Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A pointless thread on 'Free to Use' map and others.
Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:I would like to make Don's map and your JFK time line a sticky so they are always easy to find. I think they are both indispensable to any researcher in this area.

Great idea Maggie. Yes, let's make Don's map a sticky. Thanks! I'm always downloading copies of it to my PC because I'm so afraid it'll disappear. I wonder how long it took him to create it. I know he's still working on it.

AM>
It didn't take him very long, because he started by STEALING my map. It took me several months to draw the original map of Dealey Plaza in 1990 using GeoPaint on the Commodore 64 which is a bitmap drawing program.
<:eviltongue:

Oh, I should point out that while it has a Dealey Plaza map, it also has a lot of additional JFK-related material and data.

AM>
He has added a lot of speculative crap as if they are facts.

I'm still in the process of getting the time line ready. Do you think it should be a post in the JFK board or a link in the links menu?

Easy, he used MY map.
Anthony Marsh Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:I would like to make Don's map and your JFK time line a sticky so they are always easy to find. I think they are both indispensable to any researcher in this area.

Great idea Maggie. Yes, let's make Don's map a sticky. Thanks! I'm always downloading copies of it to my PC because I'm so afraid it'll disappear. I wonder how long it took him to create it. I know he's still working on it.

AM>
It didn't take him very long, because he started by STEALING my map. It took me several months to draw the original map of Dealey Plaza in 1990 using GeoPaint on the Commodore 64 which is a bitmap drawing program.

Oh, I should point out that while it has a Dealey Plaza map, it also has a lot of additional JFK-related material and data.

AM>
He has added a lot of speculative crap as if they are facts.

I'm still in the process of getting the time line ready. Do you think it should be a post in the JFK board or a link in the links menu?

Easy, he used MY map.

Ok AM.
Let's see your map that was supposedly plagiarized.
And what "speculative crap" is masquerading as facts?
You can overlay my map onto his and see how he started with my map.
I can't summarize all his speculations in one quick message.

The software here is so antiquated and klunky that I don't
know if the file uploaded correctly. It is named Dealey.gif,
but the forum software changed it to Dealey.jpg.
If it didn't work, you can also download it from my Web site.

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/Dealey.gif

Attached Files
.jpg   Dealey.jpg (Size: 13.36 KB / Downloads: 7)
Don deserves an apology, he stole nothing.

Dawn Meredith
Dawn Meredith Wrote:Don deserves an apology, he stole nothing.

Dawn Meredith

No, you need to stop defending people who steal other people's research. Anyone with computer skills can compare the two maps and see that he started with MY map.
Anthony Marsh Wrote:

Dawn Meredith

No, you need to stop defending people who steal other people's research. Anyone with computer skills can compare the two maps and see that he started with MY map.

Anthony,

-You have 48 hours to either substantiate all of the claims you've made in this thread against Don Roberdeau and his work--with precise details--or withdraw all of your claims by editing your posts. You have already been given many weeks to do so after being asked for details in post #11.

-It is not acceptable to make such unsubstantiated claims on this forum.

-You are also receiving this notification via PM.

The Moderators
I can see several differences in the maps. Perhaps Don and you used the same source for your respective maps? I don't know. If I was making a map of Dealy Plaza from scratch it would likely turn out very similar to yours and Don's as there is only so much variation that can happen with a fixed scale drawing. But the variation is there between your two maps. To accuse some one of theft is a serious matter Anthony. Especially some one as well respected and loved and whose integrity has never been questioned as Don.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
The Moderators Wrote:
Anthony Marsh Wrote:

Dawn Meredith

Anthony,

-You have 48 hours to either substantiate all of the claims you've made in this thread against Don Roberdeau and his work--with precise details--or withdraw all of your claims by editing your posts. You have already been given many weeks to do so after being asked for details in post #11.

-It is not acceptable to make such unsubstantiated claims on this forum.

-You are also receiving this notification via PM.

The Moderators

Maybe your forum software is defective. You should have been able to download the map I uploaded.
Here is Roberdeau's map:

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img160...g110508mb6.gif

Here is my map from 1990:

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/Dealey.gif

Print out both maps, preferably on clear acetate and lay one over the other. You will see that they match perfectly in almost all places except where he has added his own details. Note especially the distance from Main Street to the TSBD. No one else knew at the time the correct distance. I was the only one to figure it out.
Note especially the two tool sheds behind the pergola shelter. Note the street lights and traffic lines. Note the steps up to the pergola. I was the one who had to figure out pixel by pixel how to change straight lines into curves. You'll also notice that he corrected my curve of Elm Street. Since he was using an IBM whereas my Commodore 64 program did not make curves.
Even some of his staunchest defenders have admitted that he started with my map.
He has never admitted it. He has never credited me.
That's called stealing research. Like most people he probably found my map floating somewhere on the Internet and didn't realize where it came from. That why I corrected an incorrect post by someone else to set the record straight.
Magda Hassan Wrote:I can see several differences in the maps. Perhaps Don and you used the same source for your respective maps? I don't know. If I was making a map of Dealy Plaza from scratch it would likely turn out very similar to yours and Don's as there is only so much variation that can happen with a fixed scale drawing. But the variation is there between your two maps. To accuse some one of theft is a serious matter Anthony. Especially some one as well respected and loved and whose integrity has never been questioned as Don.

There is no perhaps. No one else had a map of Dealey Plaza with the same distance from Main Street to the TSBD. Before my map in 1990 all previously uploaded maps had it wrong. You can compare several details and see where he used my map and then modified it. If you make the false claim that I got my map from somewhere else I challenge you to upload that previous to 1990 map.
I guess it is also a serious charge to accuse the most beloved author and Pulitzer Prize winner of plagiarism, but in the real world it has happened.
Anthony Marsh Wrote:
Magda Hassan Wrote:I can see several differences in the maps. Perhaps Don and you used the same source for your respective maps? I don't know. If I was making a map of Dealy Plaza from scratch it would likely turn out very similar to yours and Don's as there is only so much variation that can happen with a fixed scale drawing. But the variation is there between your two maps. To accuse some one of theft is a serious matter Anthony. Especially some one as well respected and loved and whose integrity has never been questioned as Don.

There is no perhaps. No one else had a map of Dealey Plaza with the same distance from Main Street to the TSBD. Before my map in 1990 all previously uploaded maps had it wrong. You can compare several details and see where he used my map and then modified it. If you make the false claim that I got my map from somewhere else I challenge you to upload that previous to 1990 map.
I guess it is also a serious charge to accuse the most beloved author and Pulitzer Prize winner of plagiarism, but in the real world it has happened.

You are clearly referring to Posner, is he "beloved" by you? And he will have his day in court, but from what I have thus seen he DID commit plagiarism.
I wish Don would weigh in here, but I suspect he considers it beneath him, at this point.
You are making a lot of "challenges" here when it is you is being asked to substantiate your case.

Attorney Dawn Meredith
Co-founder of DPF.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mercedes Hijacks Che Image for Free Market Insult Ed Jewett 3 4,547 13-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  Atlantic Free Press Closing Doors Ed Jewett 0 2,358 22-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Ed Jewett