Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
December 8, 1980: John Lennon is assassinated in the US
"They tried to kill John, but they couldn't because his message is still alive."
--Yoko Ono, "The US vs John Lennon"
Myra Bronstein Wrote:"They tried to kill John, but they couldn't because his message is still alive."

Not only killed IN the U.S.; but BY the U.S. [or some in it]! :thumpdown: Like with 11/22/63 I remember exactly where I was "when I heard the news....."

Another of the many assassinations by the 'assassination factory'. A great loss for the World, Peace, Justice and those of us who could 'Imagine!'
"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws. - Mayer Rothschild
"Civil disobedience is not our problem. Our problem is civil obedience! People are obedient in the face of poverty, starvation, stupidity, war, and cruelty. Our problem is that grand thieves are running the country. That's our problem!" - Howard Zinn
"If there is no struggle there is no progress. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and never will" - Frederick Douglass
Peter Lemkin Wrote:
Myra Bronstein Wrote:"They tried to kill John, but they couldn't because his message is still alive."

Not only killed IN the U.S.; but BY the U.S. [or some in it]! :thumpdown: Like with 11/22/63 I remember exactly where I was "when I heard the news....."

Another of the many assassinations by the 'assassination factory'. A great loss for the World, Peace, Justice and those of us who could 'Imagine!'

As do I Peter. I was asleep when an old boyfriend and former member of the Assassination Information Bureau, Harvey Yazijian, called and woke me up with the words "There's been another political assassination John Lennon is dead".
Little did Harv realize how correct he was.
I was inconsolable for a very long time.

Dawn
Dawn Meredith Wrote:...
As do I Peter. I was asleep when an old boyfriend and former member of the Assassination Information Bureau, Harvey Yazijian, called and woke me up with the words "There's been another political assassination John Lennon is dead".
Little did Harv realize how correct he was.
I was inconsolable for a very long time.

Dawn

Yes that was a horrible time. The day the music died. Or more aptly was murdered. For those who have not seen "The US vs John Lennon" and want some insights, it is highly recommended.

Here are Gore Vidal's brief but insightful comments from it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FJ51Jmlxno
I really think the entire documentary is online so I'm looking for it.
Here we go, "The US vs John Lennon"--http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-us-vs-john-lennon/, the full documentary, 96 minutes.
Thank you for this! ExcellentStar
"The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it." Karl Marx

"He would, wouldn't he?" Mandy Rice-Davies. When asked in court whether she knew that Lord Astor had denied having sex with her.

“I think it would be a good idea” Ghandi, when asked about Western Civilisation.
Magda Hassan Wrote:Thank you for this! ExcellentStar

Thank you Myra. Will watch it after work.

Dawn
I watched it, it's great. It's a good synopsis of the cultural war going on in the 60's.

They've set the scene for a movie to show the CIA hypnosis and murder of Lennon. Something noticeably and palpably too mute in this movie. After all, if the bastards murdered Lennon through cowardly hypnosis why deny them the due and deserved credit?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1980: Itavia 870 shot down over Ustica/Italy Carsten Wiethoff 6 8,406 26-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Frank Taylor
  John Sinclair:The White Panther Party Keith Millea 3 8,797 14-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Keith Millea
  December 7, 1941: US naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii is attacked by the Imperial Japanese Navy Myra Bronstein 3 4,075 10-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Ed Jewett
  Romeo Spy John Symonds Magda Hassan 2 5,920 07-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan
  Power to the People: The Lost John Lennon Interview 1971 Magda Hassan 0 2,711 09-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Magda Hassan