Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trojan Computer Virus
I would like to let any one who may have had email contact with Bob Ringler know that there is a trojan going the rounds which apparently originated from a BR email. Please do what you need to do to protect your computer and I suggest updating and running your anti virus programme. This is particularly important for users of Microsoft Windows, XP, Vista, Outlook, Outlook Express etc.
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:I would like to let any one who may have had email contact with Bob Ringler know that there is a trojan going the rounds which originated from a BR email. Please do what you need to do to protect your computer and I suggest updating and running your anti virus programme. This is particularly important for users of Microsoft Windows, XP, Vista, Outlook, Outlook Express etc.

I had several PMs from him. Then suddenly we all got the same email from MYra, but it was NOT from Myra. My computer went nuts, all programs were run, but I had to be w/o it for nearly three days to have repairs.
It interfered with my ability to work greatly.
Are we sure that the trojan originated from BR?
If so that is very disturbing.
Dawn
We don't know for absolute certain but it seems to be the case. Did the people who repaired your pooter say exactly what had happened?
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:We don't know for absolute certain but it seems to be the case. Did the people who repaired your pooter say exactly what had happened?

Correct, we don't know for sure. It was just suspicious timing and circumstances. No proof. I'm sorry you had such serious problems with your computer Dawn. Has that ever happened before?
Not like this..."disk errors" and a bunch of lingo I don't really understand...hard drive may beed to be replaced...still having problems..never know when an email really goes thru, as I often get an icon (never before all this) saying to re-send, then I do and it happens again. Some people do get it three or four times, others never get it at all, so it's frustrating. Now I just copy self on all so I can know if it went thru.
Dawn Meredith Wrote:Not like this..."disk errors" and a bunch of lingo I don't really understand...hard drive may beed to be replaced...still having problems..never know when an email really goes thru, as I often get an icon (never before all this) saying to re-send, then I do and it happens again. Some people do get it three or four times, others never get it at all, so it's frustrating. Now I just copy self on all so I can know if it went thru.

Well, I hope it's unrelated to the email virus attack on my PC, but the fact that you've had so many email problems makes me wonder.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  computer help Keith Millea 14 11,806 18-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Peter Presland