Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spy swap Russian wants to leave UK and return home
Amiri isn't the only spy/pawn who wants to go go back home to their evil empires. It must be getting harder and harder to recruit for the West these days.
Quote:Spy swap Russian wants to leave UK and return home

[Image: _48459579_009779534-1.jpg] Mr Sutyagin, who served 11 years in prison, has always maintained his innocence
A Russian nuclear expert freed from prison and sent to the UK in a spy swap has said he wants to go home to Russia.
Igor Sutyagin, 45, says he wants to see his wife and children and fix the porch on his house in Obninsk near Moscow.
He broke his silence in a statement released by his brother in Moscow following his release on 9 July after 11 years in jail in Russia.
He was freed with three others also accused of spying for the US in a swap for 10 Russian agents.

Mr Sutyagin was accused of handing classified information about Russian submarines to a British company, that was in turn allegedly a front for the CIA. He has always maintained his innocence.
The 10 Russian agents had pleaded guilty in New York to "conspiracy to act as an unregistered agent of a foreign country" and were expelled from the US.
Passport revoked
In a statement on Thursday, Mr Sutyagin said: "I'm starting to feel myself again, gaining strength, I really want to see my wife, my daughters, my parents and my brother.
"I intend finally to return to Obninsk and repair the thoroughly ramshackle roof of our poky little house on that scrap of land the other side of the Protva [local river].
"A little sooner or a little later, I don't know yet, but it will definitely happen, so everything with me is pretty clear."
[Image: _48234543_009703108-1.jpg] Anna Chapman worked in London's financial sector for several years
As part of the deal for his release, Mr Sutyagin was pardoned by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, so should be allowed to return to Russia in the future.
But the British authorities have refused to comment on the likelihood of this or what they intend for him.
Mr Sutyagin is reported to be staying undercover in a British hotel near London.
Meanwhile Anna Chapman, one of the 10 Russian agents, is reported to be upset the UK has cancelled her passport.
Her US lawyer says the 28-year-old is particularly disappointed she now cannot return to the UK.
Ms Chapman became a British citizen by marriage and worked in the financial sector for a few years after moving to London in 2002.
The spy swap was carried out in Vienna, after which two of the four US spies were reportedly flown to England.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10734351
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Services Rendered: Russian Federation’s Order of Friendship to go with Obama's Nobel Peace Prize? Magda Hassan 0 3,957 22-12-2016, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  ABBA: The imminent Russian threat to Sweden Paul Rigby 1 3,289 07-07-2015, 08:40 AM
  Russian tanks roll into Ukrainse as Euro leaders thrashed out peace settlement David Guyatt 3 4,371 14-02-2015, 05:48 AM
  Arizona anti- Immigration rally meets Native American dad on way home from shops Magda Hassan 1 2,462 09-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Drew Phipps
  The Fast Show Due ti Return David Guyatt 1 2,169 02-05-2014, 10:45 AM
  I didn't win so I'm taking my Bat and and Ball and going home Magda Hassan 2 2,946 01-05-2013, 08:57 AM
  Chalk Man Home Page Bernice Moore 0 2,403 15-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Last Post: Bernice Moore
  Rock Stars at Home with Mum and Dad Magda Hassan 0 3,093 11-02-2012, 01:46 AM
  Anyone not a member of the Bullingdon Club leave now. Magda Hassan 4 3,078 24-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  John Travolta' home David Guyatt 11 7,993 06-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Dawn Meredith