Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
61 trucks loaded with 300 tons of explosives go missing in central India
How does that happen?! Woops!
Quote:
61 trucks loaded with 300 tons of explosives go missing in central India

NEW DELHI, Aug. 13 (Xinhua) -- Some 61 trucks loaded with over 300 tons of explosives have gone missing in the central Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, a senior police official said Friday.
"The trucks were sent from a state-owned factory, Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Limited, in Dholpur to a private company called Ganesh Explosives in the state's Sagar district. But it never reached there," the official said.
A massive search is on to track down the trucks as fear is mounting that if the explosives, including detonators and gelatin sticks, reach the wrong hands it could be devastating, he added.
Meanwhile, Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Limited has claimed that it can't be blamed for this disappearance as it sent explosives only in trucks authorized by the company.
"We hand over the explosives to those who have the license. And they then dispatch it on their truck. Now, whatever happens to that explosive thereafter, we are not responsible for that," Y.C. Upadhyay of the company said.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/wo...443806.htm
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Ahwwwh, Come ON! Magda - haven't you ever lost a sock in the washing machine?!?!?:top: I predict they will eventually turn up with a 'bang'!Confusedtupido2: Second, that they were 'lost' exactly where they were supposed to be 'lost'.:dontknow: It hardly matters if they were pedicabs or full-size semi's [more likely], but 61 trucks in one day....bad something....and it ain't Karma! Confusedtickyman:
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Who is gonna give a dam?
"Where is the intersection between the world's deep hunger and your deep gladness?"
Peter Lemkin Wrote:Ahwwwh, Come ON! Magda - haven't you ever lost a sock in the washing machine?!?!?:top: I predict they will eventually turn up with a 'bang'!Confusedtupido2: Second, that they were 'lost' exactly where they were supposed to be 'lost'.:dontknow: It hardly matters if they were pedicabs or full-size semi's [more likely], but 61 trucks in one day....bad something....and it ain't Karma! Confusedtickyman:
Yes I occasionally lose my sock in the wash but it always shows up in the sofa cushion crack. I just wonder where this will show up. Sixty one pedicabs all in a row outside the urban areas would be quite noticable. Sixty one pantechnicons could be seen by satellite even with out GPS. I thinkyou are right. They got lost exactly where they were supposed to be lost. :marchmellow:
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Is there any follow up on this story? Is no one (at least) upset at the missing drivers and their trucks, not to mention the minor detail of all that explosive?!??! Reminds me of some of the reports of missing nukes and fission materials in the USA and elsewhere.....always spoken of as if they were clerical oversight and never followed-up on. Relax, everything is under control......as you soon will be too! :hello: More details:

Sun, Aug 15 04:24 PM

More than a month after they began probing the case of missing explosives, the Madhya Pradesh Police have finally got the list of 22 lorries used in transportation.

Armed with the details, they seized four of these lorries from Rajgarh town, the district where main accused Jaikishan Aswani has a facility to store explosives.

Aswani had indented the explosives from Rajasthan Explosives and Chemicals Company (RECL) in the name of Ganesh Explosives, a company he did not own and whose license had already expired.

The four empty lorries were lying abandoned for more than a month but the police seized them late on Friday only after confirming that they were registered to carry the explosives. The lorries are actually specialized containers, modified according to the guidelines for transporting explosives

IG (Sagar Range) Anvesh Mangalam told The Sunday Express that as much as 370 tonne of explosives were purchased in the name of Ganesh Explosives, located a few kilometres from Sagar town, in 61 consignments but never reached the destination.

Rajgarh SP Asha Mathur said Aswani is a resident of Bhilwara in Rajasthan but owned a facility in Rajgarh. She said more details about Aswani were being collected.

The police have made no arrests so far but have kept Devendra Singh Thakur, the owner of Ganesh Explosives, under watch. It was Thakur who had first alleged that even though the licence of Ganesh Explosives had expired Aswani was purchasing explosives in its name.

The police suspect Thakur and Aswani worked in partnership for some time before things went wrong between them. "He identifies himself as a victim not an accused," Mangalam said of Thakur.

The police believe Aswani with his Rajasthan-based relative Shivcharan Chheda diverted the explosives headed for Sagar to people into illegal mining. The police are not ruling out the possibility that the explosives could have even fallen into the hands of anti-national elements.

However, it's surprising that the police have not made much headway in the case though they claim to have got support from the Rajasthan Police. Not even one driver or cleaner of these lorries has been taken into custody, leave aside the main accused or his accomplices.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/48/20100815/804...s-f_1.html

[illegal mining!......wanna bet!?!?!?!?!]
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MH 370: Missing Malaysian Airliner Lauren Johnson 397 183,005 31-07-2018, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Lauren Johnson
  Explosives found in Swedish nuclear plant. Magda Hassan 1 2,528 22-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  THE HISTORY AND RESURGENCE OF DEATH SQUADS IN CENTRAL AMERICA: massacre of four public health worker Magda Hassan 1 2,732 17-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  Mock drills held hours before real attack (last week, Jama Masjid, India) Ed Jewett 1 2,787 26-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Last Post: Peter Lemkin
  Documents of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) United States - Sebastián Piñera Detention in 198 Magda Hassan 3 5,532 27-06-2010, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Jan Klimkowski
  India- interesting timing Dawn Meredith 46 31,571 14-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Paul Rigby