His mention of a permanent War Machine is not to ignored either.
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scott Nobel's New Film [part] - Plutocracy Peter Lemkin 3 13,131 10-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  New Film By Scott Noble - Plutocracy [History of Political Repression in USA] Peter Lemkin 6 27,944 10-05-2019, 07:39 PM
  Great New Shows On Telesur - Chris Hedges & Abby Martin & More... Peter Lemkin 3 11,403 25-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Interview of Sheikh Imran on Republika Srpska television (in English) Paul Rigby 0 5,109 15-10-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Paul Rigby
  Vladimir Posner/Oliver Stone Interview Paul Rigby 1 3,217 03-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Malcolm John
  GREAT New Film On History Of Black Power Movement and Oppression Against It! Peter Lemkin 0 3,161 06-05-2014, 08:41 PM
  New Documentary "Counterintelligence" a four part series by Scott Noble Kara Dellacioppa 5 5,481 17-09-2013, 10:16 AM
  Great old video on Propaganda [Public Relations] - Corporatism - Politics - Control! Peter Lemkin 5 14,622 06-11-2012, 02:18 PM
  ICH: "Greed Has Poisoned Men Souls!" - Charlie Chaplin's speech in "The Great Dictator" film Adele Edisen 4 5,331 04-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Adele Edisen
  Jesse Ventura on CNN - interview by Piers Morgan Adele Edisen 7 5,128 25-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Phil Dragoo